RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Reason

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LFO

PostPosted: 11/22/17 8:52 pm    ::: Reason Reply Reply with quote

Sorry for the post under former moniker.....But there is a reason I have not established a new handle. Dec 11 is announcement.

justintyme

PostPosted: 11/22/17 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guessing time!

Ladylucks?

Lucky Stars?

PostPosted: 11/22/17 9:11 pm    ::: Re: Reason Reply Reply with quote

LFO wrote:
Sorry for the post under former moniker.....But there is a reason I have not established a new handle. Dec 11 is announcement.

OK, since we have three weeks to ponder this mysterious news, I'm going to take the liberty (nice phrase, right?) of posting my hopes.

I hope that there has been a dramatic change of plans.

I hope that you--or you and some group of partners--will be buying the New York Liberty. Keeping the team at Madison Square Garden or moving the team to the Barclay Center. With you as president and general manager; Katie Smith remaining as head coach; and Swin Cash, Teresa Weatherspoon, and Herb Williams staying with the franchise.

And therefore you staying with the moniker of LFO.

I'm allowed to hope, right? Smile

PostPosted: 11/22/17 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Or Las Vegas Lion(esse)s was easier to get through the trademark office.

PostPosted: 11/22/17 10:56 pm    ::: Re: Reason Reply Reply with quote

LFO wrote:

Cat's already out of the bag. They filed to keep the name the same. You can go back to your former former moniker.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 12/14/17 12:08 am    ::: Re: Reason Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
LFO wrote:

Cat's already out of the bag. They filed to keep the name the same. You can go back to your former former moniker.

Just wondering when AFO will make his first appearance here.

~rAf
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 12/14/17 11:49 am    ::: Re: Reason Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Shades wrote:
LFO wrote:

Seeing that Shades was wrong for the first time ever on this board is further proof that nobody is perfect. Surprised

Shades

PostPosted: 12/14/17 12:41 pm    ::: Re: Reason Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Shades wrote:
LFO wrote:

Seeing that Shades was wrong for the first time ever on this board is further proof that nobody is perfect. Surprised

Are you saying they didn't file for the Stars name and maybe ran into a snag? And you know that how? It was reported they filed for the Stars name.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/basketball/documents-show-wnba-files-to-name-team-las-vegas-stars/

Quote:
Las Vegas’ newly relocated WNBA team will be called the Stars — as it was in San Antonio — if its application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office is approved.

WNBA Enterprises filed the application Oct. 14 for the rights to “Las Vegas Stars” in Class 41, which includes services for sports and entertainment.

The request, which was obtained by the Review-Journal, is for “ongoing television and radio programs in the field of basketball and rendering live basketball games and basketball exhibitions,” and features the rights to use the name in conjunction with basketball clinics, camps, fan club services, entertainment services and across various media platforms.

Quote:
“The fact that they filed means that’s the name they want,” said Jennifer Ko Craft, an intellectual property attorney in Las Vegas and a partner at Dickinson Wright. “We don’t know if they’ll actually get it yet, because it hasn’t been examined.”

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 12/14/17 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they're like most teams, they applied for several names. When the New Orleans Hornets were changing their name they registered at least five.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: