RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Matt Lauer fired amid revelations of sexual misconduct

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 11/29/17 5:00 pm    ::: Matt Lauer fired amid revelations of sexual misconduct Reply Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/11/29/nbc-announces-today-show-co-host-matt-lauer-fired-due-to-inappropriate-sexual-behavior-at-work.html
Quote:
"Over the course of several hours, my client detailed egregious acts of sexual harassment and misconduct by Mr. Lauer," Ari Wilkenfeld of Wilkenfeld, Herendeen & Atkinson told Fox News in an emailed statement. "In fewer than than 35 hours, NBC investigated and removed Mr. Lauer...It is our hope that NBC will continue to do what it can to repair the damage done to my client—their employee—and any other women who may come forward."

It's been well documented that Matt Lauer is a sex pervert. Back in 2012, Andy Cohen interviewed Katie Couric on the segment, "Plead the Fifth" where Couric admitted that Lauer pinched her on the ass a lot. You can see the video of Couric's admission here:
http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/29/katie-couric-today-show-matt-lauer-sexual-harassment-allegations/

In related news, left-wing talk radio host Garrison Keillor was fired from MPR for similar sexual misconduct:
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/11/29/garrison-keillor-says-hes-been-fired-by-minnesota-public-radio-over-allegations-inappropriate-behavior.html

justintyme

PostPosted: 11/29/17 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was already posted in the Hollywood Thread.

PostPosted: 11/29/17 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So with all these liberals getting fired, I'm sure that Stonington must agree it's time for Congress to do its job and fire admitted "sex pervert " Donald Trump, right?

After all, if pinching a woman on the ass makes one a "sex pervert", grabbing her by the pussy must certainly qualify.

tfan

PostPosted: 11/30/17 5:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A woman claims that when she was in his office Lauer locked the door via a button at his desk. Would like to hear what he gave as the reason for why he needed that button installed (assuming he had to ask for and get approval).

NBC Receives at Least 2 New Complaints About Matt Lauer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y4rRA4rtgy0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/30/17 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I may be able to watch "Today" again.

Can't stand him, didn't like him on the Olympics, never could figure out why people seemed to like him so much.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
pilight

PostPosted: 11/30/17 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
A woman claims that when she was in his office Lauer locked the door via a button at his desk. Would like to hear what he gave as the reason for why he needed that button installed (assuming he had to ask for and get approval).

Many high level executive types have desk buttons to close and lock their door. The only thing that might make this unusual would be if it couldn't be unlocked and opened from inside.

PostPosted: 11/30/17 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:

Many high level executive types have desk buttons to close and lock their door.

Why? Keeping people out that are coming to attack them?

Randy

PostPosted: 11/30/17 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Makes it pretty clear that NBC execs had to know something was going on.

pilight

PostPosted: 11/30/17 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:

Many high level executive types have desk buttons to close and lock their door.

Why? Keeping people out that are coming to attack them?

That, which is a legitimate concern at NBC, and for privacy when they're talking to high ranking people on the phone. Again, it's always to keep people from getting in, not to keep them from getting out.

PostPosted: 11/30/17 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wrong thread.

Last edited by Genero36 on 11/30/17 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 11/30/17 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vYFcOhuoNso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 11/30/17 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
So with all these liberals getting fired, I'm sure that Stonington must agree it's time for Congress to do its job and fire admitted "sex pervert " Donald Trump, right?

After all, if pinching a woman on the ass makes one a "sex pervert", grabbing her by the pussy must certainly qualify.

Do you have a specific example of when he did this or are we supposed to take some nonsense talk on a party bus as fact?

Sorry you're still mourning the loss of your hero today, Art. I don't know what else to tell you besides pick some better role models.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 11/30/17 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Makes it pretty clear that NBC execs had to know something was going on.

Indeed. But perhaps they didn't know about the "bending over" video? It's not clear whether or not that was filmed by NBC cameramen or by hidden spy cam. I'm going to go on a limb here and assume he thought nobody that mattered was paying attention.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: