RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

South Carolina @ Maryland - 11/13/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
South Carolina
100%
 100%  [ 16 ]
Maryland
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/14/17 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
Both teams are dumb defensively. Is it the coaches or the players not following the scout, I mean everyone and their dog knows Wilson is gonna go left! The games I have watched so far - the defense barring Uconn major players of course is way down. There will be shootouts all year if this doesn't improve.

Sheryl Swoopes won three MVP awards going left more often than your average NASCAR driver.

But you would think the game has progressed since then. Every time A'ja got the ball, I would shout 'she's going left' but somehow the Maryland defense never heard me through my tv. Very Happy Admittedly she's pretty damn good at going left and was getting all the calls, but still...I expect better from the scout.

Yep, you would think, if thinking while sitting on a couch watching a basketball game on a TV is all you had to do. But if you actually had to play these athletes instead - like the other players have to do - I bet you'd still be thinking to yourself "she's going left!" as A'ja goes to her left over and over scoring 30 pts on you while you defended her.....

Rolling Eyes

just a bit tetchy eh? Yeah, in my day the opponents weren't as big, fast, or athletic as they are today so you're probably right about that. Trust me, I've earned the right to sit on the couch though. And I already said she is very good, but also that the opponents weren't responding very smartly to the scout (or perhaps the scout itself wasn't very good). Maryland has good enough players that I think they could have done more to get/keep the ball out of her hands. They weren't making any attempt to not let her get the pass and were doing very little doubling. That to me, was stupid. And I also think, for her own sake, to be effective at the next level, she needs to develop something going right. Because I guarantee you the W players won't let her go only to her left unimpeded. (and neither will UConn)

- Amanda Gorman
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/14/17 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This abusively discriminatory leftyism has to be stopped. No one ever hectors righties because they go right.
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 11/15/17 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SC getting a little defensive hey Myrtle Laughing Even Stanford wouldn't let her go left and Tara would bench every player who let her go left Wink As I said I am not sure whether the players are dumb or the coaches they are playing against don't scout. Why get defensive, as Myrtle says she has to learn or you can forget her scoring in the W.

linkster

PostPosted: 11/15/17 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The problem wasn't that the defenders didn't overplay her on her left, it was that they let her establish a seal 2 feet from the basket over and over again.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 11/15/17 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Except when she was facing the basket they let her go straight to her left Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: