RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Area 51. A landfill of bad news and celebrity deaths.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard 77

PostPosted: 12/05/17 6:10 pm    ::: Area 51. A landfill of bad news and celebrity deaths. Reply Reply with quote

How about some good news on Area 51 for a change?

My new book, In the Nicholas of Time has just been published. You can find it from the link below. It took a bit at the end to get it published, but things turned out fine. It is my fourth book in seven years. Though the story is purely fictional, some of the locations in the book (not all) are actual locations. Should you ever pass by this way sometime and have read the book, stop in for a quick snack or take in the view of our beautiful Commons Park. And don't forget to look me up as well. If you want...

It is currently available in two formats at Lulu and electronically on the Apple Bookstore. I am waiting for distribution of the epub to Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

A word of note, there is one sliver of bad news. The only mention of anything basketball related is in my bio. Oh, well...

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
HistoryWomensBasketball

PostPosted: 12/06/17 6:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richard,

Is this book #4 for you? Congratulations. I commend you for all it takes for each. I am being pushed for a follow-up to Barnstorming America, yet knowing the dedication and all it takes to get to a final product to market and realize it is because of the love of what you do and not any monetary gain, I tip my hat to you.

How are you marketing it? I have actually tried facebook ad campaign. Not overly expensive (you set time limits, $ amount and can target specific audience).

I cannot say I have broken even on it, however my audience reach has grown a bit and I hope people will keep it in the back of their minds.

again, Congrats to you

www.barnstormingamerica.net
Richard 77

PostPosted: 12/09/17 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HistoryWomensBasketball wrote:
Richard,

Is this book #4 for you? Congratulations. I commend you for all it takes for each. I am being pushed for a follow-up to Barnstorming America, yet knowing the dedication and all it takes to get to a final product to market and realize it is because of the love of what you do and not any monetary gain, I tip my hat to you.

How are you marketing it? I have actually tried facebook ad campaign. Not overly expensive (you set time limits, $ amount and can target specific audience).

I cannot say I have broken even on it, however my audience reach has grown a bit and I hope people will keep it in the back of their minds.

again, Congrats to you

Thank you John. It's actually 5 books. I published a prototype of my graduation class's memiors this April. The final version of that book will be produced for our 50th class reunion. As for marketing, I'm just using Facebook since it is mostly a local book, but I still haven't had any sales as of yet. It is a wonderful Christmas story.

A shame no one here might care about reading it.

The original post has been here three days. No one other congratulations.

No chuckles and anyone saying, "Oh, you got me!"

No commentary about how mad anyone was that they were misled by the topic header or there was no follow-up negative message.

How many views do you think this thread would have gotten if the header would have been positive in nature? How many congrats then?

Several months ago, there were attempts by a couple of members, telling me that I was a respected member of this community. Still think so? I don't. I have changed so much in these past 5 years, my outlook is brighter, my weight is still reasonable, my fitness improved, and my writing skills have grown exponentially. And my books get better in time! I'm looking forward to finishing my next book, "Saving Ava", and continuing on this wonderful path I'm taking. Yet I feel alone and abandoned, because I am not posting the kind of threads people want to click onto. It's as if no one wants to read about the postive things people are doing in their lives.

I hope that no one who reads this believes that I am trying to take anyone on a guilt trip. But I do hope that if I have reached at least one person through this post, I would like them to take a moment and take some reflection into the past 12 months and think about new ways to make 2018 into a brighter future.

My challenge to the memebrs of this board, is to once, every 2 months in 2018, find something positive and post it to Area 51 for discussion. I would also like an admin to take this up as well... I would like one admin to start a thread in January titled, "What I'm reading this year." (no year posted) and make it a sticky, so that it is always at the top of Area 51. Admin's discretion.

You'll try to have to believe me on this, but I am not angry with anyone here, just disheartened that Area 51 has become the way it has, though I still appreciate the celebrity in passing threads, because I don't always catch the more obscurer deaths and I can learn more about these artists through those posts.

I truly consider everyone here as more than friends but family. I will always care about everyone and pray for you every day. And I will always be grateful to be a part of this wonderful community. Peace out, and have a terrific Sunday for your weekend.

Richard77

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Randy

PostPosted: 12/10/17 6:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Writing a book is certainly an accomplishment which deserves recognition so it's a shame we failed to do so. In this case, perhaps a more straightforward title would have worked better "My new book - In the Nicholas of Time" or something like that. No matter what, keep in mind it would be hard to compete with a thread like "Woman Injured with Power Tool Sex Toy Encounter".

I browse A51 only when I'm kind of bored and there is nothing on the WNBA forum, though I do find a lot of the discussion here enlightening. The title of this one caught my eye a bit - but having only read the first few words before opening it, I thought maybe it had to do with the real A51 being turned into some kind of toxic landfill. (There are in fact claims the place is in fact loaded with toxic waste.) Very Happy

Anyway, good luck with your new book and congratulations. I found your bio interesting. My boyhood years seem to parallel yours.

Richard 77

PostPosted: 12/10/17 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Writing a book is certainly an accomplishment which deserves recognition so it's a shame we failed to do so. In this case, perhaps a more straightforward title would have worked better "My new book - In the Nicholas of Time" or something like that. No matter what, keep in mind it would be hard to compete with a thread like "Woman Injured with Power Tool Sex Toy Encounter".

I browse A51 only when I'm kind of bored and there is nothing on the WNBA forum, though I do find a lot of the discussion here enlightening. The title of this one caught my eye a bit - but having only read the first few words before opening it, I thought maybe it had to do with the real A51 being turned into some kind of toxic landfill. (There are in fact claims the place is in fact loaded with toxic waste.) Very Happy

Anyway, good luck with your new book and congratulations. I found your bio interesting. My boyhood years seem to parallel yours.

Thank you, Randy. I wanted to get back to you earlier to post this, but I had to have some down time and meditate for awhile. I really didn't want to post a negative headline for this thread, but with the state that this part of the message board is in, in my honest opinion, its sometimes the only way to get most people's attention here. And that makes me feel very sad. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: