View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/11/17 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
WNBA Prospects biggest Lines from late night:

Jordin Canada: 3PT: 4-4 Triple-Double: Pts 26 ast 10 stls 10 rebs 6

Stephanie Mavunga: 17 PTS, 26 REBS

Kelsey Mitchell: 30 pts

We should start our own prospect watch thread for the top seniors !

PostPosted: 11/11/17 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
And that shows.... well nothing really they are all relative to the competition

I agree, toad should have pointed out who they were playing. OSU was playing Stanford. UCLA was playing San Jose St. Any difference between those two clubs?

bballjunkie wrote:
i.e. Mitchell was gunning taking some bad shots and not particularly good decision making

It looked like OSU was using a 4 guard system. Mitchell's three teammate guards shot 11-42, which equates to 26.2%. So was this bad decision making to dish the ball to one of these teammates?

Mitchell shot 10-23 which is 43.5%. She missed too many threes (3-11), so maybe that's considered "bad shots/decision making"? But if she has an open look, I don't think it should be considered a bad decision just because it didn't go in.

What toad didn't mention is Mitchell also got 6 reb, 5 ast, and only 1 TO.
Having only one turnover kinda goes against the notion of poor decision making. That's a pretty nice line against a ranked team.

bballjunkie wrote:
with the usual no D from Ohio St.

The final score was 85-64 OSU, so who had the better D? It's Stanford who is traditionally known for defense, but not really showing that last night, unless this year keeping OSU under 100 pts is considered worthy defense.

bballjunkie wrote:
Canada's possibly showing she hit a couple 3s and hopefully will continue to do so.

But like you said right off the bat, it's relative to competition. UCLA played San Jose St.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 11/11/17 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hard to get excited about scouting when your pick is No. 16. Seems that at best maybe someone like Vivians, S. Thomas, Nurse, or Greenwell might be around if Dream are really lucky or perhaps a better prospect who suffers an injury (e.g. Achonwa or Harrison a few years ago.)

Shades

PostPosted: 11/11/17 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This just in: Lexie Brown would like to get drafted by the Sparks.

Last edited by Shades on 11/12/17 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/12/17 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
This just in: Lexis Brown would like to get drafted by the Sparks.

Thats what she stated last season , but i asked her on IG live and she stated Minnesota or DC now smh these kids change there minds like draws!

PostPosted: 11/12/17 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reeve and Krauskopf checking out the Ohio St tournament

LibFan25

PostPosted: 11/12/17 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
This just in: Lexis Brown would like to get drafted by the Sparks.

Thats what she stated last season , but i asked her on IG live and she stated Minnesota or DC now smh these kids change there minds like draws!

Lol I'm watching the Duke vs GCU game on ESPN3 her Dad just got interviewed he works for the LA Clippers.

So that could maybe part of the reason she wants to be drafted by the Sparks

Shades

PostPosted: 11/12/17 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More WNBA reps at the Ohio St tournament

zune69

PostPosted: 11/12/17 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All of that Kia Nurse hype just to see her shoot 1-8 from the field.and Mavunga going from 17p/26r to 4p/6r.

At least Mitchell played great in both games to start the season.

blaase22

PostPosted: 11/12/17 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
All of that Kia Nurse hype just to see her shoot 1-8 from the field.and Mavunga going from 17p/26r to 4p/6r.

Nurse has hype? A lot of us think she's end of the first round/second round material.

blaase22

PostPosted: 11/12/17 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Asia Durr
Doesn't she turn 21 just before the draft? Maybe she can declare ?

zune69

PostPosted: 11/12/17 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Nurse has hype? A lot of us think she's end of the first round/second round material.

1 for 8 is bad,even for a 2nd rounder.But it's only one game.

toad455

PostPosted: 11/12/17 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nurse is a prospect?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 11/12/17 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Asia Durr
Doesn't she turn 21 just before the draft? Maybe she can declare ?

Nope

zune69

PostPosted: 11/12/17 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Nurse is a prospect?

Some Liberty fans are very high on Nurse...I believe she's overrated,or at least was overrated at the start of last season when espn picked Nurse as a preseason top 10 player.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/13/17 12:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Nurse is a prospect?

Some Liberty fans are very high on Nurse...I believe she's overrated,or at least was overrated at the start of last season when espn picked Nurse as a preseason top 10 player.

+Wings Fans
KLS is the real jewel of that team. Im sure every W team wouldn't mind adding her to the fold!

PostPosted: 11/13/17 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My take on Nurse

She has the size, athleticism, skill, defense and experience (UConn, Senior National Team Canada) to make the transition to the W and have a long career as a decent role player.

She is not the top of my list for NY at #10 (there are some other players at different position or with more potential that I would prefer) but she is a safe pick at #10 that I would be OK with (I actually think she will be picked at #9 by Sun, but could last to an early/mid 2nd rounder, maybe the Sun's 2nd round pick from Atl at #15/16).

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 11/13/17 3:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Nurse is a prospect?

+Wings Fans
KLS is the real jewel of that team. Im sure every W team wouldn't mind adding her to the fold!

LouUconn had a great shooting game like she normally does, and I was happy to see her defending the post, but I’m not sure I would take her 1st over all in 2019, Brown from Baylor is a Top 2 pick next year.
LibFan25

PostPosted: 11/13/17 6:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
My take on Nurse

She has the size, athleticism, skill, defense and experience (UConn, Senior National Team Canada) to make the transition to the W and have a long career as a decent role player.

She is not the top of my list for NY at #10 (there are some other players at different position or with more potential that I would prefer) but she is a safe pick at #10 that I would be OK with (I actually think she will be picked at #9 by Sun, but could last to an early/mid 2nd rounder, maybe the Sun's 2nd round pick from Atl at #15/16).

That's exactly how I feel about Nurse. But I do notice some inconsistencies in her game, maybe that has to do with the team she's on, obviously it's loaded so anybody in that team on any day can have a great game

LibFan25

PostPosted: 11/13/17 6:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Nurse is a prospect?

+Wings Fans

LouUconn had a great shooting game like she normally does, and I was happy to see her defending the post, but I’m not sure I would take her 1st over all in 2019, Brown from Baylor is a Top 2 pick next year.

Lol If Asia Durr keeps playing like she did last night which I doubt she will average 47 a game lol she will get some consideration at # 1

Right now I think its

KLS
Brown
Durr
Collier

dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/13/17 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One game does not a season make...let's remember that both good and bad.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 11/13/17 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Shades"][quote="bballjunkie"]And that shows.... well nothing really they are all relative to the competition[/quote]

I agree, toad should have pointed out who they were playing. OSU was playing Stanford. UCLA was playing San Jose St. Any difference between those two clubs?

[quote="bballjunkie"]i.e. Mitchell was gunning taking some bad shots and not particularly good decision making[/quote]

It looked like OSU was using a 4 guard system. Mitchell's three teammate guards shot 11-42, which equates to 26.2%. So was this bad decision making to dish the ball to one of these teammates?

Mitchell shot 10-23 which is 43.5%. She missed too many threes (3-11), so maybe that's considered "bad shots/decision making"? But if she has an open look, I don't think it should be considered a bad decision just because it didn't go in.

What toad didn't mention is Mitchell also got 6 reb, 5 ast, and only 1 TO.
Having only one turnover kinda goes against the notion of poor decision making. That's a pretty nice line against a ranked team.

[quote="bballjunkie"]with the usual no D from Ohio St.[/quote]

The final score was 85-64 OSU, so who had the better D? It's Stanford who is traditionally known for defense, but not really showing that last night, unless this year keeping OSU under 100 pts is considered worthy defense.

[quote="bballjunkie"]Canada's possibly showing she hit a couple 3s and hopefully will continue to do so.[/quote]

But like you said right off the bat, it's relative to competition. UCLA played San Jose St.[/quote

Yes that's partly what I meant but it's more to do with what she brings to the table at the next level. Does she make her teammates better or do they never expect to get the ball. What shots is she choosing in time and flow? If she does not commit to playing any kind of D she is just another Overhyped Plum.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/13/17 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Nurse is a prospect?

+Wings Fans

If im picking for my wings then of course id rather have Kalani 1st , but Ill bet my House KLS wins ROY in 2019. Her untapped potential has so much room to grow. Her size , Shooting ability showing some aggression going to the rack and the way she posts up puts her in an elite class.

PostPosted: 11/13/17 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="#Occasionalwnbafan"][quote="WNBA 09"][quote="zune69"][quote="toad455"]Nurse is a prospect?[/quote]

Some Liberty fans are very high on Nurse...I believe she's overrated,or at least was overrated at the start of last season when espn picked Nurse as a preseason top 10 player.[/quote]

+Wings Fans
KLS is the real jewel of that team. Im sure every W team wouldn't mind adding her to the fold![/quote]

LouUconn had a great shooting game like she normally does, and I was happy to see her defending the post, but I’m not sure I would take her 1st over all in 2019, Brown from Baylor is a Top 2 pick next year.[/quote]

LMAO Of course you wouldn't you have been dissing her since day one.

For others, problem with Brown is she is slow and teams seem to be going away from the slow bigs with the defensive 3 secs and wanting more space.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/13/17 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I'll bet my House KLS wins ROY in 2019

That would be awfully reckless.

WNBA 09 wrote:
Her untapped potential has so much room to grow.

This is her third year with Geno and her potential is still untapped?

WNBA 09 wrote:
Her size , shooting ability showing some aggression going to the rack and the way she posts up puts her in an elite class.

You're making her sound like Delle Donne. Shocked
In that case, I'll pass. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 22 of 93

Jump to: