RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Al Franken
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/21/17 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Really, Franken should resign?

Get a grip on reality. There is no comparison between fuckers like Moore, Trump, Spacey, and Weinstein, to Franken.

And fuck the Democrats if they cave here.

Totally agree. There's no comparison with Franken to any of these other guys you mentioned. The other guys have allegations whereas Franken's accusers have photographic evidence.

I agree with your other point too. Don't cave. Stay in there! In fact, he should not only stay on as senator, but he should run for re-election too. It would be the gift that keeps on giving!

Are you Sarah Huckleberry Sanders? You're similarly deceitful and make as much sense.

PostPosted: 11/22/17 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

a little more about Leeann Tweedem. seems she was pushing the Breitbart & Hannity attack against Shirley Sherrod, remember her?

one word to the dems: GROW A SPINE & STOP KNEE-JERK CAVING!

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/20/1716849/-I-Unapologetically-Stand-With-Senator-Franken-Do-NOT-Believe-Either-Accuser

PostPosted: 11/22/17 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They're a lot more believable than the idiot who accused the President of lifting up the armrest on the plane and "octopussing" her.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/22/17 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Get a grip on reality. There is no comparison between fuckers like Moore, Trump, Spacey, and Weinstein, to Franken.

Totally agree. There's no comparison with Franken to any of these other guys you mentioned. The other guys have allegations whereas Franken's accusers have photographic evidence.

I agree with your other point too. Don't cave. Stay in there! In fact, he should not only stay on as senator, but he should run for re-election too. It would be the gift that keeps on giving!

Are you Sarah Huckleberry Sanders? You're similarly deceitful and make as much sense.

Isn't MAGA-Land a fascinating place?

justintyme

PostPosted: 11/22/17 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Isn't MAGA-Land a fascinating place?

It's like Mirror World Disneyland.

Wait...is that what happened? Are we actually the Mirror World? Is Kirk going to have a transporter malfunction and show up....here?

Makes sense now. Look out for Evil Spock with the magnificent facial hair.

PostPosted: 11/22/17 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Wait...is that what happened? Are we actually the Mirror World? Is Kirk going to have a transporter malfunction and show up....here?

Yeah, it happened sometime after the Reagan administration. In the 80's it was the liberals saying "Why can't we just get along with the Russians?" and the conservatives saying "It's not that simple." Now it's the other way around.

PostPosted: 11/22/17 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No. I actually WANT Franken to stay on and run for re-election. That way, when he loses, it will be another lost seat for the fringe left in the U.S. Senate. I figured some of you would have been bright enough to make that connection. I guess not!

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 11/22/17 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
a little more about Leeann Tweedem. seems she was pushing the Breitbart & Hannity attack against Shirley Sherrod, remember her?

one word to the dems: GROW A SPINE & STOP KNEE-JERK CAVING!

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/20/1716849/-I-Unapologetically-Stand-With-Senator-Franken-Do-NOT-Believe-Either-Accuser

There are two websites that I just don't understand on an even mechanical basis. One is Breitbart and long before Breitbart there was and is the Daily Kos. I seriously don't know how this thing works when a person who writes the following actually is published and widely read.

Good lord, lets use our brains here! I have BEEN on the receiving end of a hashtag witch-hunt and had my life completely destroyed because of it—a life I never got back

I DO NOT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT LEEANN TWEEDEN MUCH LESS THE RANDOM WOMAN.

There is the whitish woman who has spent her life making the world an uglier place for black and multiracial peoples The whitish women

Hannity.... his favorite tactic is so redundant as to be predictable: he throws out race-bait, sits back with his 2-inch erection and enjoys the white hysteria he created.

Shocked

In reverse order.

Yeah, the two-incher. I kind of checked out long before this but... this was too good and typical of what has become of far left discourse.

Tweeden is half Filipino and thus multi-racial.

The Random Woman? Sounds like someone in the Zapruder Film.

And I say this as someone who ultimately hopes Al Franken survives this only because there doesn't seem to be any evidence proving the French kiss and yet it has been proven that Tweeden is a political partisan.

But there is NO hope for this country when you have this kind of shit passing as discourse. It's depressing.

justintyme

PostPosted: 11/22/17 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/al-franken-two-more-women-groping_us_5a15a455e4b09650540ec295

Yep. He needs to go. The pattern is there.

PostPosted: 11/22/17 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sweet Jesus.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 11/27/17 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

“I don’t remember these photographs, I don’t,” he said. “This is not something I would intentionally do.”

Also, "Those are incidences that I don't remember."

All of this is from his most recent statements. So there are multiple women, some from his own party, women who identify themselves as feminists, with the same story, that of having their butt cheeks grabbed during the taking of photographs. And those women either contemporaneously described the experience to friends or, as the Huff Post article puts it, have been telling the stories for years.

This is, in essence, why Franken, very sadly, has to go. Because he claims to not remember. Not remember grabbing the buttocks of young attractive women. So it's not, at this point, IMO, justifiable to maintain that these women aren't telling the truth. They don't know each other, they are coming from different places ideologically. So the question is then, is it believable that Franken doesn't recall grabbing their asses? I would suggest that, speaking as a man, that it is not believable. If I had, uninvited et al, grabbed just one young women's ass in the last oh, I don't know, 60 years, I would remember.

If I made a habit of it? Oh, that would be a very different memory altogether. It would be, as any honest not-virtue signalling male might admit, My Special Little Treat. As I'm sure it was for Al Franken. And yeah, I might not remember every one of them, because there were so many, but I would remember the behavior. Very well. Because, as I said, it would be My Special Little Treat. So Al's claiming that he does't recall grabbing these women's asses? It just doesn't have that ring of truth.

And here is the worst part. Remember Trump's Access Hollywood open mic debacle. You grab 'em by the pussy. They let you do it! Because you're a celebrity. Something like that. Well, I'm sorry, that's exactly what Senator Al Franken was thinking. I'm fucking doing it! Not a problem I guess.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 12/01/17 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
justintyme wrote:

Yeah, it happened sometime after the Reagan administration. In the 80's it was the liberals saying "Why can't we just get along with the Russians?" and the conservatives saying "It's not that simple." Now it's the other way around.

Yeah. Sorta like Republicans are the Party of Lincoln and the Democrats voted against Civil Rights legislation. Nothing at all has changed along the way to now. Razz

PostPosted: 12/06/17 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Report: Franken to resign
Quote:
Democrat Al Franken will resign from the U.S. Senate on Thursday, Minnesota Public Radio reported, after more than half of his Senate Democratic colleagues urged him to do so in light of sexual misconduct accusations.

Franken's office said in an email that no final decision had been made and that the senator was still discussing the issue with his family.

After the accusations began surfacing three weeks ago, Franken had said he would remain in office and work to regain the trust of voters in Minnesota, the state he represents.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrat-franken-to-resign-from-us-senate-radio-report/ar-BBGjuIt

PostPosted: 12/07/17 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lol. Will the Dems ever learn that being the party of conscience, by forcing the resignation of Franken while the Scumpublicans fully endorse the pussy grabber in the White House and the predator/anti-constitutionalist extremist Senate candidate Moore, et al, will never win an election or policy battle?

The power elite and their racist, nazi, and generally dupedplorable white lackeys win again.

PostPosted: 12/07/17 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What are the chances of Gov. Dayton replacing him with Keith Ellison?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/07/17 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
What are the chances of Gov. Dayton replacing him with Keith Ellison?

Slim to none.

I have read that it is likely to be Lt. Gov. Tina Smith.

justintyme

PostPosted: 12/07/17 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
The power elite and their racist, nazi, and generally dupedplorable white lackeys win again.

On the other hand it is able to defuse all that annoying "whataboutisms" that come up every time the GOP does something reprehensible (like supporting a child molester). When Trump was accused it was all about Bill Clinton, and that has been their go to move for years.

Even now every time Moore comes up they're bringing up Franken and Conyers with a "tu quoque" fallacy (an appeal to hypocrisy) as if other people's reprehensible behavior makes it acceptable to act reprehensibly.

PostPosted: 12/07/17 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Lol. Will the Dems ever learn that being the party of conscience, by forcing the resignation of Franken while the Scumpublicans fully endorse the pussy grabber in the White House and the predator/anti-constitutionalist extremist Senate candidate Moore, et al, will never win an election or policy battle?

It's got nothing to do with "conscience" and everything to do with politics so they can continue to attack Moore and Trump.

If not for Moore, Conyers and Franken would still be employed.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/07/17 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reading through comments on the stories from the Times, Kirsten Gillenbrand is being targeted with a lot of hate today.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/07/17 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was hoping Franken would resist this McCarthyite, ancient history, often anonymously sourced, no due process, trial by newspaper/social media, lynch mob-ism that's gone over the top.
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 12/07/17 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nah, this is good. (The rest of this message has been deleted. Because it's that bad.)

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/07/17 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I was hoping Franken would resist this McCarthyite, ancient history, often anonymously sourced, no due process, trial by newspaper/social media, lynch mob-ism that's gone over the top.

That's not what it is. They're not unfairly assuming his guilt. It doesn't matter whether He's guilty or not. It's simply a matter of " you have to resign so you don't get thrown in our faces when we criticize Moore and Trump and the Republicans." He's sacrificing himself. It's unadulterated politics.

tfan

PostPosted: 12/08/17 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Democrats saw Franken as a liability

Quote:
Feinstein said Trump’s comments about women on the Access Hollywood tape “really brought it to the fore.”

“To hear a man say those things and become president of the United States and all of his accusers are kind of banished to nowhere almost subconsciously in women has had a big effect,” she added.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 12/08/17 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Franken said that he is "going to" resign. That means it may not happen until sometime next year, if at all.

justintyme

PostPosted: 12/08/17 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Franken said that he is "going to" resign. That means it may not happen until sometime next year, if at all.

It means he is going through the process and getting things in order, while giving Dayton time to pick his replacement and have her ready to go.

Once everything is ready to go he will officially stand down. This is not abnormal.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: