Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 12/11/17 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All In Idea

pilight

PostPosted: 12/11/17 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Aces are trending on Twitter

PostPosted: 12/11/17 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Full house for the Aces opening night is what im hoping for !

PostPosted: 12/11/17 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Logo is hott ! Hopefully the jersey's turn out the same , still waiting on Nike to display so im pretty sure that's why were still clueless . The wings jersey better be 100 x's better and get rid of that damn highlighter jersey too !

Yeah, I really like that logo. Well done to the grapic designer(s).

PostPosted: 12/11/17 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/21742679/las-vegas-wnba-franchise-known-aces

PostPosted: 12/11/17 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The logo makes me feel like Las Vegas Diamonds may well have been in the running as another backup name at some stage.

PostPosted: 12/11/17 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hate it. Laughing

toad455

PostPosted: 12/11/17 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Aces. Would have preferred Pride or even if they kept Stars. Moreso, I think the ceremony was well done. Great advertising and selling tickets right there. I like how they're investing $10 million into the arena just for the Aces. That seems like a long term commitment and something the league should feel good about.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/12/17 2:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I like Aces. Would have preferred Pride or even if they kept Stars. Moreso, I think the ceremony was well done. Great advertising and selling tickets right there. I like how they're investing $10 million into the arena just for the Aces. That seems like a long term commitment and something the league should feel good about.

This x____
Its obvious off the bat these owners care about their product. I think they're going to put on a show unlike the W has ever seen before. Summer trip to vegas for my wings i will be booking ! Come onnn schedule already!

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 12/12/17 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 12/12/17 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

This x____
Its obvious off the bat these owners care about their product. I think they're going to put on a show unlike the W has ever seen before. Summer trip to vegas for my wings i will be booking ! Cone onnn schedule already!

We won't get a schedule until the New York situation is sorted out

PostPosted: 12/12/17 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd guess and say the Liberty deal gets done and announced by end of year. Schedule comes out by Feb. 1.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 12/12/17 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:
You guys seemed to have skipped over the other big story I brought to this thread last night. Hamby roughed up a player in the Italian league so bad that they brought her to the hospital.

I did watch the video. She basically pushed the player and the player fell and hit her head. I wouldn't call it "roughing up" as much as "unintended consequences." Still bad but what is there to say other than stupid of her?

I think that's a pretty generous interpretation of the video. Hamby chased after her and took a bit of a swing, and then once her opponent went down, stood over her and appeared to be continuing to scream things at her. Most of the damage appeared to be 'unlucky' (the result of the fall rather than the push/hit), but it was still a nasty sequence from Hamby. Good thing the other girl was released from hospital pretty quickly. Serious damage could've meant serious trouble for Hamby. Different countries have different rules about potential criminal prosecution for things like that.

I didn't mean to minimize her behavior - it was really bad. I just meant that she hadn't done it in a deliberate way to cause injury. Like I said, it was stupid of her to do any part of it and unhappy that the circumstances caused injury.

Tbh it looked to me like she hit her and that its wasnt only a push. She didnt want to injure her but to me it looked like she wanted to hurt her

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 12/12/17 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm leaning right now that if the Libs no longer exist, that this team is probably going to be my team. I like Laimbeer and all so it would be an easy transition for me in that sense, even though it would be a brutal transition in other ways. The time zone factor would be annoying but it is what it is.

PostPosted: 12/13/17 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like it. Shades did I hear correctly that Hamby got some kind of ban? Moral could be that any kind of violence or intimidation could have serious results.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 12/13/17 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So they named the team after Candace Parker's knickname...
Razz

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Shades

PostPosted: 12/13/17 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
I like it. Shades did I hear correctly that Hamby got some kind of ban? Moral could be that any kind of violence or intimidation could have serious results.

The Virtus Eirene Passalacqua on the disqualification of Dearica Hamby for the alleged fist to the rival

http://www.ragusaoggi.it/la-virtus-eirene-passalacqua-sulla-squalifica-dearica-hamby-presunto-fugno-alla-rivale/#7dZymk3ll274Q67h.99

Quote:
Press conference of Virtus Eirene Ragusa in the presence of President Davide Passalacqua and lawyer Enrico Cassì, to clarify the facts of Turin that led to the inhibition of the player Dearica Hamby.
Notwithstanding that every episode of unsporting remains to be censored and can not be justified, and that the relations between the two companies have been and will always be characterized by the highest loyalty and sportiness, however our Club has the duty to do everything possible because such unseemly facts are ascertained as to how they actually happened, in one way or another.

In this case, calm the waters and returned to headquarters, the company has called the player to have the necessary clarifications of a gesture that had appeared, until then *, * in all intolerable aspects.
The latter, however much regretted, has reiterated * "not to have hit in any way the Ticvic * (the trauma to the nape has depended on the impact on the parquet and never by a blow inflicted by the Hamby *) and to have however wrong to have instinctively tried to do it by reacting to one of his elbows "*. The same also has - equally categorically - denied having "kicked" the unfortunate athlete from Turin, once fallen to earth.
A few hours later we came into possession of a new video, which from a different angle seems to confirm dramatically the version of the facts that has been made to us by Hamby.
Since the media pillory that has been unleashed in recent days on all national press organs and unfortunately also on social media, has depended on a "video-shock" (to use the term that has been used by the media and social media) light of the most precise angle of the new film, had not reported with the necessary clarity the details actually happened, we feel obliged to make public such a clear film, refraining from any comment here. The above because at the moment we feel the duty to protect our athlete from likely misguided media exasperations, awaiting the final decisions of the sports judges to which we will refer, and which we will accept without reserve.

Trying to interpret the interpretation, looks like Hamby's team is taking the stance that it was provoked and wasn't as bad as it looked, and there's clearer video from another angle that shows it. I wonder if this other video is public somewhere.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 12/13/17 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh Boy and that was the translation, anyone translate the translation?

Randy

PostPosted: 12/13/17 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Perhaps there is someone on this board who can translate better than Google.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 12/13/17 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Alan Dershowitz on this forum?

stever

PostPosted: 12/13/17 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

3 month suspension:

http://www.artesianews.com/1531148/hamby-suspended-3-months-by-italian-league-for-incident.html

Nerd2

PostPosted: 12/13/17 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This post has the video in it. From that angle, the other player swung her elbow out towards Hamby's upper body and made contact. Hamby's response was to take a swing but the player's own swing seems to have done much of the momentum work to make her fall.

http://www.passalacquabasket.it/resoconto-conferenza-stampa-sui-fatti-di-torino/

The swing and standing over the player still warrants a suspension but more like a few games.

tfan

PostPosted: 12/13/17 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plum has gone from "our #1 draft pick" to "their #1 draft pick".

Randy

PostPosted: 12/13/17 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now I wonder if Hamby can just sign with a team in another league and forget about Italy?

Shades

PostPosted: 12/13/17 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The opposing player's move seemed typical for competitive basketball, but Hamby's was a deliberate hostile act. If the punch didn't connect, why would the player fall if people thought it was a flop. The player didn't see the punch coming since it was from behind. That would be a very dangerous fall to take in the hopes of getting a call, so I do say the punch connected, and it was a very hard swing.

I wish the different angle video was extended so you get the clearer view of the taunting. To me, it seemed like a quick move you do when you want to spit on somebody.

And the huge irony in all this that Hamby is the player that Taurasi clocked in the back of the neck (and should have gotten a longer suspension). Is Taurasi's bad behavior rubbing off on Hamby?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 10 of 30

Jump to: