RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Notre Dame @ Connecticut - 12/03/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Notre Dame
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Connecticut
78%
 78%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 14

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/05/17 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has Collier ever even made a furrowed brow on the court, let alone act like a punk?

And then there's Mabrey.

PostPosted: 12/05/17 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
The spin and strawmen are out in full force and I'm done.

Ok, everything ever written on the internet is absolutely true. Happy now?

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 12/05/17 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Has Collier ever even made a furrowed brow on the court, let alone act like a punk?

And then there's Mabrey.

Grabbing the ball out of Mabrey's hands was wrong. It's a great way to piss someone off, especially just after they committed a turnover. I'm not saying that Collier's intent was to piss off Marina, but you cannot be surprised that Marina acted that way. If Kia had just committed a traveling violation and Mabrey grabbed the ball out of her hands immediately following it, wouldn't a lot of UConn fans call Marina's grab a punk play?

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 12/05/17 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

And then there's Mabrey.

Grabbing the ball out of Mabrey's hands was wrong. It's a great way to piss someone off, especially just after they committed a turnover. I'm not saying that Collier's intent was to piss off Marina, but you cannot be surprised that Marina acted that way. If Kia had just committed a traveling violation and Mabrey grabbed the ball out of her hands immediately following it, wouldn't a lot of UConn fans call Marina's grab a punk play?

The difference is Mabrey is a jerk on the court, Collier isn't.

PostPosted: 12/06/17 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 12/06/17 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
In reply to above but don't shoot the messenger, comments are from 2 of your ex players and 2 of the players on your team.

1. McGraw was watched in practice by the admin after parents complained about serious issues in practice
2. Problem with Mabrey and AO, no-one likes playing with them, they argue with each other on the court - you set a screen for me no you set a screen for me....
3. Problem with Mabrey yelling at her teammates.
4. Problem with Mabrey off the court and getting personally involved with another teammates Beau.
5. Players like Shepherd,Turner and Young who everyone seems to like feel there is little TEAM and too much ME.

I will remember this as reference if any of this is true. I remember when the Taya Reimer being unhappy at ND rumors was brushed aside as just internet gossip as well.

LMAO yes do, I said don't shoot the messenger, I remember a lot of other shit too. I usually wouldn't post unless I hear something over and over again and then you watch some of the behavior they are talking about. I have called out Tara in the past as well.

linkster

PostPosted: 12/06/17 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

And then there's Mabrey.

What was wrong was Mabrey holding onto the ball after a turnover. It's called delay of play. It is the same thing as knocking a ball away after a made basket in order to both slow down the opponent and to give your own team a chance to set up their defense.
You'll have to forgive me for having a bias against Mabrey but she was the same player who "accidentally" swung her arm behind her and hit Gabby Williams in the throat with her fist in a previous game, forcing Williams to the bench.
I suppose if she was on my team I'd excuse her but seeing how she isn't I see her for what she is, a NJ punk with lots of mouth.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/06/17 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

It is the same thing as knocking a ball away after a made basket in order to both slow down the opponent and to give your own team a chance to set up their defense.

But of course you know perfectly well that it's not at all the same because unlike after a made basket this was a dead ball and the ball needs to go to the official. The rule is entirely different.

If I thought for a moment that you were honestly mistaken I'd joke you've been watching too much soccer where you might have a shred of a point, but we all know better. It's just another "UConn's shit don't stink" moment.

linkster

PostPosted: 12/06/17 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
linkster wrote:

It is the same thing as knocking a ball away after a made basket in order to both slow down the opponent and to give your own team a chance to set up their defense.

But of course you know perfectly well that it's not at all the same because unlike after a made basket this was a dead ball and the ball needs to go to the official. The rule is entirely different.

If I thought for a moment that you were honestly mistaken I'd joke you've been watching too much soccer where you might have a shred of a point, but we all know better. It's just another "UConn's shit don't stink" moment.

Not as different as you would like us to believe. On a dead ball situation the player is obligated to surrender the ball to an official. Mabrey held onto the ball while she continued to complain about the call. The ref would have been entirely correct to whistle her for a technical.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/06/17 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
linkster wrote:

Not as different as you would like us to believe. On a dead ball situation the player is obligated to surrender the ball to an official. Mabrey held onto the ball while she continued to complain about the call. The ref would have been entirely correct to whistle her for a technical.

It's a total difference and the ref easily could have T'd up Collier. She has no business touching the ball until the ref hands it to her. Mabrey has no duty to turn the ball over to Collier. None. And Collier was WAY out of line grabbing it. It was just a punk move by your little darling. All your pretending to be Huckabee-Sanders won't change that.

linkster

PostPosted: 12/06/17 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
linkster wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
linkster wrote:

It's a total difference and the ref easily could have T'd up Collier. She has no business touching the ball until the ref hands it to her. Mabrey has no duty to turn the ball over to Collier. None. And Collier was WAY out of line grabbing it. It was just a punk move by your little darling. All your pretending to be Huckabee-Sanders won't change that.

Watch the replay Art. The ref says nothing to Collier and is admonishing Mabrey for her near-violent reaction to Collier's attempt to continue play.

linkster

PostPosted: 12/06/17 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Mabrey has no duty to turn the ball over to Collier. None.

Straw man Art. No one suggested she did Art. But Mabrey does have an obligation to relinquish the ball to the ref, something she plainly was refusing to do.

Collier was simply retrieving a dead ball to give to the ref. There was no reason for Marina to react as she did.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 12/06/17 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Quote:

Straw man Art. No one suggested she did Art. But Mabrey does have an obligation to relinquish the ball to the ref, something she plainly was refusing to do.

Collier was simply retrieving a dead ball to give to the ref. There was no reason for Marina to react as she did.

Come on, Linkster. There was no reason for Collier to help the ref by extracting the ball from Marina. Obviously that move would upset Marina. If the ref had a problem with Marina not surrendering the ball to the ref in a timely manner, then the ref could have spoken to Marina. There was absolutely no reason for Collier to intervene. If the situation had been reversed, you would have complained that there was no reason for Marina to aggressively take the ball away from Collier, as that was the ref's job.

linkster

PostPosted: 12/07/17 3:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Quote:

Come on, Linkster. There was no reason for Collier to help the ref by extracting the ball from Marina. Obviously that move would upset Marina. If the ref had a problem with Marina not surrendering the ball to the ref in a timely manner, then the ref could have spoken to Marina. There was absolutely no reason for Collier to intervene. If the situation had been reversed, you would have complained that there was no reason for Marina to aggressively take the ball away from Collier, as that was the ref's job.

Yes there was a reason. UConn was on a roll and wanted to keep the pace of the game going while Marina was arguing a call and stalling the game. The ball belonged to UConn out of bounds. If the ball was rolling on the court you would be perfectly OK with Collier running to pick it up and give it to the ref. Collier wasn't trying to rip it away from Mabrey but Mabrey lost it. You can also see the ref talking to Mabrey not Collier, nor Nurse, who inserted herself right behind Mabrey. Even MM saw that Mabrey was on thin ice with the ref and called time out.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if Collier knew it was going to piss off Mabrey but that's Mabey's problem. According to more than one observer who was courtside Mabrey was mouthing off to UConn players all game and as the game was slipping through her fingers she acted out right in front of the ref.

As far as what Collier would have done, I have no idea and neither do you.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/07/17 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you for explaining Collier's motivation for acting like such a punk.

Hey, she has a good role model. UConn's greatest player ever remains, at age 35, the biggest punk in WBB.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 12/07/17 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree with Glenn that Stevens and Collier cancel each other out and there lies the problem when Gabby is not in the game as we lose a passer and better defender. Without KLS we lose this game by 20. Of course Geno knows his team. He knows that in a way Uconn got lucky that Notre Dame tried to play hero ball in the 4th and didn’t even attempt to get Stevens out of the game, although you can bet KLS would have come in for her even on one leg.

You have a combination of Notre Dame not being able to put Uconn down when they were playing their best basketball as KLS and Dangerfield wouldn’t let them, add Nurse in the 4th and also Notre Dame choking in the 4th which allowed Uconn to just execute some plays without much of a fight.

Notre Dame let this game slip away. They don’t have underdog status any more so we will see how tight they get the next time they play. For Uconn with better health they will be a different team.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/07/17 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

An exciting game has de-volved into some of the dumbest shit I've read on here in a while.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 12/07/17 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Then why you here bud, your shit don't stink Wink

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/07/17 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
An exciting game has de-volved into some of the dumbest shit I've read on here in a while.

+1

PostPosted: 12/07/17 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

Because I was hoping for some meaningful dialogue instead of this crap.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 12/07/17 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Would this be Art making a shit, instead of straw, man? 'Tis the season for Mr. Hanky!

Again, Collier and Mabrey sitting on a punk scale...no one familiar with WCB and in possession of a sound mind thinks the scale tips any other way than toward Belmar Jersey Shore Marina.

Art doing a Trump- tweeting bs to distract from Russia. (For the politically challenged, in this case Russia is the Notre Dame Fighting Irish choke.)

PostPosted: 12/07/17 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Obviously, judging from what followed your post, you're out of luck. The trolls will not be deterred.

I'd be more than happy to discuss basketball with you if you can suggest a place to do it.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 12/07/17 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And you think he wasn’t talking about you. CLASSIC

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 12/07/17 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Laughing Laughing There you go dt you are back where you belong Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: