RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Want to see income inequality?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 12/15/17 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

And too many of those 900 voted for the biggest grifter rip-off artist fraud pathological liar who has a history of stiffing those 900 out of their earned wages; who hires lower-wage foreigners; has products manufactured in China; and is doing his best to give that guy at the top an even bigger slice of the pie while screwing many of the 900 out of health insurance.

Well done, 900.

His employment activities prior to election mean nothing. Otherwise, we wouldn't have so many lawyers sitting in Congress and people would have scratched their heads wondering what Dubya Bush did for half his adult life.

Trump still wants to protect his rich buddies by not enforcing immigration law in the workplace. But at least he wants a wall to make it a little more difficult for the rich to hire illegal workers. Something none of the other politicians want on either side of the aisle. So he's not as good as he could be with regard to illegal immigration, but he beats all the other bums.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/15/17 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

And too many of those 900 voted for the biggest grifter rip-off artist fraud pathological liar who has a history of stiffing those 900 out of their earned wages; who hires lower-wage foreigners; has products manufactured in China; and is doing his best to give that guy at the top an even bigger slice of the pie while screwing many of the 900 out of health insurance.

Well done, 900.

His employment activities prior to election mean nothing. Otherwise, we wouldn't have so many lawyers sitting in Congress and people would have scratched their heads wondering what Dubya Bush did for half his adult life.

Trump still wants to protect his rich buddies by not enforcing immigration law in the workplace. But at least he wants a wall to make it a little more difficult for the rich to hire illegal workers. Something none of the other politicians want on either side of the aisle. So he's not as good as he could be with regard to illegal immigration, but he beats all the other bums.

Does a 30-ft wall really make a difference that will offset no, little, or more expensive health insurance; dirtier water, earth, and air; bigger deficit; less so-called entitlements, and higher taxes?

PostPosted: 12/15/17 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

Does a 30-ft wall really make a difference that will offset no, little, or more expensive health insurance; dirtier water, earth, and air; bigger deficit; less so-called entitlements, and higher taxes?

What you meant to say was "Does semi-enforcement of immigration law really... ". For me it does. You can reverse any policy in four years. A wall would make it harder for the rich to employ illegal workers in place of Americans forever. Although, it is possible that the masses would go along when the rich demand it be torn down.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/18/17 2:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

What you meant to say was "Does semi-enforcement of immigration law really... ". For me it does. You can reverse any policy in four years. A wall would make it harder for the rich to employ illegal workers in place of Americans forever. Although, it is possible that the masses would go along when the rich demand it be torn down.

If your concern is hiring American workers the answer is actually simple: require employers to gather legal social security numbers from all workers and deny tax deductions for any payments to individuals who have either provided no or false information. Additionally provide penalties for repeated violations. Finally do not allow for hiring of temporary workers from outside the country (as is used by Maralago extensively for peak season) and instead require the hiring of American workers. This would create higher paying jobs at the low end of the wage scale, but would also cause prices to increase in several areas, including fruits and vegetables, hotels, laundry, lawn care, day care, etc. This would be far more effective than a wall.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/18/17 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

No, I meant what I said, literally. I had assumed you were blinded by this single issue in the same way the so-called "right-to-life" crowd is by theirs. I just wanted confirmation is all.

PostPosted: 12/18/17 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

No, I meant what I said, literally. I had assumed you were blinded by this single issue in the same way the so-called "right-to-life" crowd is by theirs. I just wanted confirmation is all.

Clearly the issue I am "blinded by", that is, feel most strongly about, is infinite immigration. But as a sacred cow, it is not a part of the political discourse or up for debate. Infinite illegal immigration is also a very important issue to me. But talking about a "30-foot wall" is just trying to minimize illegal immigration. If you want to find out if someone is "blinded by one issue", I would suggest you don't create a strawman - talk about the actual issue.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/05/18 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Things will evidently have to get worse before they ask the government to make the changes that will create a labor shortage, rather than a surplus.

The U.S. labor shortage is reaching a critical point

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/05/the-us-labor-shortage-is-reaching-a-critical-point.html

Quote:
The economy has "bumped against the proverbial labor wall," David Rosenberg, chief economist and strategist at Gluskin Sheff, said in his morning note Thursday.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: