RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2017-18 Season Injury/Transfer/Attrition Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scfastpitch

PostPosted: 12/17/17 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bianca Cuevas-Moore out for season for South Carolina .

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-womens-basketball/article190239119.html

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 12/17/17 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tania Davis went down with an injury to her non-surgically repaired knee. Last year her Hawkeye season ended with a knee injury.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/18/17 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Debra Ferguson is eligible for JMU but still not medically cleared by surgeon who did repair on her knee last April....

PostPosted: 12/18/17 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scfastpitch wrote:

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-womens-basketball/article190239119.html

Makes the case for tea' almost automatically approved now.

PostPosted: 12/18/17 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't find any info here or anywhere else about the absence of Stephanie Watts and Destinee Walker from UNC this season. What's the scoop?

Shades

PostPosted: 12/18/17 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
While junior guards Destinee Walker and Stephanie Watts continue to recover from injuries that they suffered from last season, Hatchell will have to become more heavily dependent on her talented, but young, rookie class.

Quote:
Unfortunately for the Tar Heels, the team will have to persevere, at least for the time being, as Walker and Watts still have an uncertain timetable for their returns to the court.

“I don’t know,” Hatchell said when asked about when Walker and Watts could return. “We thought we would have had them back by now but we don’t.”

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/18/17 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sophomore Jessica Munoz leaving the ODU program for "personal reasons". She averaged 2.1 points and 2.0 rebounds. This leaves ODU with just 10 players.

PostPosted: 12/18/17 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
scfastpitch wrote:

Makes the case for tea' almost automatically approved now.

don't know why one player's injury would effect another player's eligibility. I can understand why SC hopes for it of course.

- Amanda Gorman

Last edited by myrtle on 12/19/17 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/18/17 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Tania Davis went down with an injury to her non-surgically repaired knee. Last year her Hawkeye season ended with a knee injury.

From Hoopfeed:
Iowa jr. guard Tania Davis will miss remainder of season with a medial meniscus & ACL tear in her left knee. The injury occurred in the 12/17 game at Northern Iowa. j.mp/2D0GLiG #ncaaw

Crying or Very sad

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 12/19/17 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

From Hoopfeed:
Iowa jr. guard Tania Davis will miss remainder of season with a medial meniscus & ACL tear in her left knee. The injury occurred in the 12/17 game at Northern Iowa. j.mp/2D0GLiG #ncaaw

Crying or Very sad

That's a big blow but one that can be better offset this year because both McKenzie Meyer and Kat Doyle are a year more w experienced and Iowa has Alexis Sevillian, who has been stellar so far.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/19/17 6:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

From Hoopfeed:

Crying or Very sad

That's a big blow but one that can be better offset this year because both McKenzie Meyer and Kat Doyle are a year more w experienced and Iowa has Alexis Sevillian, who has been stellar so far.

I was reading on the Iowa board that there will be no scholarship guards left on the bench to give any breathers.

goforit77

PostPosted: 12/20/17 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Word around the triangle is that neither will play this year. The UNC Players

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/21/17 7:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.jconline.com/story/sports/college/purdue/womens-basketball/2017/12/20/purdue-womens-basketball-pulls-away-defeat-saint-marys/968182001/

Purdue loses 2-3
Quote:
Wednesday’s 70-60 victory over Saint Mary’s (Calif.) to capture the BTI Invitational won’t ease all the worries but how coach Sharon Versyp’s team played should bring a hint of optimism.

But the team’s depth took a little bit of a hit.

Versyp said point guard Tiara Murphy is no longer with the program for academic reasons. Her playing time dwindled recently and her biggest contribution was hitting six 3-pointers and scoring 19 points in the season-opening win at Central Michigan.

Redshirt sophomore and junior college transfer Fatou Diagne will have a screw inserted in her foot Friday and is done for the season. Freshman Dani Lawson (knees) has missed the last eight games and will be examined by doctors again Thursday. Surgery is an option.

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 12/21/17 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just saw a tweet that Mckenzie Calvert was behind the Texas Tech bench today. She's supposedly allowed to play next semester.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/28/17 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Picked this one up off of Raoul's twitter feed:

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/college/womens-basketball/makenzie-meyer-sidelined-indefinitely-with-broken-hand-20171227

Quote:

For the second time in less than two weeks, the Iowa Hawkeyes have been dealt a devastating blow.

Makenzie Meyer suffered a broken bone in her left (non-shooting) hand toward the end of women’s basketball practice Wednesday, The Gazette has learned.

A sophomore from Mason City, Meyer is out “indefinitely,” according to a source close to the program. She could be back within two weeks, or it could be longer.

Iowa plays 5 of their first 7 B1G games on the road.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/29/17 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
Just saw a tweet that Mckenzie Calvert was behind the Texas Tech bench today. She's supposedly allowed to play next semester.

I had a discussion with someone on another board about this in reference to Debra Ferguson of JMU. I assumed that "next semester" meant not until January, and he was trying to tell me that it meant as soon as classes were over in December and that Ashley Perez had started playing at that point in her career (she was eligible second semester at that time also). I didn't think so but didn't remember. Who is correct, O NCAA-knowledgeable folk?

BTW, considering how Calvert was treated by Kansas, I think she darn well should be allowed to play ASAP. That was pretty shameful, IMHO.

PostPosted: 12/29/17 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:

I had a discussion with someone on another board about this in reference to Debra Ferguson of JMU. I assumed that "next semester" meant not until January, and he was trying to tell me that it meant as soon as classes were over in December and that Ashley Perez had started playing at that point in her career (she was eligible second semester at that time also). I didn't think so but didn't remember. Who is correct, O NCAA-knowledgeable folk?

BTW, considering how Calvert was treated by Kansas, I think she darn well should be allowed to play ASAP. That was pretty shameful, IMHO.

Different schools have different systems (semester/trimester/quarter), which makes things confusing. But, using Ashley as an example, her first game for JMU was on 12/15/14.

To use another example, UCLA is on a quarter system. UCLA's fall 2017 quarter ended December 15th, and the winter 2018 quarter starts January 3rd. Japreece Dean, a midseason transfer, played her first game for the Bruins on December 17th.

So my guess is that it's after the first applicable term is over, not after the next applicable term starts. I am not a rules lawyer, though.

PostPosted: 12/29/17 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:

Different schools have different systems (semester/trimester/quarter), which makes things confusing. But, using Ashley as an example, her first game for JMU was on 12/15/14.

To use another example, UCLA is on a quarter system. UCLA's fall 2017 quarter ended December 15th, and the winter 2018 quarter starts January 3rd. Japreece Dean, a midseason transfer, played her first game for the Bruins on December 17th.

So my guess is that it's after the first applicable term is over, not after the next applicable term starts. I am not a rules lawyer, though.

Thanks, Queenie. JMU is on a semester system, so Ferguson should be eligible. She has not, however, been medically cleared post-reconstructive surgery on her right knee, and I am a bit anxious about that. I'm wondering if they'll apply for a medical redshirt for the rest of this year....that would mess things up considerably.

PostPosted: 12/31/17 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Apparently ND has another knee injury. This time Lili Thompson.

https://ndnation.com/boards/showpost.php?b=mcgraw;pid=51089;d=this

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/31/17 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Apparently ND has another knee injury. This time Lili Thompson.

https://ndnation.com/boards/showpost.php?b=mcgraw;pid=51089;d=this

Yea this is not fair. Why is it always Notre Dame & Not ______ i wont say their names Exclamation Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: 01/11/18 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Blair Watson of Maryland is done for the year with an ACL. She was the Terps’ second-leading scorer.

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 01/12/18 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McKenzie Calvert is transferring from Texas tech and Andra Espinoza Hunter is transferring from UCONN.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/12/18 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Blair Watson of Maryland is done for the year with an ACL. She was the Terps’ second-leading scorer.

Wow she was just starting to take off .

PostPosted: 01/12/18 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What has happened to Reece Caldwell ? She's seem to disappear from the tech team ?

PostPosted: 01/12/18 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
McKenzie Calvert is transferring from Texas tech and Andra Espinoza Hunter is transferring from UCONN.

I called that one the second Chrystin Williams verballed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: