RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Project Runway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smenko

PostPosted: 11/19/17 7:03 am    ::: Project Runway Reply Reply with quote

This season was one of the best. I thought the fashion statements each of the finalists brought forth were just right for their personalities and their strategic decision making of materials and color choices. It didn't really matter to me who won. They were all winners. So awesome.

sambista

PostPosted: 11/19/17 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

(spoilers!???)

i agree. the bar was high this season. i knew kenya wouldn't make the final four. she's still uncertain of herself, she didn't listen to tim's comments when he visited her workspace for the finals challenge and, while she had some interesting looks, nothing she did was original.

of fashion week, i only knew that margarita wouldn't win. like kenya, she lacked originality. colorful, trendy, hip, happening - all of those - but nothing fashion forward.

after the judges commented, i knew brandon wouldn't win. love him to death and i appreciate that he seems genuinely modest for all his talent. in the end, though, perhaps too confident.

either kintaro or ayana could've won. ayana would address a significant community (modest, islamic, however you want to define it) and, like nina said, she showed athletic, hip, sensual, all within the "modest" framework. i gave a slight nod to the judges choosing her because i thought her fashions would be more appropriately commercial for jc penney.

kintaro was the true designer, though. he was modest, thoughtful and he listened very carefully to all the critiques and made adjustments while keeping true to himself. he'll be able to edit his work to make it more commercial if needed.

all in all, i was happy with this season. i grew weary, as the contestants did, of the drama of the twins. thank gawd that was over soon and not stretched beyond painful belief, as some reality shows might've done.

since all sorts of rules were broken this season, i'd have been fine with both kintaro and ayana winning. but i'm sure someone will snatch up ayana and sponsor her going foward.

PostPosted: 11/20/17 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was surprised He won. I thought out of the four finalists, his collection was just boring. The other guys collection with the flamingos was horrible. I thought one of the ladies were going to win. The tear away from the plus sized model was epic. Can’t wait for the reunion and everyone roasts those two horrendous cheating twins. The two most annoying contestants in PR history. I hope the others fry the shit out of the both.

smenko

PostPosted: 11/21/17 1:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The twins were obnoxious. But, because they were so over the top, it became sort of entertaining to watch their antics. In a cartoonish way, that is.

smenko

PostPosted: 11/21/17 2:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, bibb...watching Kentaro's creations bobbing down the runway to his music was fascinating to watch. I was happy to see that he tidied up the Zorba the Greek white outfit by placing the black mesh in the front instead of on the side. I believe my comment to my daughter as we watched was "now I know how to dress when I want the world to go away when I'm ever in a dire depressed state." She didn't laugh, but I could not get his music out of my head as I watched his hard-work coming down the runway, marching to the tune of "dead cat." He is a unique individual, for sure, and his design technique looked impeccable. I still feel as if each designer should have won. They were all terrific.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: