RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Loyola Transfers (from Swoopes' team)--where are they now?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/29/17 2:03 pm    ::: Loyola Transfers (from Swoopes' team)--where are they now? Reply Reply with quote

This stems from a thread on the Game Day Forum and a brief discussion of the situation with Loyola. It's well known that most of the players Sheryl Swoopes recruited to Loyola fled either shortly before or right after she was fired. I spotted one last weekend when St. Joseph's came to JMU; Whisper Fisher came off the bench for the Hawks. I have no idea where everyone else went, there were so many. Didn't Grace Goodheart go back to someplace in Texas? She was one who impressed me quite a bit. What happened to the rest of them?

Loyola, of course, is back in the basement of the OVC and seems destined to remain so for awhile.

PostPosted: 11/29/17 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Goodhart is at North Texas. Ryaen Johnson is at Milwaukee. Samantha Lambrigtsen is at Hawaii Pacific. Taylor Manuel landed at Ole Miss. Dakota Vann is at TCU after a juco layover. Nieka Wheeler is at Nebraska-Kearney. Those are the players off that roster who are at other schools.

I cannot express how awesome this widget is: http://web1.ncaa.org/stats/StatsSrv/careersearch . It's done wonders for helping me figure out where people end up, and I've bookmarked it across two computers.

(now with spelling variations)
summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/29/17 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks, Queenie! I do remember now that Taylor Manuel landed at Ole Miss. Did pretty decently there, too.

PostPosted: 11/29/17 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Destiny Washington landed at Ball State

PostPosted: 11/30/17 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really think Grace Goodhart had the potential to play at a better school than NTSU. She impressed me a lot, at least what I saw of her. I watched a lot of OVC games that year, being a fan of Missouri State, and ended up watching a lot of Loyola games just to see what Swoopes was doing with the team. They had been so godawful for so long that it was kind of nice to see them rising from the depths. Unfortunately the way she did it doesn't seem to have been the best. Also unfortunately, they replaced her with one of their own, who seems to have returned them to the depths and doesn't appear to have a clue about recruiting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: