Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 11/25/17 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Shades wrote:
It's kind of a silly notion. Being in New York City wasn't the chief motivating factor for Charles leaving Connecticut. In fact, she showed interest in playing for the Sparks at the time. It just turned out that the Liberty were a more realistic possibility.

I don’t know where you got that from. Charles wanted and ONLY wanted to play in NYC. She said so herself saying she wanted to play at the Garden because it was her dream since childhood and also that she hated the commute between CT and NYC and also becasue her family would be able to see her play all the time, which they didn’t do very often in CT because of the long and very stressful drive. She didn’t show any interest in playing for the Sparks either. It was never mentioned anywhere.

I thought you were just throwing karma shade at Charles for leaving CON. You sound very understanding of all this stuff she said after the NY deal was done. Very odd.

You're a relative newby (under this name) so you probably can't remember Charles showing her discontent with CON through twitter. She was quite Trump-like Smile . I seem to recall she was overseas teammates with Toliver at the time.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=78414&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Boo-Yah ! Exclamation Exclamation

Boo-Yah for what?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/25/17 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Shades wrote:
It's kind of a silly notion. Being in New York City wasn't the chief motivating factor for Charles leaving Connecticut. In fact, she showed interest in playing for the Sparks at the time. It just turned out that the Liberty were a more realistic possibility.

I don’t know where you got that from. Charles wanted and ONLY wanted to play in NYC. She said so herself saying she wanted to play at the Garden because it was her dream since childhood and also that she hated the commute between CT and NYC and also becasue her family would be able to see her play all the time, which they didn’t do very often in CT because of the long and very stressful drive. She didn’t show any interest in playing for the Sparks either. It was never mentioned anywhere.

I thought you were just throwing karma shade at Charles for leaving CON. You sound very understanding of all this stuff she said after the NY deal was done. Very odd.

You're a relative newby (under this name) so you probably can't remember Charles showing her discontent with CON through twitter. She was quite Trump-like Smile . I seem to recall she was overseas teammates with Toliver at the time.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=78414&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Boo-Yah for what?

For Shades having receipts to back it up and not just blabbering on a tangent like some posters.

PostPosted: 11/25/17 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Shades wrote:

Boo-Yah for what?

For Shades having receipts to back it up and not just blabbering on a tangent like some posters.

Or like some posters who try and rub it in other posters face by saying boo-yah?? I mean really? How old are you LOL. People take offense to everything in the USA. Lighten up man, I’m just poking fun. Yikes.

Queenie

PostPosted: 11/25/17 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guys, keep this bullshit out of the thread or I'm going to start putting people in timeout

PostPosted: 11/25/17 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Guys, keep this bullshit out of the thread or I'm going to start putting people in timeout

Tell me about it. Getting tired of having my opinions clobbered just because some people don’t agree with them. Last time I checked, this was a forum where people are allowed to express their opinions on women’s basketball whether they agree with those opinions or not. Some people on this board are so damn sensitive that when they fart, the sound that comes out is “shhhh”.

Queenie

PostPosted: 11/25/17 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Tell me about it. Getting tired of having my opinions clobbered just because some people don’t agree with them. Last time I checked, this was a forum where people are allowed to express their opinions on women’s basketball whether they agree with those opinions or not. Some people on this board are so damn sensitive that when they fart, the sound that comes out is “shhhh”.

People on this board express contrary opinions all the time. Some choose to do so in a fashion that respects other posters. Others do not. Such will be dealt with appropriately.

PostPosted: 11/26/17 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Does seem to suggest the value of any WNBA franchise is limited since you have no assurance of getting any of the star players if you move the team.

You're buying a franchise as a long term investment. I think the current roster or a couple of individual players is completely irrelevant to the business decision of buying a new or existing franchise.

You get the franchise and then worry about staffing it. The arena is a far more serious concern.

tfan

PostPosted: 11/27/17 1:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Buying a WNBA team could potentially give the buyer
1) players
2 )office personnel
3) a name
4) coaches
5) a way around the WNBA's alleged 10 million dollar franchise fee.

I think that the name only really has value if they stay in the same city. With the Tulsa Shock not getting four starters [McWilliams-Franklin, Smith, Nolan, Teasley], and Ford being too injured to play in the league, a future owner might discount the players. One of the Tulsa Shock owners even said that in hindsight, they should have just started an expansion team. Owners also may prefer hiring their own staff and coaches. I think that the fact that - buying is much cheaper than the alleged $10 million WNBA expansion fee - could be the number one reason for someone like Joe Lacob to buy a team rather than get an expansion team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: