RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Discrimination lawsuit at NMSU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucks4now

PostPosted: 11/02/17 3:18 am    ::: Discrimination lawsuit at NMSU Reply Reply with quote

As a libertarian, I consider this reverse discrinination.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/nmsu/2017/09/21/nmsu-womens-basketball-coaching-prospect-title-ix-discrimination-lawsuit/689036001/

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/02/17 7:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"God has shown me how evil sports really are."

Why would anyone with this belief even consider coaching?

Why would a school hire someone with that belief?

I don't care about the sexual orientation of any of the parties involved. From that one statement, I wouldn't want her on my staff. I wouldn't want her coaching my child.

Unless she can somehow prove to me that she has been shown a different reality. Guaranteed, it would be a hard prove.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Queenie

PostPosted: 11/02/17 7:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think it's the orientation so much as it's the "homosexuality is evil, God didn't make people gay, your immortal soul is doomed if you're gay" nonsense she was spewing. I know that if I had a daughter, I'd want to keep her the hell away from this woman.

I also like the part that she's suing about a job that Trakh apparently wasn't even authorized to offer, and that would have been gone anyway because Trakh left the school. Congratulations, Ms. LeNoir, you've pretty much made yourself kryptonite to any school that isn't so conservative Liberty side-eyes it.

(now with spelling variations)
summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/02/17 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I don't think it's the orientation so much as it's the "homosexuality is evil, God didn't make people gay, your immortal soul is doomed if you're gay" nonsense she was spewing. I know that if I had a daughter, I'd want to keep her the hell away from this woman.

I also like the part that she's suing about a job that Trakh apparently wasn't even authorized to offer, and that would have been gone anyway because Trakh left the school. Congratulations, Ms. LeNoir, you've pretty much made yourself kryptonite to any school that isn't so conservative Liberty side-eyes it.

Exactly, Queenie. Whether or not she says anything, her "belief" is bound to show through and people are going to notice and feel it. She can go coach at some "conservative Christian" school where people believe like she does. Besides the whole thing is moot now. I see this being thrown out of court, if not laughed out at some level.

PostPosted: 11/02/17 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If sports are evil, then why are you wanting to get a job in SPORTS?

PostPosted: 11/04/17 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have never met better young human beings than student athletes. Followed by astonishing transmutations into brilliant, motivated, beautiful and productive professionals with a proclivity for teaching values of the highest quality.

I support her right to speak her mind and to seek redress. If I were her friend, however, I'd recommend at least considering a career change.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 11/04/17 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I truly feel sorry for Camille Lenoir. She seems like a wonderful, caring individual who could do tremendous things both on and off the court. She seems to have a deep belief in doing good and trying to make the world a better place.

Unfortunately she has been let down by the same religion that has generally established such a strong mental compass in her. She has confused her general beliefs in love of humanity, charity and compassion with a hatred of homosexuality that has nothing to do to with those things. She has also confused healthy competition which promotes excellence with hatred of the opposition. While their are some coaches that may take that approach, and there are some coaches that may unnecessarily run down their own players in pursuit of perfection, the majority of coaches don't.

It appears she has never developed a strong enough sense of self. It may be that is how she found herself in a homosexual relationship. I suspect she was not comfortable so far away from home not feeling that close to her teammates. Now she has turned fully back to religion and I hope she finds happiness. I also hope that she is able to teach kids basketball and most of her moral values, but stays away from homosexuality.

As for her lawsuit, I believe it is yet another example of someone getting in her head to do something that I can't believe she would have done by herself. It was filed in California so it should be thrown out on the basis of venue and also because of Trakh's inability to even offer the job. If she should sue anyone it would be her church for screwing up her mind.

elsie

PostPosted: 11/04/17 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope she wins her case.....entities such as colleges who depend on federal tax dollars should not be in the business of discriminating against peoples religious principles....she can't practice discrimination....she herself can not discriminate....but her thoughts and her beliefs according to her religion are hers, and hers alone...

Muslims in the middle east throw gay men off of buildings...they stone women who have been raped...a muslim cleric IIRC in NYC recently said that muslim fathers can marry their dtrs...and another muslim stated that it was the duty of muslim men to rape women who wear torn jeans...

now, do we not hire muslims because of this?.....

blaase22

PostPosted: 11/05/17 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
I hope she wins her case.....entities such as colleges who depend on federal tax dollars should not be in the business of discriminating against peoples religious principles....she can't practice discrimination....she herself can not discriminate....but her thoughts and her beliefs according to her religion are hers, and hers alone...

Muslims in the middle east throw gay men off of buildings...they stone women who have been raped...a muslim cleric IIRC in NYC recently said that muslim fathers can marry their dtrs...and another muslim stated that it was the duty of muslim men to rape women who wear torn jeans...

now, do we not hire muslims because of this?.....

I am sure if a Muslim person had a video stating how evil gays and sports were that she wouldn’t get hired either Rolling Eyes

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/05/17 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The economics of this lawsuit seem dubious. She's asking for $6M in damages for not getting an AC position at non-Power 5 school, which would have lasted one year before Trakh left. He was reportedly making $139K/yr, so first year AC salaries were likely well under $100K. According to her own video she believed sports are "evil," a statement that seems to undermine her value on the staff. I could see a jury deciding in her favor and awarding her five dollars as a settlement.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: