RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Ranking 2018’s WNBA restricted free agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 12/07/17 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sounds like there will be a lot of moving parts this year. Thanks for all the effort in giving us this, can't wait for some chips to fall, Vegas style Cool

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/07/17 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
I wonder how attached Vaughn is to playing in hometown NY. She would be a great asset in Vegas. How does she and Bill get along?

BYE!! We'll happily take Swords back on the Liberty!!

I've never been a great Vaughn supporter but she would definitely be a nice anchor for all the other rifraff the Stars have inside.

And I would like to see Swords back with the Lib as well. She and Stokes would provide nice complementary, but very different, skills to Tina.

- Amanda Gorman
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 12/08/17 3:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
For NY I like Swords or Kizer, I would also look at Stricklen or Christmas-Kelly. Adding two of those UFA with out losing any assets could be a great help. I would also look at bringing back both L. Allen and Hartley, but I only see one getting the call unless we trade Rodgers, Prince or the 1st round pick. I would offer Rodgers and the #10 pick for Sims, but I think LA gives her the max and keeps her (Gray and Sims are a perfect combo for LA).

SO

Hartley/Boyd
Prince/Rodgers
Zellous/Stricklen or Christmas-Kelly
Charles/Raincock-Ekunwe
Stokes/Swords or Kizer

It doesn't add the second star we need but the depth of decent talent and experience around Charles could push us to that contender status

and pick two of
R. Allen, Zahui B, L. Allen, and #10 and #22
to fill out the roster

I have to say the same thing year after year. I never believed that our team was a genuine championship contender in any of the last three seasons. And, sadly, they proved me right in the playoffs each year. Similarly, I don't see the roster you've posted above as anywhere near "contender status." At best, "depth of decent talent and experience around Charles" leads to a good team. Not, in my view, to "contender status."

PostPosted: 12/20/17 5:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the team, if we have one, to take a step forward, the Prince/Rodgers combo in the backcourt isn't going to cut it. The best bet for doing that is to trade Rodgers and hope that you can manage the rest of your assets in such a way as to upgrade other need areas.

Hopefully we have a team though.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: