RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Undefeateds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BallState1984

PostPosted: 12/05/17 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really thought Ball State would be 0-6 after Sallee's ego cost them their last three games last season and losing Bennett to graduation and the Spaniards. Maybe he has learned to step back.

PostPosted: 12/06/17 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kansas joins the defeated

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
IM in OC

PostPosted: 12/06/17 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kailapea wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
The USC record reminds me of when Colorado did the same thing OOC and then got their butts handed to them in conference Laughing

That happened to SC a couple years ago, as well and is a true possibility of occurring again. I don't know why SC seems to almost always schedule a fairly easy preseason. So far they have not played a ranked opponent. Right now they have 2 weeks rest before they face Texas A&M, who will be their toughest opponent to date.

To be fair, to the current USC coach, Mark Trakh, very good chance that most, if not all, of the current schedule was made by CCD and not Trakh.

USC plays 6 players who contribute points rebounds assists, etc. They play 3 others nominal minutes to give others a rest, The team has responded well to Trakh. I dont see them beating UCLA, UO or OSU, well maybe OSU one game. I can see them beating, or losing any of the other Pac12 teams, As of today 3 Pac12 teams are in tournament, and question marks on any other team.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 12/06/17 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:
Kailapea wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
The USC record reminds me of when Colorado did the same thing OOC and then got their butts handed to them in conference Laughing

That happened to SC a couple years ago, as well and is a true possibility of occurring again. I don't know why SC seems to almost always schedule a fairly easy preseason. So far they have not played a ranked opponent. Right now they have 2 weeks rest before they face Texas A&M, who will be their toughest opponent to date.

To be fair, to the current USC coach, Mark Trakh, very good chance that most, if not all, of the current schedule was made by CCD and not Trakh.

USC plays 6 players who contribute points rebounds assists, etc. They play 3 others nominal minutes to give others a rest, The team has responded well to Trakh. I dont see them beating UCLA, UO or OSU, well maybe OSU one game. I can see them beating, or losing any of the other Pac12 teams, As of today 3 Pac12 teams are in tournament, and question marks on any other team.

Any chance we can distinguish between the two teams who both go by "USC". Growing up in LA, 5 miles from one of them, there is only one true USC (Fight on Trojans!). But some in the southeast might beg to differ. But, can we ALL agree that the school in SOUTH Carolina is not called "Carolina" by anybody? (except some ignorant broadcasters). I'm a Duke fan in Durham NC, but there is only one school called Carolina and it's 8 miles down Tobacco Road from here.

Getting back to "USC" I suggest one is USC and the other is U of S.Carolina.

~rAf
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/06/17 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Any chance we can distinguish between the two teams who both go by "USC". Growing up in LA, 5 miles from one of them, there is only one true USC (Fight on Trojans!). But some in the southeast might beg to differ. But, can we ALL agree that the school in SOUTH Carolina is not called "Carolina" by anybody? (except some ignorant broadcasters). I'm a Duke fan in Durham NC, but there is only one school called Carolina and it's 8 miles down Tobacco Road from here.

Thank God you said this, because this drives me crazy. SCar works for me as an abbreviation for the SEC school.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/06/17 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:

Thank God you said this, because this drives me crazy. SCar works for me as an abbreviation for the SEC school.

Yeah, that's what I use too.

The one in LA is USC, or frequently just SC when communicating with USC fans or alums.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 12/07/17 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
IM in OC wrote:
Kailapea wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Me too, Scar works for me too.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/08/17 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
IM in OC wrote:
Kailapea wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
The USC record reminds me of when Colorado did the same thing OOC and then got their butts handed to them in conference :lol:

ESPN reduces all college teams to 4 letters or less which sometimes creates a good guessing games for the smallest and newest of the DI BBall teams. They use USC for Southern California and SC for South Carolina. Kind of surprising that USC stayed undefeated longer than SC.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 12/08/17 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
IM in OC wrote:
Kailapea wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

ESPN reduces all college teams to 4 letters or less which sometimes creates a good guessing games for the smallest and newest of the DI BBall teams. They use USC for Southern California and SC for South Carolina. Kind of surprising that USC stayed undefeated longer than SC.

Not really if you look at the differences in OOC SOS.

USC's OOC SOS is 98th (Massey) and 204th (Sagarin).

SC's SOS is 3rd (Massey) and 35th (Sagarin).

SC lost to #2 Notre Dame, whereas USC's highest ranked opponent is #53 Purdue.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 12/09/17 3:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Back in the "Usenet Newsgroup" days, some on the rec.sports.football.college used this convention:

USC was South Carolina. U$C was Southern Cal. FSU was Fresno St. F$U was Florida State.

And of course, if you were talking about that state school in Ohio, it was tOSU, for THE Ohio State University... Wink

calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/09/17 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least two undefeateds will go down tomorrow. Texas plays Tennessee and Navy plays New Mexico.

The two other potential upsets are Villanova travelling across town to take on Temple and Arizona St is playing at Florida St. Should be an interesting day.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/09/17 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
At least two undefeateds will go down tomorrow. Texas plays Tennessee and Navy plays New Mexico.

The two other potential upsets are Villanova travelling across town to take on Temple and Arizona St is playing at Florida St. Should be an interesting day.

Also, Oakland City plays at Ball St
Little Rock at Mississippi St

calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/11/17 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Texas and Navy fall to drop the Undefeated left to 12. Best chances to drop this number this week are Mississippi St(Oregon), USC(Texas A&M) and New Mexico(@Oklahoma).

Shades

PostPosted: 12/16/17 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TAMU needed 46 pts from Chennedy Carter to knock off USC 75-74.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/16/17 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oklahoma takes down New Mexico 105-63.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/17/17 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Oklahoma takes down New Mexico 105-63.

YIKES!

PostPosted: 12/17/17 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another one bites the dust. Texas beats Florida St to cut the undefeateds to single digits. Mow we'll see if Louisville can get by Kentucky.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/17/17 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Central Florida takes down UC Davis 62-55.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/21/17 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mississippi St knocks off Syracuse 76-65

Shades

PostPosted: 12/28/17 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Villanova lost to Creighton 69-54

calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/29/17 1:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

West Virginia looks like it will be the next to fall, with a game coming up at Texas. Tennessee also has to travel to Kentucky and Louisville is at NC St so Sunday should be very interesting.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/29/17 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
West Virginia looks like it will be the next to fall, with a game coming up at Texas. Tennessee also has to travel to Kentucky and Louisville is at NC St so Sunday should be very interesting.

Kentucky just doesn't look like it has the previous couple of years. The loss of Makayla Epps is bigger than it looks.

PostPosted: 12/29/17 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

Kentucky just doesn't look like it has the previous couple of years. The loss of Makayla Epps is bigger than it looks.

Shaqator

calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/30/17 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:

And I entirely skipped ove Central Michigan at Ball St. Silly me.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/31/17 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WBU gets knocked out of the undefeated ranks by Texas.

Only 4 teams to bring in the new year as undefeated:
Connecticut, Louisville, Mississippi St, and Tennessee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: