Board Junkies Forums

2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 12/07/17 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
While I'm forever an advocate of 'just take the best damn player and figure the rest out later', especially at the top of a draft, aren't DeShields and Williams ultimately both 3s? Some 2, some 4, but mostly 3. So never mind that they'd be looking for minutes amongst Quigley, Copper, maybe Young, maybe Pondexter - would you really want to spend two consecutive lottery picks on players who'd be keeping each other off the floor? I bet that's really rare if you look back at the history of basketball teams with multiple high picks in the same draft.

that was a list of the top 4 I wasn't really saying it was my order (my mistake), I see Indy taking Deshields and Chicago taking Mitchell and Williams. That does over load Chicago on the perimeter but I wouldn't be too surprised if someone gets traded. But if you've got Sloot/Mitchell and Quigley/Pondexter at the 1 and 2 and Dolson up front I think G. Williams (and Copper) are a very strong compliment for those players at the SF spot where Chicago could really use some athleticism and defense and with enough shooter at the other spots to not be hurt by Williams lack of a 3 ball.

Now if Chicago wants an upgrade at the PF spot they could package a pick and a player to resolve that spot.

I would be all for the wings moving up so they could take Williams or Brown. Not a big need for a player like Billings In Dallas as I’m sure once again whoever they take isn’t going to be a starter over Paris, and if Liz does come back, a post player wouldn’t get many minutes.
myrtle

PostPosted: 12/08/17 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been watching Muldrow, WVU for my fantasy team. She's playing the 4, sometimes even the 5 there but can make threes at a goodly % and has good athleticism and movement. At 6'1" am thinking she might play the 3 in the W if she goes to the right team. Late 1st round/early 2nd.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/08/17 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
While I'm forever an advocate of 'just take the best damn player and figure the rest out later', especially at the top of a draft, aren't DeShields and Williams ultimately both 3s? Some 2, some 4, but mostly 3. So never mind that they'd be looking for minutes amongst Quigley, Copper, maybe Young, maybe Pondexter - would you really want to spend two consecutive lottery picks on players who'd be keeping each other off the floor? I bet that's really rare if you look back at the history of basketball teams with multiple high picks in the same draft.

that was a list of the top 4 I wasn't really saying it was my order (my mistake), I see Indy taking Deshields and Chicago taking Mitchell and Williams. That does over load Chicago on the perimeter but I wouldn't be too surprised if someone gets traded. But if you've got Sloot/Mitchell and Quigley/Pondexter at the 1 and 2 and Dolson up front I think G. Williams (and Copper) are a very strong compliment for those players at the SF spot where Chicago could really use some athleticism and defense and with enough shooter at the other spots to not be hurt by Williams lack of a 3 ball.

Now if Chicago wants an upgrade at the PF spot they could package a pick and a player to resolve that spot.

I would be all for the wings moving up so they could take Williams or Brown. Not a big need for a player like Billings In Dallas as I’m sure once again whoever they take isn’t going to be a starter over Paris, and if Liz does come back, a post player wouldn’t get many minutes.

If we draft a post & Liz shows up as expected its most likely Bre lewis or Shaqhator's walking papers . Paris's minutes will decrease also . Our biggest weaknes was pick and roll defense and has been for 2 straight seasons . This because we do not have enough big agile posts that can move their feet like a say "Monique Billings" or "Tierra Mccowan" . 1 of these 2 would be Ideal for our team combined with Camb*tch & Glory we could do alot of damage.

PostPosted: 12/08/17 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bump

PostPosted: 12/09/17 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I've been watching Muldrow, WVU for my fantasy team. She's playing the 4, sometimes even the 5 there but can make threes at a goodly % and has good athleticism and movement. At 6'1" am thinking she might play the 3 in the W if she goes to the right team. Late 1st round/early 2nd.

i watched her last week against Texas a&m, she is GOOD.

another one to start keeping an eye on, Loryn Goodwin.

vs. No. 12 Tennessee: 29-3-5-1
vs. No. 3 Mississippi State: 35-10-3-4
vs. No. 7 UCLA: 27-6-5-3

Shades

PostPosted: 12/09/17 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

She's bounced around nore than Hooper last year.

Started out at Temple High School.
Finished at Cypress Falls High School (is that one of those star-maker high schools?)
North Texas (2012-13) - Sun Belt Freshman of the Year. Second in nation among freshmen with 82 steals.
2013-2014 - Sat out to transfer (Too good for UNT?)
Butler (2014-15) - All-Big East honorable mention
2015-2016 - Sat out to transfer (missed home?)
UTSA (2016-2017) - Conference USA’s Newcomer of the Year. Also tabbed as a first-team all-conference pick and all-academic selection.
OK ST (2017-2018) - Grad school transfer... don't need to sit out.

She's 23 now, she'll be 24 before the draft.
Her cousin is Marquise Goodwin, plays WR for the San Francisco 49ers.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 12/09/17 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arrow

root_thing

PostPosted: 12/09/17 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Interesting, Goodwin is a 6th year senior who has been on four different teams. Shocked There must be an interesting story behind that. Too lazy to look it up right now. Smile Edit: I guess while I was typing, Shades looked it up.

I mentioned Muldrow a couple of times over the summer. I actually liked her better last season because she played more on the perimeter, so I was optimistic about her making the transition from 4 to 3. The one time I've seen her this season, she was playing 5 and almost exclusively hanging around under the basket. That scares me. They're turning her into Nia Coffey, which pumps up her college numbers but hurts her pro potential.

PostPosted: 12/09/17 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

She's bounced around nore than Hooper last year.

Started out at Temple High School.
Finished at Cypress Falls High School (is that one of those star-maker high schools?)
North Texas (2012-13) - Sun Belt Freshman of the Year. Second in nation among freshmen with 82 steals.
2013-2014 - Sat out to transfer (Too good for UNT?)
Butler (2014-15) - All-Big East honorable mention
2015-2016 - Sat out to transfer (missed home?)
UTSA (2016-2017) - Conference USA’s Newcomer of the Year. Also tabbed as a first-team all-conference pick and all-academic selection.
OK ST (2017-2018) - Grad school transfer... don't need to sit out.

She's 23 now, she'll be 24 before the draft.
Her cousin is Marquise Goodwin, plays WR for the San Francisco 49ers.

here's a video clip on twitter were she shares her journey
https://twitter.com/OSUWBB/status/930451570625355778

LibFan25

PostPosted: 12/09/17 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Interesting, Goodwin is a 6th year senior who has been on four different teams. Shocked There must be an interesting story behind that. Too lazy to look it up right now. Smile Edit: I guess while I was typing, Shades looked it up.

I mentioned Muldrow a couple of times over the summer. I actually liked her better last season because she played more on the perimeter, so I was optimistic about her making the transition from 4 to 3. The one time I've seen her this season, she was playing 5 and almost exclusively hanging around under the basket. That scares me.[b] They're turning her into Nia Coffey, which pumps up her college numbers but hurts her pro potential.

this was is my first watching Muldrow's game and i really like her. i gotta see more of her, the thing is WVU is missing one of their best players also due to injury Tynice Martin, the BIG 12 is gonna be a battle with Texas, Baylor, and Oklahoma st.

Randy

PostPosted: 12/09/17 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:

Victim of circumstance in her first two transfers and I guess going as a grad transfer was that she still had eligibility left. Seemed like a very bright and articulate person, think she will do well in life whether in basketball or elsewhere.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/09/17 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Outside the usual suspect Top 4 of Wilson, Mitchell, DeShields, and GWill....
At the moment, I have 8 first rounders with (in no particular order)

Russell
Nared
LBrown
Canada
Billings
Vivians
Nurse
And probably Vadeeva (especially if she shows a strong interest in playing right away)

People will be chirping about SThomas, Mavunga, Scaife, Greenwell, Atkins, and now Muldrow as having first round potential. Question is who are you dropping from the eight I have to make room for one or more of these chirpers?

Shades

PostPosted: 12/09/17 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:

Nice video that clears up a few things. People are going to wonder about 4 schools in 4 years. It also re-enrages me about the Shepard case with her not having to sit. Goodwin made the decision to transfer to Butler, and right before she's eligible to play for them, the coaching staff gets fired. She decides to give them a shot anyway and it turned out not to her liking, but she ends up having to sit again to transfer. Just not equitable.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 12/09/17 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw a tiered breakdown of the 2018 class that had 19 players in the top group. It could be a good year to have top-end second round picks (although some of the depth is going to depend on whether players decide to declare).

PostPosted: 12/11/17 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

Victim of circumstance in her first two transfers and I guess going as a grad transfer was that she still had eligibility left. Seemed like a very bright and articulate person, think she will do well in life whether in basketball or elsewhere.

+1

Shades

PostPosted: 12/11/17 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:

Check this out
http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=92891&start=12

awhom111

PostPosted: 12/11/17 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess it's 2019, but Li Yueru is suddenly becoming the mystery prospect of the year. I guess we will be watching her closely at the World Championship. I think by the time that draft rolls around, we will probably have know more about Melisa Brcaninovic, who is the current mystery prospect of that year.

Back to 2018, I wonder if anyone will take a player who left college a while ago since we have DeShields leaving a year before the draft. Laura Quevedo was a Spanish Olympian after all.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 12/11/17 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
I guess it's 2019, but Li Yueru is suddenly becoming the mystery prospect of the year. I guess we will be watching her closely at the World Championship.

If I've seen her play I don't remember it, but it's reminiscent of Vadeeva with the way China have thrown her right in to their full national team at a very young age and she's piled up numbers as the leading scorer/rebounder. It'd be great to see players like her and Ji Su Park in the WNBA, but I'm still not expecting them to go that high in the draft. There's just no history of seeing those kinds of players show up in the US, certainly not on a consistent year-by-year basis. For similar reasons I'm still not convinced that we'll see Vadeeva until mid-2nd round, either.

Quevedo might go at some point, like Tchatchouang did, but I don't see anyone being too eager there.

PostPosted: 12/12/17 12:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
For similar reasons I'm still not convinced that we'll see Vadeeva until mid-2nd round, either.

That's curious. I thought maybe you had something to do with the current Vadeeva hysteria. Voepel was talking like she was a possible lottery pick, and now draftsite.com has her as the #2 pick. Where's this coming from?

Here she is from a game in November, playing with McCoughtry and Nneka O.(Good Sparks pick?)
<iframe width="340" height="191" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S8vm7N1-CII" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Randy

PostPosted: 12/12/17 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's team mate with Angel and Prince. Maybe if she is still around at 16 Dream should draft her. (Assuming NY doesn't pick her up in the first round.)

Shades

PostPosted: 12/12/17 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
She's team mate with Angel and Prince. Maybe if she is still around at 16 Dream should draft her. (Assuming NY doesn't pick her up in the first round.)

You forgot about Nneka, right after I just told you..

Even if Vadeeva were to go that low, I'm not sure Sienko & Colleen are the team to lure her over. Maybe Angel could lure her over with some ice cream.

The Sparks seem like the most likely landing place (if Thibault isn't interested)
1. Agler is enthusiastic about foreign players.
2. Agler is enthusiastic about rookies who already have pro experience.
3. She currently plays with Nneka, who could act as a concierge.
4. The Sparks don't really have any pressing needs.

Would Putin be a factor? Does he want or care if Vadeeva comes to America? He seems to muddle in everything.

Randy

PostPosted: 12/12/17 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agler loves foreign players - they make great cheerleaders from his bench. Putin would never go for the best prospect in Russia sitting on the bench in LA. You might be onto something with Angel's ice cream.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 12/12/17 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I keep hearing about Angels ice cream and I must admit I really want to try some.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/12/17 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
I keep hearing about Angels ice cream and I must admit I really want to try some.

It's within walking distance of Philips Arena

PostPosted: 12/13/17 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The sky could gamble and take Vadeeva in the lottery, richyyy did point out that Diamond and Gabby are both pretty much small forwards, and they already have Cooper, maybe they take one and not the other.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 30 of 93

Jump to: