RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Top game of the season that isn't on TV?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBiebel

PostPosted: 11/25/17 11:48 pm    ::: Top game of the season that isn't on TV? Reply Reply with quote

Probably the one on Sunday (11/26). ND (#6) vs USC (#3/2) in the Gulf Coast Showcase.

Are there any other games with teams ranked similarly that aren't scheduled to be televised?

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/26/17 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's a shame most of these holiday games, as usual, went virtually unseen.

Imagine an action-packed, televised few days for WCB fans everywhere. (all 10,000 of us).

PostPosted: 11/26/17 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
It's a shame most of these holiday games, as usual, went virtually unseen.

Imagine an action-packed, televised few days for WCB fans everywhere. (all 10,000 of us).

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^

PostPosted: 11/26/17 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The games may not have been on TV, but most of them were streamed for a fee. The tournaments want to make some money, either by selling tickets or by selling video streams. It's just that there aren't 10,000 of us who are willing to pay for the video streams. Only myrtle.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/26/17 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
The games may not have been on TV, but most of them were streamed for a fee. The tournaments want to make some money, either by selling tickets or by selling video streams. It's just that there aren't 10,000 of us who are willing to pay for the video streams. Only myrtle.

Sounds to me that they over-estimated how much people were willing to pay. This may be a big game, but come on, it isn't THAT big.

How many people do you think ponied up the $$$ for the stream? 100? 20? 3?

I read somewhere that it was $30 for the stream. I'm thinking that 100 seems like a high number to me. Unless there are a lot of other NCAA teams that bought in to get scout tapes.

Make it $10 and you will get at least a few people to pay up. Probably make more money at a lower price than they will at $30.

I'm too lazy to look if they had this tourney last year. If they did, it would be interesting to know what the charge was and how many people bought in. Is this amount based on experience? Or just wishful thinking?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
CBiebel

PostPosted: 11/26/17 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And it seems that it would have been a great game to watch. After a slow start, when ND went down by about 10 or so points, they came back and were up by 3 at the half. ND then went on a tear in the 3rd quarter before holding off a 4th quarter rally to win 92-85.

Ogunbowale had 23 points and Young had 22 (along with 10 rebounds).

It looks like Mabrey might be coming out of her slump. After starting the game 0-4 from the field, she ended up hitting 5 of her remaining 6 shots (mostly 2nd half), including 2 treys. Her two misses in her 2-4 3 point stats both came in the first quarter. She ended up with 12 points.

Wilson had 34 points for USC.

tfan

PostPosted: 11/27/17 2:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Are you saying that they withhold TV broadcast rights in order to make more money from internet streams?

CBiebel

PostPosted: 11/27/17 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Are you saying that they withhold TV broadcast rights in order to make more money from internet streams?

From Debbie Antonelli's Twitter account:

We have been trying for a network TV partner in our 5th yr @GCShowcase w/ competitive fields & this is best we can do for now. I'm going to keep doing my job to #buildserveempower the game by helping host 2 events & soon to be 3!

https://twitter.com/debbieantonelli/status/934948327732506626

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/27/17 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

It would make sense, wouldn't it? Not for us, but for them. Sad

PostPosted: 11/27/17 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

I paid $9.95 for a month's worth of CBS College Sports Live to see 3 Tenn games in the Cancun Challenge. (I could have seen more games but lacked the time and interest.) There were 10 teams in the tournament, so I bet a good number of fans from all the schools did the same. It's not the worst way I've ever spent $9.95.

wnbashockballa

PostPosted: 11/27/17 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the #1 game most ppl wanted to see this holiday S.C. vs ND was only available for 30 freaking dollars you wouldn't even have to pay that much if u attended the tournament lol thats a game that lost what little hype it coulda gotten the #6 team defeated #3 and still as of now no mention on espn Wbb site

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: