RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Jeff Beauregard Sessions III

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 11/03/17 11:50 am    ::: Jeff Beauregard Sessions III Reply Reply with quote

dSessions must have gotten an F in Lawyering 101 at the University of Alabama . He was asked by Al Franken in the spring: "If there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?".

Franken was only asking if he would recuse himself.

Instead, Sessions answered a question he wasn't asked: "I have been called a surrogate a time or two in that campaign, and I didn't have, did not have communications with the Russians".

It later was reported that Sessions met three times with the Russian ambassador. He then changed his story to "I have not met with any Russians at any time to discuss any political campaign" and on twitter said "I never met with any Russian officials to discuss issues of the campaign".

But the spooks had intercepted communications of the ambassador back to the Kremlin and he said that he had had two substantial conversations on policy with Sessions. The DOJ then released a statement saying that Sessions had not discussed "interference in the campaign".

Then this fall Franken asked "What in your view constitutes 'issues of the campaign'".

So Franken is only asking about the fact that Sessions has changed his answer on what he discussed with the Russian ambassador.

Sessions responded that he had "no improper discussions with the Russians at any time regarding the campaign or any other issue". And later says at some point in statements he appeared to have rehearsed: "I've committed myself to a high level of public service to, to reach the highest standards of ethics and decency in my service, to be honest about things that I say". Then he recalls his answer in the spring where he said "I'm not aware of those activities" (contacts between the Russians and the Trump campaign) and adds "And I wasn't! and am not! I don't believe they occurred". So he responds again to something he wasn't asked about - he was asked about his discussions with the ambassador and he goes and widens it to any discussions by the campaign.

And then we find out Carter Page told him he was going to Russia (for what I think was characterized as non-campaign work) and he was in a meeting with Papadopolous where Papadopolous discussed his desire to setup a metting between Trump and Putin.

Sessions twice took the opportunity to answer a question he wasn't asked, and lied in his answer. And he is head of the Justice Department and was a Senator and should be well aware of the power of the spooks.

sambista

PostPosted: 11/03/17 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beauregard. don't get more old-school southern than that.

he's going down.

PostPosted: 11/03/17 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:

he's going down.

Like a gay lion.

PostPosted: 11/03/17 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
sambista wrote:

he's going down.

Like a gay lion.

Oh, JEEEE-ZUZ. Don't play that *gay card* here, dude....he AIN'T deserving!! Razz Laughing

PostPosted: 11/03/17 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
justintyme wrote:
sambista wrote:

he's going down.

Like a gay lion.

Oh, JEEEE-ZUZ. Don't play that *gay card* here, dude....he AIN'T deserving!! Razz Laughing

Laughing So true. Laughing

PostPosted: 11/03/17 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
beauregard. don't get more old-school southern than that.

he's going down.

Sure it does. He could be Jefferson Beauregard. Oh. Wait.

(now with spelling variations)
PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/03/17 10:43 pm    ::: Re: Jeff Beauregard Sessions III Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

Sessions twice took the opportunity to answer a question he wasn't asked, and lied in his answer. And he is head of the Justice Department and was a Senator and should be well aware of the power of the spooks.

It has a name. It is perjury. The Attorney General committed perjury (a felony) and it is part of the public record. Not only is he not being prosecuted for the felony he committed, he is, somehow, still attorney general.

tfan

PostPosted: 11/03/17 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don’t Convict Jeff Sessions of Perjury Just Yet

"Not all lies, even under oath, are prosecutable crimes."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: