RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

SC white cop 'fearing for his life' kills black man
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justintyme

PostPosted: 04/09/15 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mis-steps in judgement...

PostPosted: 04/09/15 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Mis-steps in judgement...

actually, he had about 8 mis-steps in judgement. are those people for real with a fund to support a cold-blooded murderer? smh

sambista

PostPosted: 04/09/15 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the indiegogo page says slager "served for more than five years with the department without being disciplined." that's a clever way to put in. but a complaint against him was filed in 2013:

the associated press wrote:
In an exclusive interview with The Associated Press, Mario Givens recounted Wednesday how he was awakened before dawn one morning by loud banging on the front door of his family's North Charleston home.

On the porch was Patrolman Michael Thomas Slager, the officer now charged in the shooting death of Walter Lamer Scott, which was captured in dramatic cellphone footage by a bystander Saturday.

Givens, who was clad only in a T-shirt and boxer shorts, cracked open his door and asked what the officer wanted.

"He said he wanted to come in but didn't say why," said Givens, now 33. "He never said who he was looking for."

Then, without warning, Slager pushed in the door, he said.

"Come outside or I'll tase you," he quoted the officer as saying, adding: "I didn't want that to happen to me, so I raised my arms over my head, and when I did, he tased me in my stomach anyway."

Givens said the pain from the stun gun was so intense that he dropped to the floor and began calling for his mother, who also was in the home. At that point, he said another police officer came into the house and they dragged him outside and threw him to the ground. He was handcuffed and put in a squad car.

----

It turned out that Givens' arrest was a case of mistaken identity. Officers had been looking for his brother, Matthew Givens, whose ex-girlfriend had reported that he came into her bedroom uninvited, then left when she screamed and called 911.

----

She had provided the officers with a detailed description of her ex-boyfriend, Matthew Givens, who is about 5 feet, 5 inches tall. Mario Givens stands well over 6 feet.

nola.com

mario givens was never interviewed during the internal investigation, and the complaint was closed without any notice to givens. the bs is piling up.

meanwhile, crowdfunding site gofundme has rejected a slager campaign, saying it doesn't allow campaigns in defense of formal charges of heinous crimes, including violent, hateful, or sexual acts.

PostPosted: 04/09/15 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
meanwhile, crowdfunding site gofundme has rejected a slager campaign, saying it doesn't allow campaigns in defense of formal charges of heinous crimes, including violent, hateful, or sexual acts.

Indiegogo did manage to take down a satirical campaign that someone created asking people to crowdfund a "prison-style gang rape of Officer Slager".

So I guess the site does have some standards...

PostPosted: 04/09/15 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Onion weighs in:
Nation Hopeful There Will Be Equally Random Chance Of Justice For Future Victims Of Police Abuse
Quote:
The nation added that they were also hopeful the situation would change the behavior of police officers by making them look around to see if anyone was filming them before they moved from excessive to lethal force.

DOJ Announces Initiative To Deploy Smartphone-Carrying Bystanders To Nations Streets
Quote:
Holder then reminded Americans to be thankful for the service provided by the nations ranks of bystanders, saying that, in much of the country, the individuals holding up digital recording devices are the only ones maintaining the line between order and chaos.

PostPosted: 04/10/15 3:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista

PostPosted: 04/10/15 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

does any law enforcement agency do psych evals on officer candidates?!

Quote:
The San Bernardino County Sheriff ordered an internal investigation Thursday into an arrest caught on NBC Los Angeles' NewsChopper4 video that showed deputies beating a suspect when they caught up to him following a wild desert chase on horseback.

Aerial footage showed the man falling off the horse he was suspected of stealing during the pursuit in San Bernardino County Thursday afternoon.

He then appeared to be stunned with a Taser by a sheriff's deputy and fall to the ground with his arms outstretched. Two deputies immediately descended on him and began punching him in the head and kneeing him in the groin, according to the footage.

The group surrounding the man grew to 11 sheriff's deputies.

In the two minutes after the man was stunned with a Taser, it appeared deputies kicked him 17 times, punched him 37 times and struck him with batons four times. Thirteen blows appeared to be to the head.

nbclosangeles.com

PostPosted: 04/10/15 7:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

guess they missed those helicopters above capturing all the goings on. smh. i didn't think there'd be a cop left in america that hadn't seen the fallout from ferguson, staten island and north carolina. seriously? have they not been briefed about excessive force?

the cops have got to start policing themselves and getting rid of these bad apples, otherwise there will never be any sort of trust re-established.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/10/15 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

our "finest" doing their thing....

PostPosted: 04/11/15 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 04/11/15 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tragic. Those images really bring it home.

PostPosted: 04/13/15 7:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/apr/12/walter-scott-shooting-officer-michael-slager-audio-recording

Quote:
By the time you get home, it would probably be a good idea to kind of jot down your thoughts on what happened, the senior officer said. You know, once the adrenaline quits pumping.

Its pumping, Slager said, laughing.

PostPosted: 04/13/15 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Critics call for 2nd officer to be prosecuted in Carolina shooting

Quote:
But the officers critics questioned his account and said
video indicates that Habersham did little to aid Scott.

They also question whether Habersham omitted significant information from
his report - for instance, that Slager dropped an item, possibly his
Taser stun gun - near Scott after the shooting.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/07/17 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-cop Michael Slager sentenced to 20 years for shooting death of Walter Scott

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cop-michael-slager-faces-19-24-years-prison/story?id=51595376

Quote:
U.S. District Judge David Norton made the ruling after saying he would follow sentencing guidelines to send Slager to prison for 19 to 24 years.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: