RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rutgers extends CViv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClayK

PostPosted: 11/03/17 10:08 am    ::: Rutgers extends CViv Reply Reply with quote

I nearly spit my coffee through my nose ... at 69, CViv got a four-year extension from Rutgers.

There's not caring about women's basketball, and really not caring about women's basketball.

PostPosted: 11/03/17 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It seems the Rutgers administration equates Stringer to womens basketball. They are one and the same. I suspect they believe supporting CViv with another contract demonstrates their support for women's basketball and for women coaches.

So in their own misguided way, I suspect they believe they are showing they care about WBB. They're wrong, but probably think this is a good thing.

Or maybe I'm giving them way too much credit, and they're just lazy.

Either way this is ridiculous.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/03/17 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why Lawd , Why...Poor Scarlet Knights , wish they could become competitive again.

PostPosted: 11/03/17 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They'll extend C.Viv until she's dead...or beyond. Look for the skeleton on the bench.....

PostPosted: 11/03/17 1:15 pm    ::: Re: Rutgers extends CViv Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I nearly spit my coffee through my nose ... at 69, CViv got a four-year extension from Rutgers.

There's not caring about women's basketball, and really not caring about women's basketball.

Rutgers still has NO recruits for 2018. Maybe she argued that she needs the optics of an extension to get recruits to commit. If so, the AD would have been wise to include a very cheap buyout if she flounders again this year.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/03/17 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charlaine gets a base salary of $775,000 this year with automatic $50,000 raises, regardless of performance, in each of the following three years -- raises that are more than the average yearly salary of most people. On top of that, she's eligible for $690,000 a year from a cornucopia of bonuses. It's all detailed here:

http://www.nj.com/rutgerswomen/index.ssf/2017/11/c_vivian_stringer_inks_4-year_extension_does_rutge.html

Stringer is the fourth highest paid person at Rutgers, which probably means she's the fourth highest paid state employee in the People's Republic of Goldfinch.

What has she done to deserve this Noachian flood of riches? Over the past 10 years she's piloted her ark from being the NC runner-up to a 6-24 record.
Queenie

PostPosted: 11/03/17 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd say "Rutgers STAAAAAAHP", but, well, I'm a Johnnie and a Pirate and sometimes even a Wolverine, so I'm perfectly okay with C. Viv running the ship right into the iceberg if it means my teams get the players she's not paying attention to.

(now with spelling variations)
LitePal

PostPosted: 11/03/17 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Although denied, it sounds like they're trying to keep "the living legend" around Rutgers while she gracefully bows out. That way, she can do PR for the school, Rutgers can hire another coach and they can claim they treated CVS with great dignity. Rutgers currently runs a larger deficit than all the Big Ten combined. Combined. Think about that for a second. It's also been said that Rutgers is siphoning off money earmarked for academics to keep athletic afloat. This is a disgrace.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/05/17 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yougottabefuckingkiddingme.

PostPosted: 11/06/17 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fame is hard to give up. Sad day for both C. Viv and Rutgers.

stever

PostPosted: 11/08/17 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/index.ssf/2017/11/rutgers_lands_zipporah_broughton_best_hs_recruit_t.html

Quote:
The Alabama native reportedly had more than 40 scholarship offers and narrowed her choices to Rutgers, Florida and Kentucky. She is the highest-rated high school prospect to commit to Rutgers since Tyler Scaife, who was ranked No. 9 in the class of 2013.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: