RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Western Illinois @ Stanford - 12/18/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 12/18/17 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to the dawgs. They were absolutely the best team tonight. For Stanford, maybe not quite as bad as losing to Feaster/Harvard...but close.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 12/18/17 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
When does McPhee return?

At this point, I'm not even sure if that will be enough to win 10 more games. Will this be the year we don't make the NCAA's? Maybe.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 12/19/17 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Congrats to the dawgs. They were absolutely the best team tonight. For Stanford, maybe not quite as bad as losing to Feaster/Harvard...but close.

They were so good that they only scored 3 pts in the 2nd quarter, and they were still able to piss on the tree.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 12/19/17 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:

They were so good that they only scored 3 pts in the 2nd quarter, and they were still able to piss on the tree.

Ironically one of Tara's famous Tara'ims is that sometimes you're the Dog, and sometimes you're the hydrant. Today we were the hydrant.

- Amanda Gorman
PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/19/17 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Look for Stanford to fall to No. 19 in next week's rankings!

lynxmania

PostPosted: 12/19/17 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Western Illinois isn’t a bad team, so I’m honestly not shocked to see them beat Stanford. Especially since Stanford isn’t that great this year. Clemens is a stud and she continually puts up an all around good numbers stat line.

Would love to see the Summit get two teams into the tourney with WIU and SDSU, but deep down I know it won’t happen.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/19/17 12:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Western Illinois isn’t a bad team, so I’m honestly not shocked to see them beat Stanford.

I noticed they were 9-2 and beat Illinois, so that was enough for them to get a game thread against a P5 school.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/19/17 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Very similar. 2 starters out. Tonight's score 71-64, 20 years ago (less 3 months) 71-67.

At this point Stanford is 6-5. They may still be ranked tomorrow because of the lateness of the game, but this is a team that could finish the month at 6-8 (Tennessee, UCLA and USC.) I don't understand how Alanna Smith can go 8-24 from the field, particularly when Western Illinois doesn't have a player over 6-1. And I don't understand how the team as a whole, with such a size advantage, can only shoot 31%. Or how they can shoot 40% from the line - I'm sorry NCAA, but if a shooter misses a free throw and then steps over the line early that should count as a missed free throw, not just a lane violation.

I've watched Stanford too long to count them out, but three 20+ point losses and this game without a win better than Belmont doesn't bode well for them. I'm sure they will be better once Carrington and McPhee are back, and I expect both will play most if not all of the conference season. If they don't she may have more free time in March than expected.

Howee

PostPosted: 12/19/17 1:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn. Not sposta happen. Razz

PostPosted: 12/19/17 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Way to go Leathernecks!

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 12/19/17 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Myrtle and I were not joking when we said this was going to be a loooong year.

I was surprised we got the rank we got but wouldn't be surprised to see us drop out unless there is a miracle before Christmas in our next game.

No leaders, the pride of Tara i.e. defense is not there, that is why she is searching for anyone to take pride in their defense. My question, is it the next generations attitude not wanting to buy into defense, as it seems to be a larger problem overall.

My only hope is that as the PAC seems down this year we can ugly up some games with low scoring and lots of sagging in the paint Laughing

My top team would be OSU right now as he seems to have enough to get them to play scout D.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/19/17 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have heard these concerns about Stanford before, but I don't see them as done. The loss certainly surprised me, particularly after the way they played in the second quarter. But if Carrington and McPhee are both good to go for the conference season I still see Stanford as third in the conference behind Oregon and UCLA. Even with one of them they are in the second group with OSU, ASU, Cal and maybe USC. As a Cal fan who suffered through years of sub .500 programs I know that Stanford isn't used to being borderline top 25, let alone borderline tournament worthy. But you still have a great coach and a bunch of players with great character. I have no doubt you will be contending in the Pac 12, at least for the top 4.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: