RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Ball St @ Purdue - 12/04/17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 12/03/17 11:09 pm    ::: Ball St @ Purdue - 12/04/17 Reply Reply with quote

West Lafayette, IN - 7:00 PM ET
TV: None

Video:
https://www.btn2go.com/game/ball-state-at-purdue-on-12042017 (sub)

Audio:
https://portal.stretchinternet.com/purdue/

http://radio.securenetsystems.net/v5/WXFN

Live stats:
http://www.purduesports.com/gametracker/launch/gt_wbaskbl.html?event=1579169&school=pur&sport=wbaskbl&camefrom=&startschool=&

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 12/04/17 9:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
BallState1984

PostPosted: 12/04/17 7:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ball State is undefeated and has beaten Vandy and Butler.

PostPosted: 12/04/17 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BSU 31-25 at half.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/04/17 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ball St is ballin'. Up 31-25 on Purdue at the half.

BallState1984

PostPosted: 12/04/17 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cards opened up a 40-30 lead in the third

PostPosted: 12/04/17 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

57-50 with 3 to go.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/04/17 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

64-59 :14 left.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/04/17 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

66-60 BSU final

SDHoops

PostPosted: 12/04/17 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Remember back in the day when Tracy Roller coached..they had a fun team but you'd never imagine them beating Purdue and Vandy! Way to go Cards!

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/04/17 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The next time someone wants to bitch about how terrible Duke is, take a look this game and where Sharon Versyp has take the Purdue program.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/05/17 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
The next time someone wants to bitch about how terrible Duke is, take a look this game and where Sharon Versyp has take the Purdue program.

Is this shaping up as the worst year yet? They really don't seem to be very good.

Maybe an overall weak Big10 will save them?

BTW, Duke looks like UConn next to where Versyp has driven Purdue.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 12/05/17 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

On the bright side, they used to lose to Notre Dame every year and Sharon stopped that trend.

I thought maybe Purdue had improved based on last year's team exceeding expectations, but I think you really need to hit rock bottom so that Versyp gets replaced. Maybe this year is the year for that.

stever

PostPosted: 12/05/17 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

On the bright side, they used to lose to Notre Dame every year and Sharon stopped that trend.

I thought maybe Purdue had improved based on last year's team exceeding expectations, but I think you really need to hit rock bottom so that Versyp gets replaced. Maybe this year is the year for that.

Didn't Purdue extend her, out to 2020 or so?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/05/17 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Yep. I don't remember the exact data, but for some reason the former AD was allowed to give her a major extension on his way out the door. In spectacularly tone-deaf timing, it was announced the day after Stephanie White was hired by Vanderbilt.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/05/17 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
stever wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Yep. I don't remember the exact data, but for some reason the former AD was allowed to give her a major extension on his way out the door. In spectacularly tone-deaf timing, it was announced the day after Stephanie White was hired by Vanderbilt.

Kevin White (Duke's current AD) did that idiocy and gave ND's FB coach Charlie Weis some undeserved long term guaranteed contract extension. So then when ND canned White shortly thereafter, and the next AD canned Weis the following year, Notre Dame ended up paying Weis $18 million in buyout payments over the next five years.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/06/17 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
stever wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Kevin White (Duke's current AD) did that idiocy and gave ND's FB coach Charlie Weis some undeserved long term guaranteed contract extension. So then when ND canned White shortly thereafter, and the next AD canned Weis the following year, Notre Dame ended up paying Weis $18 million in buyout payments over the next five years.

Morgan Burke had already been canned (ahem ... retired), but was still on the job. Just terrible decision-making all around.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: