RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Connecticut @ Nevada - 11/28/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/29/17 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
After 16 games in Las Vegas with a total attendance of about 2500, it was nice to see people turn out for a women's basketball game in Nevada. 7,815 was the announced attendance, a record for a women's game in the state.

UConn was horrible after the first several minutes when they ran out to a 25-5 lead. I disagree with the posters who complained about the refs; UConn was very uncharacteristically reaching and were slow to get into position. Whether they got tired because of the altitude or bored because of the competition, they played Nevada even for 30 minutes before putting on a spurt at the end of the game to win by 31.

The worst aspect of the Huskies play was their interior defense. Nevada had a dozen offensive rebounds and numerous uncontested layups.
I don't think this necessarily portends anything too bad for them because they have so much talent they can sleepwalk through all but a handful of games and this effort will give Geno some great film to motivate his players. But I wish I had had the opportunity to see them play up to their potential.

It was a great night for Gabby Williams, Reed High School Graduate, and for Nevada women's basketball.

AND they allowed way too many open 3s.

It was a pathetic effort, and one Meghan Culmo has to answer for, re: her continual PR bs about "UConn always gives 100% effort".

PostPosted: 11/29/17 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
After 16 games in Las Vegas with a total attendance of about 2500, it was nice to see people turn out for a women's basketball game in Nevada. 7,815 was the announced attendance, a record for a women's game in the state.

UConn was horrible after the first several minutes when they ran out to a 25-5 lead. I disagree with the posters who complained about the refs; UConn was very uncharacteristically reaching and were slow to get into position. Whether they got tired because of the altitude or bored because of the competition, they played Nevada even for 30 minutes before putting on a spurt at the end of the game to win by 31.

The worst aspect of the Huskies play was their interior defense. Nevada had a dozen offensive rebounds and numerous uncontested layups.
I don't think this necessarily portends anything too bad for them because they have so much talent they can sleepwalk through all but a handful of games and this effort will give Geno some great film to motivate his players. But I wish I had had the opportunity to see them play up to their potential.

It was a great night for Gabby Williams, Reed High School Graduate, and for Nevada women's basketball.

AND they allowed way too many open 3s.

It was a pathetic effort, and one Meghan Culmo has to answer for, re: her continual PR bs about "UConn always gives 100% effort".

You are right. I gave them a little pass on that because generally those 3s were well beyond the arc and Nevada was shooting out of their minds, but at some point they should have come out further.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: