2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/27/17 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Who other than Mitchell?

*Russell is a slothful stiff that shoots free throws like Shaq. Definitely no.
*Gabby is a greatly talented athlete, inspirational and can defend well. Is she the best pro prospect? Might be but there are some questions.
*Billings will be a good big/rebounder and defender but currently has a poor offensive mid-range game and no long game. She hustles and is listed as 6'4". Might be able to trade down for her.
*Canada is a talented inspirational PG, a leader, go-getter and plays defense. The best PG in the Draft and maybe the country (college) currently. Don't think she's the most needed player for Indy with January onboard?
*DeShields has not shown leadership, ability to get along with coaches/players and seems contrary and unhappy wherever she plays. Can she change? Could Pokey control her? No coach yet has.
*Nurse is an all-around 6' solid player offensively, defensively, leadership, pro-ready body, trained ready to go. A proven winner world-wide.

No direspect,but this is a bias post....You went negative on Deshileds/Russell...while kissing the asses of Gabby,Canada,and Nurse.

Deshields is greatly talented,is a legit 6'0,can defend,and create her own shot....but you said none of this.

+1

PostPosted: 11/27/17 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DeShields has more potential than any other player in the draft, but as has been pointed out, potential means you haven't done it yet. She's a roll of the dice.

Canada, despite shooting better in a small early sample size this year, is a career 30.6% three-point shooter, and it is unclear how she will score at the WNBA level. She will not get those inside baskets as easily, and if teams can sag off of her (which will be easier because of her height), she may become an offensive liability.

But if she shoots 40% from three all season, then she will be a very, very high pick.

PostPosted: 11/27/17 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No early entries I still think it is a coin toss for Indy between Mitchell and Deshields both have their negatives but Mitchell is an elite scorer and Deshields is a large, athletic 2 way playing wing, both have the pieces to be stars at the next level, and both have the potential to not be as good as their fans think they will be. ATM I still lean towards Deshields if I'm Indy.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 11/27/17 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
DeShields has more potential than any other player in the draft, but as has been pointed out, potential means you haven't done it yet. She's a roll of the dice.

Canada, despite shooting better in a small early sample size this year, is a career 30.6% three-point shooter, and it is unclear how she will score at the WNBA level. She will not get those inside baskets as easily, and if teams can sag off of her (which will be easier because of her height), she may become an offensive liability.

But if she shoots 40% from three all season, then she will be a very, very high pick.

No one that has seen DeShields play will question if she is a talented player. She is an amazingly talented player. The main question mark next to DeSheilds name is her being able to perform at high level on a CONSISTENT basis. I will rate her being the second best player in the 2018 draft if she can perform at a high level consistently in the Euro league she is playing in right now.

PostPosted: 11/27/17 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:

No one that has seen DeShields play will question if she is a talented player. She is an amazingly talented player. The main question mark next to DeSheilds name is her being able to perform at high level on a CONSISTENT basis. I will rate her being the second best player in the 2018 draft if she can perform at a high level consistently in the Euro league she is playing in right now.

As of right now shes averaging 17.1 PPG 5.9 Rebs 3 Assists 2.3 Steals & 2.9 Turnovers . Id take that on my team any day

PostPosted: 11/27/17 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Who other than Mitchell?

*Gabby is a greatly talented athlete, inspirational and can defend well. Is she the best pro prospect? Might be but there are some questions.
*Billings will be a good big/rebounder and defender but currently has a poor offensive mid-range game and no long game. She hustles and is listed as 6'4". Might be able to trade down for her.
*Canada is a talented inspirational PG, a leader, go-getter and plays defense. The best PG in the Draft and maybe the country (college) currently. Don't think she's the most needed player for Indy with January onboard?
*DeShields has not shown leadership, ability to get along with coaches/players and seems contrary and unhappy wherever she plays. Can she change? Could Pokey control her? No coach yet has.
*Nurse is an all-around 6' solid player offensively, defensively, leadership, pro-ready body, trained ready to go. A proven winner world-wide.

No direspect,but this is a bias post....You went negative on Deshileds/Russell...while kissing the asses of Gabby,Canada,and Nurse.

Deshields is greatly talented,is a legit 6'0,can defend,and create her own shot....but you said none of this.

+1

Sorry, but I assumed most of the learned basketball followers already knew the talent of DeShields, as its been discussed and acknowledged many times on this forum and others. You may want to go back and review the discussions on Diamond and the other players and/or watch more of the past and present games available.

My basic but simple analysis could not and did not address all of each player's virtues and weaknesses. If so, it would require a volume and it's really unnecessary for a simple forum discussion.

If Diamond is your favorite choice @ #2, she may very well be the best choice and the one taken. I wish Indiana the best and hope they get the right player, as the league and most fans want them to be more competitive.

As for the bias comment, you may need more maturity.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 11/27/17 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What are DeShields field goal percentage and her three point percentage in Europe? My other concern about DeShields is that she might be a flight risk with any of the lottery teams that might draft her.

PostPosted: 11/27/17 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DeShields is 6-23 from three (26%), shooting 45% from the field overall. Still only seven games, which is a small sample size, but a pretty decent start for a kid playing in her first games as a pro against generally decent competition.

PostPosted: 11/28/17 12:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
DeShields is 6-23 from three (26%), shooting 45% from the field overall. Still only seven games, which is a small sample size, but a pretty decent start for a kid playing in her first games as a pro against generally decent competition.

Thanks Richyyy for those stats. Where did you get those numbers from? I've tried to find those numbers but could not find a source to retrieve them.

PostPosted: 11/28/17 1:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Thanks Richyyy for those stats. Where did you get those numbers from? I've tried to find those numbers but could not find a source to retrieve them.

http://www.tbf.org.tr/ligler/kbsl/Takimlar?name=TakimProfili3&Sezon=161&Lig=8984&subname=TakimIstatistik3&KulupKodu=75357 for her whole team.

http://www.tbf.org.tr/ligler/kbsl/Oyuncular?name=OyuncuDetay&Code=747594&KulupKodu=75357&Sezon=161&Lig=8984 for her game-by-game numbers.

PostPosted: 11/28/17 2:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

As for the bias comment, you may need more maturity.

I just thought there was a lot of "Hyperbole" in your assessment of Gabby, Nurse, and Canada....while not even mentioning the abilities of Deshields/Russell....Just harping on their negatives....

RavenDog wrote:

Indiana selecting Nurse at #2 would be a fireable offense IMO.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/28/17 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

I just thought there was a lot of "Hyperbole" in your assessment of Gabby, Nurse, and Canada.

You're pretty selective on calling out hyperbole. What you think when you see 26% from three described as "pretty decent"? Smile

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
UK1996

PostPosted: 11/28/17 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think Nurse is a lottery pick, but I do think she could be the steal of the draft. A blue collar player who is willing to play any role she is given. Uconn players are typically pro ready coming into the league. Being a Uconn player boosts a player's draft status. Had Kiah Stokes had the same career she did at Uconn, at any other school in the country, she wouldn't have been drafted or even seriously considered for that matter.

PostPosted: 11/28/17 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
I don't think Nurse is a lottery pick, but I do think she could be the steal of the draft. A blue collar player who is willing to play any role she is given. Uconn players are typically pro ready coming into the league. Being a Uconn player boosts a player's draft status. Had Kiah Stokes had the same career she did at Uconn, at any other school in the country, she wouldn't have been drafted or even seriously considered for that matter.

I agree Not a Nurse a Lottery Pick ! Laughing

PostPosted: 11/28/17 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
Being a Uconn player boosts a player's draft status. Had Kiah Stokes had the same career she did at Uconn, at any other school in the country, she wouldn't have been drafted or even seriously considered for that matter.

Is that necessarily a good thing? See, e.g., Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/28/17 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
Being a Uconn player boosts a player's draft status. Had Kiah Stokes had the same career she did at Uconn, at any other school in the country, she wouldn't have been drafted or even seriously considered for that matter.

Is that necessarily a good thing? See, e.g., Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis.

See e.g. Bria Hartley

PostPosted: 11/28/17 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I just thought there was a lot of "Hyperbole" in your assessment of Gabby, Nurse, and Canada.

You're pretty selective on calling out hyperbole. What you think when you see 26% from three described as "pretty decent"? Smile

26% from 3 is poor.However,DD is shooting 51% from two point range,and 45% overall.Not bad for a rookie playing in a new country.Diamond inconsistent shooting from 3 pt range is correctable.She has a good looking shot.Getting drafted by a team with a coach who knows how to develop talent would be a huge bonus.

Just for comparison:

McBride-45% 2ptfg.7-23 3ptfg,12-13 ft,14.2p/5.8r/2.8a/.8s/.2b

Deshields-51% 2ptfg,6-23 3ptfg,24-33 ft,17.1p/5.9r/3.0a/2.3s/.7b

Diamond needs to cut down on the TO(2.9)...but not a bad stat line for a rookie.Mcbride also has the luxury of playing with two very good wnba offensive players(Vandersloot,Lavender)

I’m not sold on Nurse.She’s a short 6’0(short wingspan,short reach).....I also have doubts about Kia's 6'0 listed height.I saw her play an exhibition game against team USA last year.She was terrible:0p/0a/4r/0-3/3 to in 25 minutes...It was just an exhibition game,and there's still some room for growth.But I was very disappointed in Kia's performance.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 11/28/17 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's not exactly the same kind of player, and she's probably better, but it worries me that people use the same kind of phrases to praise Nurse that they used for Kelly Faris. Sometimes being a pretty-good-at-everything kind of player means you're not quite good enough at anything in paticular when you step up a level. And smarts, work rate and versatility aren't always enough to bride the gap.

PostPosted: 11/28/17 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
She's not exactly the same kind of player, and she's probably better, but it worries me that people use the same kind of phrases to praise Nurse that they used for Kelly Faris. Sometimes being a pretty-good-at-everything kind of player means you're not quite good enough at anything in paticular when you step up a level. And smarts, work rate and versatility aren't always enough to bride the gap.

Seriously? You're comparing Kelly Faris to Kia Nurse? You're more educated and knowledgeable in basketball than this. Come on... Smile

What gap or gaps? What are the things Nurse is not very very good at?

Defender?
Leader?
Hustle?
3 pt. shooter?
Midrange game?
Scorer?
Team player?
Intelligence?
Penetrating?
World-wide and National accomplishments?
Olympics?
Canadian National team and accomplishments?
Pro-ready?
Body?
Ruggedness?
Passing?
Rebounding?
Coachable?
Getting along with teammates?
Foul shooting?
Fouling?
Taking charges?
Setting screens?
Temper?
Setting an example?
Speaking?
Play more than one position?
Cheerleading?
Steals?
Attitude?
Intangibles?

LibFan25

PostPosted: 11/28/17 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Seriously? You're comparing Kelly Faris to Kia Nurse? You're more educated and knowledgeable in basketball than this. Come on... Smile

Defender?
Leader?
Hustle?
3 pt. shooter?
Midrange game?
Scorer?
Team player?
Intelligence?
Penetrating?
Olympics?
Pro-ready?
Body?
Ruggedness?
Passing?
Rebounding?
Coachable?
Foul shooting?
Fouling?
Taking charges?
Setting screens?
Temper?
Setting an example?
Speaking?
Cheerleading?
Steals?
Attitude?
Intangibles?

Kia Nurse is the Truth, i love watching her game. You can put check marks right next to every question mark on there for me

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/28/17 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Defender?
Leader?
Hustle?
3 pt. shooter?
Midrange game?
Scorer?
Team player?
Intelligence?
Penetrating?
Olympics?
Pro-ready?
Body?
Ruggedness?
Passing?
Rebounding?
Coachable?
Foul shooting?
Fouling?
Taking charges?
Setting screens?
Temper?
Setting an example?
Speaking?
Cheerleading?
Steals?
Attitude?
Intangibles?

Kia Nurse is the Truth, i love watching her game. You can put checks marks right next to every question mark on there for me

My Mom taught me to never tell a fibb ..so ill just plead the 5th Laughing

PostPosted: 11/28/17 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Defender?
Leader?
Hustle?
3 pt. shooter?
Midrange game?
Scorer?
Team player?
Intelligence?
Penetrating?
Olympics?
Pro-ready?
Body?
Ruggedness?
Passing?
Rebounding?
Coachable?
Foul shooting?
Fouling?
Taking charges?
Setting screens?
Temper?
Setting an example?
Speaking?
Cheerleading?
Steals?
Attitude?
Intangibles?

Kia Nurse is the Truth, i love watching her game. You can put checks marks right next to every question mark on there for me

haha Laughing

its cool you can disagree wit me Very Happy

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/28/17 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:

Quote:
haha Laughing

Your awesome , alot of posters dont like when people dont agree with there opinions. The world needs more posters like you LibFan #Seriously !! Exclamation Exclamation

PostPosted: 11/28/17 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

Quote:
haha Laughing

Your awesome , alot of posters dont like when people dont agree with there opinions. The world needs more posters like you LibFan #Seriously !! Exclamation Exclamation

aww thanks Smile you're awesome too, i am a BIG Skylar Diggins fan so if...if i dont have my team next year im rooting for those Wings Wink

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/28/17 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nurse just has a wee bit more offense than Faris ever dreamed about. Wink

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 26 of 93

Jump to: