DeShields over G. Williams? No way.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/13/17 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
Not sure if Diamond will like indiana.

Says who ? I would in a heartbeat and im sure pokey would too ! Gabby's stock may be falling lower than what you guys are considering !

PostPosted: 11/13/17 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
Not sure if Diamond will like indiana.

Says who ? I would in a heartbeat and im sure pokey would too ! Gabby's stock may be falling lower than what you guys are considering !

Based on?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 11/13/17 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really like G. Williams but I would take both Mitchell and Deshields before her. I'm sure that could be a huge mistake, but I've always liked Deshields and think she has the two way game, size and skill of a prototypical WNBA 2/3. Mitchell's scoring will translate. G. Williams is awesome, is a great defender and has amazing motor but her size and position at the next level is just enough of a question mark that I would put her at 4th just below Deshields and Mitchell.

Now who does Indy take between Deshields and Mitchell is what makes this draft hard to predict. And of course A. Stevens and T. McGowan could declare and become possible lottery candidates but until that happens I think it is

!. LV Wilson
2. Indy Deshields
3. Chi Mitchell
4. Chi G. Williams

Nerd2

PostPosted: 11/14/17 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

!. LV Wilson
2. Indy Deshields
3. Chi Mitchell
4. Chi G. Williams

A lot depends here on whether Deshields has a solid reason behind her flip-flop. She did transfer, state she wanted to leave a better UT legacy, then leave when Cooper was dismissed from the team. Is she a "head case" or were there additional things going on? So far, she has looked pretty decent in Turkey and that year of pro experience could make quite a difference.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 11/14/17 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

!. LV Wilson
2. Indy Deshields
3. Chi Mitchell
4. Chi G. Williams

A lot depends here on whether Deshields has a solid reason behind her flip-flop. She did transfer, state she wanted to leave a better UT legacy, then leave when Cooper was dismissed from the team. Is she a "head case" or were there additional things going on? So far, she has looked pretty decent in Turkey and that year of pro experience could make quite a difference.

I am flipping and flopping between Deshields and Mitchell at #2 (a future K. Mitchell/T. Mitchell back-court in Indy could be exciting). Deshields does have the question mark in relationship to her attitude/ego that might raise red flags with some. A year of playing professionally will give Deshields an opportunity to mature in a way she might not have had being the #1 option in Tennessee. And I think Pokey could over look some bad decision making on Deshields part in the past if the talent is there.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/14/17 12:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ClayK

PostPosted: 11/14/17 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm going with Mitchell 2, and then Williams/DeShields as the two Chicago picks. I don't think both will pan out, but one will.

I'm a lot more confident in Mitchell than Williams (position?) and DeShields (attitude?), but getting to take both Williams and DeShields mitigates the risk in each of them.

PostPosted: 11/14/17 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is laughable. All the crap talked about players who won't do this or that and you are saying Mitchell will work in the W. She doesn't play defense and Mcguff could give a rats ass so she won't be any time soon. You think she is going to play if she doesn't play defense.

FYI DD won't get away with her prima donna ways with other vets, unless it's Dallas maybe Laughing but the worry could be, if she doesn't, then she will just quit.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/14/17 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
This is laughable. All the crap talked about players who won't do this or that and you are saying Mitchell will work in the W. She doesn't play defense and Mcguff could give a rats ass so she won't be any time soon. You think she is going to play if she doesn't play defense.

FYI DD won't get away with her prima donna ways with other vets, unless it's Dallas maybe Laughing but the worry could be, if she doesn't, then she will just quit.

Smh people will never let the past rest , she's been put in the Liz Cambage pot i see . She's obviously ballin out overseas and has the best chance to do so in the W than any other rookie that will be drafted in 2018. People focus on her mental more then her talent , same as they did with Angel Mac years ago .

PostPosted: 11/14/17 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's a difference between not defending and not being able to defend ... I am not convinced Mitchell can't defend at the WNBA level. And given her offensive skills, if she turns out to be an average defender, she'll be fine.

And if DeShields harnesses her attitude and plays like McCoughtry, no question she'll be a very good player in the league.

So to me, it comes down to:

a) Is Mitchell incapable of defending in the WNBA?

b) Is DeShields' attitude going to hamper her career?

PostPosted: 11/14/17 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

And if DeShields harnesses her attitude and plays like McCoughtry, no question she'll be a very good player in the league.

My take if she plays like McCoughtry (which I think is huge reach for her) her attitude will be tolerated (just like it is for Angel.) Seems like she has all the attitude but a lot less talent than Angel.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 11/14/17 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

player comparisons ceiling to basement

Deshields McCoughtry-Nolan-Zealous-Carson(healthy)-k. Davis

Mitchell Pondexter-Hammon-Sims-Latta-R. Williams(healthy)

sigur3

PostPosted: 11/14/17 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

How are Mitchell and Hammon at all similar?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 11/14/17 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

How are Mitchell and Hammon at all similar?

Handle, scoring, strong 3 point shooting, can break down defenders to get own shot or make pass, undersized SG who can play point, circus shots, not known as great defenders

pilight

PostPosted: 11/15/17 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The actual drawing is up on .com

http://www.wnba.com/video/wnba-draft-2018-lottery-drawing/

PostPosted: 11/15/17 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
There's a difference between not defending and not being able to defend ... I am not convinced Mitchell can't defend at the WNBA level. And given her offensive skills, if she turns out to be an average defender, she'll be fine.

So to me, it comes down to:

a) Is Mitchell incapable of defending in the WNBA?

I can't imagine that if the draft was today, Mitchell wouldn't be in the top two.

This is just the usual effort by people who don't like her for some reason or want their favorite player rated/picked higher to tear her down. Same goes for DeShields (except DeShields has cooperated by giving critics so much ammunition).

In the end, they'll get drafted based on talent, and especially offensve talent, without regard to "attitude".

Just look at Mosqueda-Lewis. But for two players leaving early, she would have been the first pick in the draft, manfesting a total lack of concern both for any semblance of defense, and for any position fit. (The latter should be encouraging for Williams.). But she could shoot lights out in college. That's all that mattered.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 11/15/17 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LMAO thats choice coming from you.

I think Mitchell is actually better than Plum, now what happened with her again. Being drafted is totally different than actually playing. My comment was regarding the whole she can or can't play defense. Seems like we have some who like to rip on some players who actually do play defense and yet give others passes.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/15/17 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
I think Mitchell is actually better than Plum,

Of course Mitchell is better than Plum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: