RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

8 killed as truck plows into pedestrians in downtown NYC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 11/01/17 8:29 am    ::: 8 killed as truck plows into pedestrians in downtown NYC Reply Reply with quote

http://nypost.com/2017/10/31/8-killed-truck-pedestrians-downtown-nyc-terror-attack/
Quote:
A terrorist in a rental truck sped for nearly a mile down a popular bike-only path in lower Manhattan on Tuesday — killing eight people in the shadow of the World Trade Center and then shouting, “Allahu Akbar.”

In related news, President Trump calls for an end to the Diversity Visa Lottery Program which allowed this terrorist to live in the United States:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/11/01/extreme-right-gins-up-a-culprit-for-n-y-terror-attack-chuck-schumer/

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/01/17 11:04 am    ::: Re: 8 killed as truck plows into pedestrians in downtown NYC Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
http://nypost.com/2017/10/31/8-killed-truck-pedestrians-downtown-nyc-terror-attack/
Quote:
A terrorist in a rental truck sped for nearly a mile down a popular bike-only path in lower Manhattan on Tuesday — killing eight people in the shadow of the World Trade Center and then shouting, “Allahu Akbar.”

In related news, President Trump calls for an end to the Diversity Visa Lottery Program which allowed this terrorist to live in the United States:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/11/01/extreme-right-gins-up-a-culprit-for-n-y-terror-attack-chuck-schumer/

I thought it was a time for thoughts and prayers. Isn't this politicizing a tragedy? That's what we were all told when almost 600 people were shot last month.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 11/01/17 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's all you have to say about this? When did I ever say that? Why is it OK to politicize everything else in the news except for the one tragedy that was a direct result of politicizing our immigration policy?

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 11/01/17 1:06 pm    ::: Re: 8 killed as truck plows into pedestrians in downtown NYC Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I thought it was a time for thoughts and prayers. Isn't this politicizing a tragedy? That's what we were all told when almost 600 people were shot last month.

Actually, I remember EXACTLY what I was told by Chuck Schumer after the Las Vegas shooting:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/chuck-schumer-we-must-respond-to-las-vegas-shooting/article/2636307
Quote:
Schumer said that despite its best wishes, President Trump and Congress can't "banish evil from the earth," but said they can pass laws to keep guns from falling into the hands of the wrong people.

In other words, we need to pass some laws restricting people's rights in the wake of this tragedy.

I also remember when Schumer had this little comment after Sandy Hook:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/chuck-schumer-guns_n_2312119.html
Quote:
"We've been gridlocked," he said on CBS's Face The Nation. "We need a new paradigm because both sides are in the corner and they could come to the middle. Those of who are pro-gun control have to admit that there is a Second Amendment right to bear arms... once we establish that there is a constitutional right to bear arms we should have the right admit, and maybe they'll be more willing to admit, that no amendment is absolute after all."

Sounds to me like he wanted to repeal the Second Amendment in the wake of this mass shooting!

After Hurricane Katrina, Chuck Schumer called for the removal of FEMA head Michael Brown. After his removal, Schumer said that removing Michael Brown "wasn't enough." No lessons were ever learned.

Then, after being called out on being instrumental on the Diversity Visa Lottery Program, Senator Schumer had THIS to say:
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/358167-schumer-fires-back-at-trump-i-guess-its-not-too-soon-to-politicize-a-tragedy

Quote:
I guess it's not too soon to politicize a tragedy

Now I can come up with several other examples of natural disasters or mass murders that Chuck Schumer has used as an opportunity to politicize, but when we get a mass murder that he is directly responsible for, now all of a sudden we can't talk about how HIS policies are the root cause of this tragedy? Bullshit!

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/01/17 2:04 pm    ::: Re: 8 killed as truck plows into pedestrians in downtown NYC Reply Reply with quote

How interesting that you got the talking points to focus on Chuck Schumer. Such a coincidence throughout MAGA!-land today.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 11/01/17 2:21 pm    ::: Re: 8 killed as truck plows into pedestrians in downtown NYC Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
How interesting that you got the talking points to focus on Chuck Schumer. Such a coincidence throughout MAGA!-land today.

Well it's pretty interesting that your knee-jerk reaction was to not politicize the story. Where did you get your marching orders from?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/01/17 2:26 pm    ::: Re: 8 killed as truck plows into pedestrians in downtown NYC Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Well it's pretty interesting that your knee-jerk reaction was to not politicize the story. Where did you get your marching orders from?

Do you seriously no understand that my first post was not me saying we shouldn't politicize it, but instead pointing out the irony of MAGA!-world's hypocrisy that you were so beautifully demonstrating? Do you really not understand that?

KatValeska

PostPosted: 11/02/17 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” - Dresden James.

China's official news sources are more likely to provide an honest account of events than our MSM. We cannot rely on any corporate-sourced media, be it broadcast, print or online.

Our fourth estate is dead and any alternative, honest media is labeled as far left, far right, conspiracy theory or some other words we've been trained to dismiss upon hearing.

I cannot fathom how anyone believes the official accounts of the Las Vegas shooting. The questions not being asked are the true slap in the face to the victims and their families.

An official news conference ends. Then the network or cable news anchor will follow it up with "So there you have it." Yeah, that's hardcore journalism.

At best, at least one of our intelligence agencies knew damn well these terror attacks were going to happen.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 11/02/17 8:19 am    ::: Re: 8 killed as truck plows into pedestrians in downtown NYC Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Do you seriously no understand that my first post was not me saying we shouldn't politicize it, but instead pointing out the irony of MAGA!-world's hypocrisy that you were so beautifully demonstrating? Do you really not understand that?

I "yes" understand that you were demonstrating your hypocrisy by your only reaction to the story which was to talk about politicizing. Which by the way you demonstrated by discussing only that and not the attack at hand. That was all you had to say about it. I wonder why?

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/02/17 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/11/schumer-diversity-visa-lottery/

In 1990, Schumer was instrumental in helping to create the program, which ultimately established a lottery to provide visas to qualified applicants from countries with low immigration rates. The bill that created it was supported by a bipartisan group of legislators and signed by President George H.W. Bush.
Schumer, the Democratic leader in the Senate, also was part of the bipartisan Gang of Eight in 2013 that sponsored an immigration overhaul that would have done away with the diversity visa program.

[i]The diversity visa program has its roots in the Immigration Act of 1990, a bipartisan bill passed in late 1990 that sought to increase and restructure immigration into the U.S.
Earlier that year, Schumer, then serving on the House immigration subcommittee, introduced the Employment-Related Immigration Act of 1990. Part of that bill called for a special category of visas to be offered annually to “diversity immigrants” from “low-admission regions.”
Some of that bill was later folded into the Family Unity and Employment Opportunity Immigration Act of 1990. According to the bill summary, it “[p]rovides for preference allocation systems for admission of family-sponsored, employment-based, and diversity immigrants, respectively. Bases diversity immigration on identification of low-admission states and regions.”
The bill — which had 32 co-sponsors, including Schumer and seven Republicans — passed the House 231-192 with a majority of Democrats voting for it, and a majority of Republicans against it.
The Senate version of the bill, the Immigration Act of 1990, sponsored by Sen. Ted Kennedy, included similar provisions for “Diversity Immigrants.” Under the bill, diversity visa applicants were required to have a high school education or its equivalent or “two years of work experience in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience.” It passed the Senate overwhelmingly, 89-8. The bill received wide Republican support, including from Sen. Mitch McConnell, now the Senate majority leader. It was signed into law by Republican President George H.W. Bush.

[/i]

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/02/17 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't remember seeing/hearing anything about how/when/where the LV shooter was "radicalized".

PostPosted: 11/02/17 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KatValeska wrote:
“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” - Dresden James.

Best Quote on Area 51 this year! Cool

PostPosted: 11/03/17 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
http://www.factcheck.org/2017/11/schumer-diversity-visa-lottery/

In 1990, Schumer was instrumental in helping to create the program, which ultimately established a lottery to provide visas to qualified applicants from countries with low immigration rates. The bill that created it was supported by a bipartisan group of legislators and signed by President George H.W. Bush.
Schumer, the Democratic leader in the Senate, also was part of the bipartisan Gang of Eight in 2013 that sponsored an immigration overhaul that would have done away with the diversity visa program.

The diversity visa program has its roots in the Immigration Act of 1990, a bipartisan bill passed in late 1990 that sought to increase and restructure immigration into the U.S.
Earlier that year, Schumer, then serving on the House immigration subcommittee, introduced the Employment-Related Immigration Act of 1990. Part of that bill called for a special category of visas to be offered annually to “diversity immigrants” from “low-admission regions.”
Some of that bill was later folded into the Family Unity and Employment Opportunity Immigration Act of 1990. According to the bill summary, it “provides for preference allocation systems for admission of family-sponsored, employment-based, and diversity immigrants, respectively. Bases diversity immigration on identification of low-admission states and regions.”
The bill — which had 32 co-sponsors, including Schumer and seven Republicans — passed the House 231-192 with a majority of Democrats voting for it, and a majority of Republicans against it.
The Senate version of the bill, the Immigration Act of 1990, sponsored by Sen. Ted Kennedy, included similar provisions for “Diversity Immigrants.” Under the bill, diversity visa applicants were required to have a high school education or its equivalent or “two years of work experience in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience.” It passed the Senate overwhelmingly, 89-8. The bill received wide Republican support, including from Sen. Mitch McConnell, now the Senate majority leader. It was signed into law by Republican President George H.W. Bush.

This is absolutely 100% correct. I'm surprised you actually posted this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: