RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Michigan St @ Notre Dame - 12/06/17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 12/05/17 10:55 pm    ::: Michigan St @ Notre Dame - 12/06/17 Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame, IN - 7:00 PM ET
TV: None

Video:
http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3197446/michigan-state-vs-6-notre-dame-w-basketball (tvp)

Audio:
http://www.pulsefm.com/listen-live

Live stats:
http://www.und.com/gametracker/launch/?event=1568130&school=nd&sport=wbaskbl&

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 12/06/17 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 12/06/17 1:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Irish Return Home to Host MSU on Wednesday

http://www.und.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/120517aaa.html

From Nov. 14-Dec. 3, the Irish played seven straight games away from Purcell Pavilion, travelling 9,800 round-trip miles and matched the longest streak of non-home games in regular season history.

When Notre Dame took on UConn in Hartford on Dec. 3, it marked their fourth straight top-25 opponent, and fifth overall, all of which have been on the road. Only Notre Dame and UConn have squared off against four straight ranked foes this season and five overall. Furthermore, both Notre Dame and UConn are the only two schools to currently boast at least four top-25 ranked victories.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/06/17 7:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reimer returns...

Shades

PostPosted: 12/06/17 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Reimer returns...

That should be interesting. Last year, I remember Shepard getting frustrated and getting into a shoving match with Reimer. She was the only one shoving though. I can't remember if she got ejected.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/06/17 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
Reimer returns...

That should be interesting. Last year, I remember Shepard getting frustrated and getting into a shoving match with Reimer. She was the only one shoving though. I can't remember if she got ejected.

Of course last year Shepard wasn't with ND yet.

On the other hand when ND played MSU in East Lansing last year, Reimer played 16 minutes, had four pts, one rebound, and four fouls.

MSU and NU played twice last year. First time Shepard had 15 pts, 12 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 fouls. Reimer had 14, 13, 0 and also four fouls. Second time Shepard had 32 pts, 11 rebounds and 3 fouls. Reimer had 8 and 7, and fouled out. MSU won the first game easily, NU won the second in OT.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 12/06/17 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So far ND is loving finally getting to play a game at home. They lead 47-16 at the half.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/06/17 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan State is missing a strong scorer this year. Agee was completely shut down.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/06/17 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Michigan State is missing a strong scorer this year. Agee was completely shut down.

Other than Allen’s unusually big game today...

Irish dominated the entire game. 90-59 final.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/06/17 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, that was basically a blowout from the opening tip.

The B10 overall looks pretty weak this year. I bet they are all looking forward to conference play.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/06/17 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
Reimer returns...

Shepard 19 pts, 2 rebounds, 3 fouls in 26 minutes.
Reimer 4 pts, 3 rebounds, 3 fouls in 28 minutes.

Frankly the change in scenery seems to have done nothing for her game or her conditioning.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/06/17 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Shades wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
Reimer returns...

Frankly the change in scenery seems to have done nothing for her game or her conditioning.

I don't why you would interpret that comment as "I think Reimer is the better basketball player". I made no such claim. I was just pointing out there is probably no love lost between the two. Quit trying so hard to find things to fight about.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/06/17 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Shades wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
Reimer returns...

I don't why you would interpret that comment as "I think Reimer is the better basketball player". I made no such claim. I was just pointing out there is probably no love lost between the two. Quit trying so hard to find things to fight about.

Huh? I didn't think you'd said any such thing and wasn't fighting. I have no idea why you're all twisted up.

I was just pointing out that if there's any rivalry there, it's lopsided.

And that "Reimer's return" was a non-event.

It wasn't about you at all.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 12/07/17 3:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigqn State hasn't looked right since it lost to UCONN going 1-3 with the only win a 3 point victory over Western Michigan. Now UCONN and Norte Dame is u derstanda le and Miami is coming on but Spartans look rudderless.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/07/17 6:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Michigqn State hasn't looked right since it lost to UCONN going 1-3 with the only win a 3 point victory over Western Michigan. Now UCONN and Norte Dame is u derstanda le and Miami is coming on but Spartans look rudderless.

One of the things I love to hate about MSU is they’ve had some pretty strong personalities who could turn it on and take over games with attitude. I didn’t see anyone like that last night.

They needed OT to beat Western Michigan last year. Their former AHC, Clipfell, seems to have their number.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 12/07/17 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Graham Hayes on Notre Dame's Jackie Young (and the Michigan State win).

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21695975/notre-dame-fighting-irish-bounce-back-loss-uconn-huskies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: