RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Unpacking Uranium One

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 11/03/17 1:59 pm    ::: Unpacking Uranium One Reply Reply with quote

https://lawfareblog.com/unpacking-uranium-one-hype-and-law

Quote:
One final point—the CFIUS process has been around for a while. Most of the cases are relatively routine. Mitigation measures are often standard, with a little bit of crafting to meet a specific case. A regular meeting has career civil servants in attendance, not political appointees.

PostPosted: 11/03/17 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't you hate when the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory?

PostPosted: 11/03/17 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Don't you hate when the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory?

What? You don't think it's "racketeering"? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 12/21/17 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like we're not quite done unpacking it yet...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/prosecutors-ask-fbi-agents-info-uranium-one-deal-n831436

justintyme

PostPosted: 12/21/17 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What a shocker, Trump's stoogie is pushing this non-story even more.

PostPosted: 12/21/17 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe you don't like it, but your little "hero" over there is a criminal and deserves to be in jail. Even though I still doubt she will ever have to face a judge.

justintyme

PostPosted: 12/21/17 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Maybe you don't like it, but your little "hero" over there is a criminal and deserves to be in jail. Even though I still doubt she will ever have to face a judge.

I think it likely that she has done something shady during her years in politics that crossed a line and may have broken a law. She seemed to spend a lot of time in the gray area so that would not surprise me.

However, Uranium One, as has been pointed out by just about every fact checker out there and even just a common sense understanding of how that whole deal worked, is absolutely not one of them. The only reason it is even a thing is a clear political attempt to discredit Mueller as he gets closer and closer to the disgusting lump of orange flesh sitting in the Oval Office.

PostPosted: 12/21/17 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

I think it likely that she has done something shady during her years in politics that crossed a line and may have broken a law. She seemed to spend a lot of time in the gray area so that would not surprise me.

However, Uranium One, as has been pointed out by just about every fact checker out there and even just a common sense understanding of how that whole deal worked, is absolutely not one of them. The only reason it is even a thing is a clear political attempt to discredit Mueller as he gets closer and closer to the disgusting lump of orange flesh sitting in the Oval Office.

Well this is why there is going to be an investigation. Now we will have real facts, and not just from "fact checkers."

As far as Mueller is concerned, not only has he not come up with ANYTHING on President Trump yet, but he's basing that entire investigation on a fake dossier. Mueller may be in some serious hot water very soon, which is why I am confident that his investigation won't be going on for much longer.

With regards to the common sense understanding, it would appear that Hillary Clinton is the only person who has benefited financially from this whole arrangement. The upcoming investigation will uncover any wrongdoing by all involved parties and hopefully will bring them to justice.

In the interest of justice, we should be happy that people who think they are above the law could pay for their crimes. We will see what happens once this DOJ investigation is concluded. Until then, I am not going to make any assumptions at all about the outcome.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/21/17 4:00 pm    ::: Re: Unpacking Uranium One Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:
One final point—the CFIUS process has been around for a while. Most of the cases are relatively routine. Mitigation measures are often standard, with a little bit of crafting to meet a specific case. A regular meeting has career civil servants in attendance, not political appointees.

This article is not an examination of the factual, legal or ethical issues relating to the $135 million in donations to the Clinton Foundation by parties related to the Uranium One deal or to the huge speaking fees Bill Clinton got around the same time from Russian sources. The author specifically acknowledges this by saying: "I focus exclusively on the transfer and the U.S. government's approval of it. I am not, in this post, considering the evidence—such as it is—of donations to the Clinton Foundation."

Th author then proceeds to summarize the publicly known procedures of CFIUS, which everyone has always known. That doesn't answer all, or perhaps any, of the many legal and ethical questions surrounding the avalanche of Uranium One-related money poured into the Clinton Foundation and Bill Clinton's pockets, nor does it answer the perhaps more important questions as to whether the Obama DOJ and FBI investigated these matters impartially and apolitically.
justintyme

PostPosted: 12/21/17 4:42 pm    ::: Re: Unpacking Uranium One Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

This article is not an examination of the factual, legal or ethical issues relating to the $135 million in donations to the Clinton Foundation by parties related to the Uranium One deal or to the huge speaking fees Bill Clinton got around the same time from Russian sources. The author specifically acknowledges this by saying: "I focus exclusively on the transfer and the U.S. government's approval of it. I am not, in this post, considering the evidence—such as it is—of donations to the Clinton Foundation."

Th author then proceeds to summarize the publicly known procedures of CFIUS, which everyone has always known. That doesn't answer all, or perhaps any, of the many legal and ethical questions surrounding the avalanche of Uranium One-related money poured into the Clinton Foundation and Bill Clinton's pockets, nor does it answer the perhaps more important questions as to whether the Obama DOJ and FBI investigated these matters impartially and apolitically.

The issue is that for something to be quid pro quo, there needs to be quo. By examining the "publicly known procedures of CFIUS, which everyone has always known", we can demonstrably say that Clinton had no way to provide a quo for any quid she may have received, even if she did receive questionable donations (which has been refuted in its own right since just about all of that money came from Frank Guistra, who had sold all his shares of Uranium One in 2007, 18 months before Clinton became Secretary of State).

PostPosted: 12/21/17 5:44 pm    ::: Re: Unpacking Uranium One Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

The issue is that for something to be quid pro quo, there needs to be quo. By examining the "publicly known procedures of CFIUS, which everyone has always known", we can demonstrably say that Clinton had no way to provide a quo for any quid she may have received, even if she did receive questionable donations (which has been refuted in its own right since just about all of that money came from Frank Guistra, who had sold all his shares of Uranium One in 2007, 18 months before Clinton became Secretary of State).

Isn't that just what a sneaky criminal mastermind would do?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: