RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

How Many Points Will Kelsey Mitchell Score in Her Career?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Final Career Points for Kelsey Mitchell
<3000
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
3000-3283
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
3284-3393
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
3394-3527
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
3528-3649
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
3650-3667
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
3668+
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

Shades

PostPosted: 11/26/17 1:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was game #8, right? I figured OSU would be playing 35 games this season. So I take 35-8 and read down the chart and she still needs 27.9 ppg to break Plum's record? Confused

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 11/27/17 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
SDHoops

PostPosted: 11/26/17 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
That was game #8, right? I figured OSU would be playing 35 games this season. So I take 35-8 and read down the chart and she still needs 27.9 ppm to break Plum's record? Confused

Lol you don't think OSU will get past the second round? This isn't Jim Foster coaching, hello!

awhom111

PostPosted: 11/26/17 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
That was game #8, right? I figured OSU would be playing 35 games this season. So I take 35-8 and read down the chart and she still needs 27.9 ppm to break Plum's record? Confused

Yes, for now, the maximum number of games is 40, although realistically that should be 39 because it would be unusual for Ohio State to be that bad in conference.

Assuming making it to the B1G final, 35 games would mean a loss in the second round as SDHoops mentioned.
Shades

PostPosted: 11/27/17 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Shades wrote:

Lol you don't think OSU will get past the second round? This isn't Jim Foster coaching, hello!

Like I said in an earlier post, she's averaged 35 games a season under McGuff, so that would be an astute estimate. It's looking good for OSU so far this year, but I'm not ready to assume they'll play more than 35 games.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/27/17 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Awhom, since it looks like you're going to post a chart for every game, could I request a few little extras with each post?

Game# (like you started out doing), pts in that game, career total pts

bucks4now

PostPosted: 11/27/17 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Awhom, since it looks like you're going to post a chart for every game, could I request a few little extras with each post?

snd maybe people she's passing. I know she is closing in on Jantel Lavender.

awhom111

PostPosted: 11/27/17 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Here is the whole file with all the guts:

The right-most number on the first row is her current career total.

The next row is the number of points need to either reach 3000 or surpass the total of the player listed. The third row is the number of points total for that mark. The last column is where I am entering her game by game totals.
awhom111

PostPosted: 11/30/17 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All I do these days is make sure the pro leagues that our alums have played in are correctly listed in the media guide so I get no blame or credit for how many points she did or did not score:

awhom111

PostPosted: 12/03/17 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crossed 2800, but dropped the average:
awhom111

PostPosted: 12/06/17 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Moving in the right direction again:
bballjunkie

PostPosted: 12/07/17 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agree with Glenn again and Will, probably better to leave Pistol out of this. Anyone watch last nights game? It struck me when Mitchell went down, acting like she was hurt, then suddenly after her team finished defending she got up and zipped down to the basket. Didn’t someone else on this board point that out about her 👀

For me, the sad thing is, that nothing is being done about her weaknesses. She doesn’t play defense, in fact she rests on defense. The whole team and I use that word loosely, looks for their own, when they touch the ball that is, which is not often as it is usually in Mitchell’s hands.

Such records become just meaningless in terms of how players will perform at the next level as all they show is stats being racked up in a non team environment.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 12/07/17 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Agree with Glenn again and Will, probably better to leave Pistol out of this. Anyone watch last nights game? It struck me when Mitchell went down, acting like she was hurt, then suddenly after her team finished defending she got up and zipped down to the basket. Didn’t someone else on this board point that out about her 👀

For me, the sad thing is, that nothing is being done about her weaknesses. She doesn’t play defense, in fact she rests on defense. The whole team and I use that word loosely, looks for their own, when they touch the ball that is, which is not often as it is usually in Mitchell’s hands.

Such records become just meaningless in terms of how players will perform at the next level as all they show is stats being racked up in a non team environment.
i

I believe someone posted a picture of Mitchell crumpled to the floor during the Duke game coincidentally while Duke had the ball. It was remarked that this is a serial occurrence with her.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 12/07/17 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep same ole same ole.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/07/17 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sure hasn't hurt Tiffany Hayes' career any.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 12/07/17 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wait a sec, that is the strangest post. You mean Hayes who plays defense and is a great hustle to player! Bad comparison.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/07/17 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Wait a sec, that is the strangest post. You mean Hayes who plays defense and is a great hustle to player! Bad comparison.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Whoooooooooooooooooooooo ! Tiffany TIP over & Break a leg hayes ?

PostPosted: 12/07/17 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah but it s hard to compare someone to another when every other facet of their game is different 😂

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/07/17 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Yeah but it s hard to compare someone to another when every other facet of their game is different 😂

Actually having watched Tiffany Hayes at UConn for her entire career, the comparison is remarkably similar except for the fact that Mitchell is more consistent offensively.

Just because you don't like Mitchell doesn't mean that she can't ball.

Did you ever hear of the three second rule Geno implemented for Hayes?

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 12/07/17 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure of your point. Are you saying I don’t like her as a person, Do you think I do not like her hair, the way she treats people? Last time I checked my comments were about basketball. Like is also a strange word to use. Do I think she is a well balanced basket ball player - NO, not at all. Do Ithink she would be breaking records in a program that played team basket- NO. Nothing to do with whether I like her or not.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/07/17 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Not sure of your point. Are you saying I don’t like her as a person, Do you think I do not like her hair, the way she treats people? Last time I checked my comments were about basketball. Like is also a strange word to use. Do I think she is a well balanced basket ball player - NO, not at all. Do Ithink she would be breaking records in a program that played team basket- NO. Nothing to do with whether I like her or not.

Is the current record holder or previous one known for team basketball? Kinda goes with the territory of this record.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 12/07/17 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agreed

It’ s A choice. What do you want, to improve all aspects of your game or go to a program where you won’t be challenged as much but you have a chance to break a record. It’s my personal opinion on preferring the former which is why I don’t particularly think much of this type of record.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 12/08/17 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, when it was Plum, she could walk on water, breaking the record was the best thing ever. Now that a sista could do it, it's a selfish thing, it's hurting the team, etc...at least be consistent and subtle about your double standards..

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 12/08/17 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not for me. I thought exactly the same as I do now. In fact the games I watched with WA they never played anything but zone and they sat Plum in the corner to rest on defense.

awhom111

PostPosted: 12/15/17 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Back to just the numbers:

I added a cell for her current season average.
bucks4now

PostPosted: 12/15/17 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She is now 57 points to break the Big Ten Record, while she passed Janet Lavender last week to become the OSU career leader.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: