RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Notre Dame revokes birth control coverage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/01/17 11:02 am    ::: Notre Dame revokes birth control coverage Reply Reply with quote

http://indianapublicmedia.org/news/notre-dame-drop-birth-control-named-pending-aclu-lawsuit-130641/

MAGA!!

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/01/17 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's also a thread on the women's bball page.

Anyway, there has already been a lawsuit filed.

Quote:
Two advocacy groups have filed a federal lawsuit in Indiana challenging a rule change by President Donald Trump’s administration allowing more employers to opt out of no-cost birth control for workers.
The suit was filed Tuesday on behalf of five women at risk of being denied birth control coverage, including three University of Notre Dame students.

http://wane.com/2017/11/01/lawsuit-targets-rollback-of-birth-control-rule/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 11/01/17 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about having an iota of personal responsibility? Nobody wants to pay for your contraception, especially a church which has taken exception to being forced to pay for something (by Obama-era regulations) they are against in the first place.
You want to have sex and then turn around and expect everyone else to pay for it... boo hoo. I expect a different pretty girl every day of the year to service me. Should I be expecting the taxpayers to pick up that bill too?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/01/17 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
How about having an iota of personal responsibility? Nobody wants to pay for your contraception, especially a church which has taken exception to being forced to pay for something (by Obama-era regulations) they are against in the first place.
You want to have sex and then turn around and expect everyone else to pay for it... boo hoo. I expect a different pretty girl every day of the year to service me. Should I be expecting the taxpayers to pick up that bill too?

I really appreciate the view you give into the MAGA world. It is a fascinating place. Thank you so much.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/01/17 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

move aside
and let the douche go thru
let the douche go thru

PostPosted: 11/01/17 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:

I expect insurance to cover things like immunizations, which are designed to prevent unwanted medical conditions. Birth control is exactly this.

As for religion, should they be able to determine the health care decisions of their employees? If I work for a Jehovha Witness owned company, should they be able to refuse to pay for insurance policies that cover blood transfusions? Where do we draw the line on what policies they can choose not to cover?

PostPosted: 11/01/17 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

I expect insurance to cover things like immunizations, which are designed to prevent unwanted medical conditions. Birth control is exactly this.

As for religion, should they be able to determine the health care decisions of their employees? If I work for a Jehovha Witness owned company, should they be able to refuse to pay for insurance policies that cover blood transfusions? Where do we draw the line on what policies they can choose not to cover?

You know the answer to this. We draw the line where hardcore Evangelicals and other Christian extremists want it. We always have.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 11/01/17 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:

And if one of those random girls happened to get pregnant with your baby, I am assuming you would be happy to take financial responsibility?

justintyme

PostPosted: 11/01/17 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

And if one of those random girls happened to get pregnant with your baby, I am assuming you would be happy to take financial responsibility?

Also leave his job for a period of time with minimal to no compensation, and because of his "choice", set back his career opportunities significantly.

Access to birth control is perhaps the single most important factor in women's health.

PostPosted: 11/01/17 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
move aside
let the douche go thru

Do you have an actual point to make, or are you just here to throw personal insults?

PostPosted: 11/01/17 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

Access to birth control is perhaps the single most important factor in women's health.

I'm not sure women with breast cancer, heart disease, or a multitude of serious or fatal illnesses would agree with that statement.

Nevertheless, the issue isn't access to birth control, but who pays for it and how much does it cost. All women have access. As to cost without insurance, birth control pills have been available at Walmart for $9 per month since 2007. Target has a similar program. What's $9 a month -- two frappe latte fizzles at Starbucks? Three slices of pizza? One-third of a Minnesota Lynx ticket (just guessing)?

And, remember, the faculty and staff women we're talking about are employees; they have well-paying jobs.

Let's also not forget that classical birth control cost generations of women and men, such as everyone in my family, absolutely nothing. It's called the rhythm method, and simply requires a little planning and discipline. It's available to anyone -- without charge, without prescription, and without risky tinkering with one's hormonal system.
Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 11/02/17 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:

Yeah it's called responsibility.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 11/02/17 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Also leave his job for a period of time with minimal to no compensation, and because of his "choice", set back his career opportunities significantly.

It's called vacation time. You use it without any setbacks to your career. And you get paid too, imagine that.

justintyme wrote:

Great platitude there. Because every gas station, pharmacy and supermarket isn't already selling condoms. Thanks for your extrmely valuable input. You know, aside from the fact that it's nowhere near the single most important factor. Also, taxpayers don't need to cover the costs of your sexual activity. That's YOUR choice. YOU pay for it.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 11/02/17 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
move aside
let the douche go thru

Do you have an actual point to make, or are you just here to throw personal insults?

move aside
let the douche go thru

PostPosted: 11/07/17 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Being provided at no cost.

Quote:
On Tuesday, Notre Dame announced that Meritain Health/OptumRx will continue to provide contraceptives at no charge to plan members or to the university.

https://www.wthr.com/article/notre-dame-to-allow-no-cost-contraceptive-coverage-for-employees

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/07/17 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Quote:
On Tuesday, Notre Dame announced that Meritain Health/OptumRx will continue to provide contraceptives at no charge to plan members or to the university.

https://www.wthr.com/article/notre-dame-to-allow-no-cost-contraceptive-coverage-for-employees

I thought their deeply held beliefs were so important?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/07/17 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the insurer is doing it on its own without charging the school.

justintyme

PostPosted: 11/07/17 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
I think the insurer is doing it on its own without charging the school.

I thought I read somewhere that it actually costs the insurers less to cover contraception than to not, now that maternity has to be covered under the EHBs.

PostPosted: 11/08/17 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Quote:

I thought their deeply held beliefs were so important?

Christians and their beliefs...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: