RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

social media/modern communication-type question for all
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 11/14/17 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No, I don’t actually get a choice. Are you kidding. You think the jammer runs this show?

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/14/17 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I use email for 99% of my electronic communication and texting on a phone for the other 1%.

I'd like to clarify that this refers to WRITTEN electronic communications. I'd much rather talk by voice than by typing if I'm having an actual conversation with someone. That's too tedious by email and impossible with texting, which I can't tolerate for more than three sentences.

For phone texting, I just use Verizon's standard Android messaging app, and only because its the first one I've ever used. It does everything I need, which isn't much, compared to what I now read about WhatsApp.

Aside from the Android apps that came standard on my Moto X Pure, I've installed only five other apps and use only two of them regularly: Napster for music and one for weather.

I have no account with any social media (unless YouTube is considered such) and never will. It actually scares me that people use these biased algorithm sources for news and information.
Howee

PostPosted: 11/15/17 6:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay....now I'm pondering things, and I have a conversation re: this topic with an IT guy (works for a large pharma co), and I ask him his opinion on whatsapp. His take was, "Meh". He claimed his family (2 teenagers) was more plugged into LINE and Viber. (....something about emojis, and being able to add bunny ears to someone's face while talking???)

I sincerely hope my life can continue without any of this. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: