RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NHL team in Houston?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenHW

PostPosted: 11/20/17 1:17 am    ::: NHL team in Houston? Reply Reply with quote

Tilman Fertitta, the guy who recently purchased the Houston Rockets NBA team, has now been mentioned as a potential owner if the NHL decides to put a team there, either by expansion or relocating an existing franchise.

I wouldn't mind an NHL franchise in Houston. But I was hoping he would try to bring back the WNBA Comets instead! Just sayin'...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/houston-front-runner-next-nhl-franchise/

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/15/16659204/nhl-houston-expansion-rumors-relocation-tilman-fertitta-gary-bettman-meetings-2017

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolschram/2017/11/17/houston-rockets-owner-tilman-fertitta-expresses-interest-in-acquiring-an-nhl-franchise/#548a8a7270aa

PostPosted: 11/20/17 6:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the NHL needs another western team to balance out the league(16 each). Carolina is likely moving to Quebec. Seattle was rumored to get this expansion team is a new arena gets built.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Hawkeye

PostPosted: 11/20/17 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle can't get its act together, so Houston will likely get its team. Not too sure about Carolina moving again....of you believe the owner who has gone on record saying he has zero desire to move the Hurricanes. We'll see though.

Hawkeye

PostPosted: 11/20/17 2:51 pm    ::: Re: NHL team in Houston? Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
I wouldn't mind an NHL franchise in Houston. But I was hoping he would try to bring back the WNBA Comets instead! Just sayin'...

He needs to know there is a fan base for the Comets in order to convince him to spend the $10 million to reactivate them. Hit up his twitter feed with #RelaunchTheComets

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 11/21/17 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
the NHL needs another western team to balance out the league(16 each). Carolina is likely moving to Quebec. Seattle was rumored to get this expansion team is a new arena gets built.

Not happening. Bettman is not moving a southern team to Canada.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 12/16/17 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Not happening. Bettman is not moving a southern team to Canada.

It's happened before: the current Calgary Flames used to be the Atlanta Flames. The current version of the Winnipeg Jets used to be the Atlanta Thrashers.

PostPosted: 12/16/17 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carolina isn't moving as part of the sale agreement. Now, Arizona could be on the move and the Ottawa owner just came out saying moving the Senators is something he's open to as the financials aren't working out very well there. Would Fertitta allow someone else to operate an NHL team in a building he controls? Don't know. The Senators COULD move to Seattle, freeing up the expansion slot for Houston. The Calgary Flames are also butting heads with their city and could also be a re-location candidate. Fertitta could try a Les Alexander move and try and buy the Flames and move them back to the states, like Alexander did with getting to a sale agreement with the Oilers but got matched by locals.

Quite a few moving parts still in play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: