Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 10/19/17 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Coates & Dolson seem like similar types of post players. I don't think having them on the court together will do them much good. Coates will back-up Dolson at center and Parker will back-up Breland at PF.

That sounds really bad. Maybe the Sky really do need Wilson more than any of the other teams Wink

Coates & Dolson are not the same type of players . Dolson has more of a outside game and offensive game period for that matter. Coates reminds me of a Cheryl ford type , rebounding and defense . Wont look for too much offense out of her.

Confused

Cheryl Ford averaged double digits in all but two season of her career, in era when scoring was lower league-wide.

Ford was always underestimated when she was playing, so it shouldn't be surprising when the same happens now that she's retired.

PostPosted: 10/19/17 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Coates & Dolson seem like similar types of post players. I don't think having them on the court together will do them much good. Coates will back-up Dolson at center and Parker will back-up Breland at PF.

That sounds really bad. Maybe the Sky really do need Wilson more than any of the other teams Wink

Coates & Dolson are not the same type of players . Dolson has more of a outside game and offensive game period for that matter. Coates reminds me of a Cheryl ford type , rebounding and defense . Wont look for too much offense out of her.

Confused

Cheryl Ford averaged double digits in all but two season of her career, in era when scoring was lower league-wide.

Ford was always underestimated when she was playing, so it shouldn't be surprising when the same happens now that she's retired.

Never underestimated her if anything just proving how stacked those Detroit teams were to have her as a 4th option. She was the most reliable player on the team when it comes to knowing she would produce a double double just about every game!

PostPosted: 10/19/17 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Confused

Never underestimated her if anything just proving how stacked those Detroit teams were to have her as a 4th option. She was the most reliable player on the team when it comes to knowing she would produce a double double just about every game!

In 2006, when they won their second championship, Ford was the leading scorer on the team.

PostPosted: 10/19/17 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
I think people are being over dramatic about Breland. Sure she's not ideal, but she did average career highs in scoring, and rebounding this season. Grab a combo of Deshields/Mitchell/Williams, she'll be fine starting. That being said Wilson would look good in Sky Blue.

Can you contend in this league with Jessica Breland and Cheyenne Parker as your PFs, without a great 5? Look at the PFs in this year's playoffs: Brunson (+Fowles at C), Parker/Nneka, EDD/Meesseman, A. Thomas, Charles, Stewart, Johnson. Phoenix was the only team without an all-star player at the position, but at least they have Griner at C. The Sky need to get better at the 4 and A'Ja Wilson is the most straightforward avenue. If they don't get the #1 they should be dangling one of their picks imo.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/19/17 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Confused

In 2006, when they won their second championship, Ford was the leading scorer on the team.

She actually was tied for 1st with Deanna Nolan during the Regular season at 13.8 PPG. During the Playoffs it went this way below

#1 Nolan 17.4 PPG
#2 Smith 14.7 PPG
# 3 Ford 13.4 PPG

PostPosted: 10/19/17 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Confused

She actually was tied for 1st with Deanna Nolan during the Regular season at 13.8 PPG. During the Playoffs it went this way below

#1 Nolan 17.4 PPG
#2 Smith 14.7 PPG
# 3 Ford 13.4 PPG

If you round it off they were tied. 13.84 (Ford) vs 13.76 (Nolan).

In the finals Laimbeer called Ford his "best player"

PostPosted: 10/19/17 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Confused

#1 Nolan 17.4 PPG
#2 Smith 14.7 PPG
# 3 Ford 13.4 PPG

If you round it off they were tied. 13.84 (Ford) vs 13.76 (Nolan).

In the finals Laimbeer called Ford his "best player"

Right he called her his best player thats great ...but it was pretty obvious that Deanna was his best option. Could Cheryl really had been considered the best player if she did not raise her play or PPG for the playoffs like Katie & Tweety Both did to win that title ? 2006 vs SAC i specifically remember Katie Smith & Deanna Nolan spear heading that team. with Tweety ending as Finals MVP. Id just say Cheryl was the most reliable player for Detroit .

PostPosted: 10/20/17 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boy we do get off topic don't we....Sometimes I love it and sometimes I hate it because it takes so long to try to find something actually about the topic at hand.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 10/20/17 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Code:
Team          1st    2nd    3rd    4th
-----------  -----  -----  -----  -----
Las Vegas    44.20  31.55  24.25   0.00
Indiana      27.60  31.05  31.80   9.55
Atlanta(C)   17.80  22.95  43.95  15.30
Chicago      10.40  14.45   0.00  75.15

Code:

1st          2nd          3rd          4th          Pct
-----------  -----------  -----------  -----------  ------
Las Vegas    Indiana      Atlanta(C)   Chicago      21.86
Indiana      Las Vegas    Atlanta(C)   Chicago      16.85
Las Vegas    Atlanta(C)   Indiana      Chicago      14.10
Atlanta(C)   Las Vegas    Indiana      Chicago       9.57
Las Vegas    Chicago      Indiana      Atlanta(C)    8.24
Indiana      Atlanta(C)   Las Vegas    Chicago       6.79
Atlanta(C)   Indiana      Las Vegas    Chicago       5.98
Chicago      Las Vegas    Indiana      Atlanta(C)    5.13
Chicago      Indiana      Las Vegas    Atlanta(C)    3.96
Chicago      Indiana      Las Vegas    Atlanta(C)    3.20
Atlanta(C)   Chicago      Las Vegas    Indiana       2.25
Chicago      Atlanta(C)   Las Vegas    Indiana       2.07
-----------  -----------  -----------  -----------  ------
Total                                               100.00

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 11/07/17 4:16 am; edited 2 times in total
bballjunkie

PostPosted: 10/21/17 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would be cool if Bill got the #1 pick and he was able to build up this team.

stever

PostPosted: 10/21/17 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-womens-basketball/article180223686.html

Quote:
“Like they used to say on ESPN, you can’t stop her, you can only hope to contain her,” Florida coach Cam Newbauer said. “A player of her caliber is so athletic, so long, physically gifted, and can score a multitude of ways, plus the rebounding on the defensive end, how she can affect a game. I think you just gotta limit her touches, if you can, and just try to figure out any little deficiency that you force her to try to use. ... She’s that good, to where I think she could beat you by herself.”

stever

PostPosted: 10/23/17 7:24 pm    ::: Back for sixth season, Branndais Agee ready to chase dreams Reply Reply with quote

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/msu/womens-basketball/2017/10/23/back-sixth-season-branndais-agee-ready-chase-dreams-michigan-state-womens-basketball/791325001/

FWIW....Branndais Agee was ranked 28th in the Hoopgurlz class of 2012, Aerial Powers was 98th.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/24/17 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diamond Scores 22 Pts on 7/12 Shooting 9 rebounds and 4 Assists In a losing effort for Cukurova . 23.6 PPG playing with possible future teammate Erlana Larkins ?

PostPosted: 10/24/17 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Check out @FLYBSKTBLLs Tweet: https://twitter.com/FLYBSKTBLL/status/919619869758443527?s=09

#DDD

PostPosted: 10/27/17 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nared and Russell embrace leadership roles for Lady Vols

http://www.tnjn.com/2017/10/27/nared-russell-embrace-leadership-roles-lady-vols/

Quote:
Russell and Nared were both added to the 2017 USA Women’s Basketball U23 National Team over the summer. Nared and Russell both were in the starting five, leading the USA to a 3-0 record, and an average point differential of 20 points in the tournament.

Quote:
“I’ve never seen her more hungry and determined,” said head coach Holly Warlick of Russell at her Thursday afternoon press conference.

Quote:
After last season, Russell turned down an opportunity to play in the WNBA as a projected No. 3 overall pick, to have a chance to continue her legacy as a Lady Vol.

Quote:
Nared chalked Tennessee’s inconsistency up to a lack of leadership, which her and Russell look to provide for the young Lady Vols this season.

toad455

PostPosted: 10/28/17 6:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Russell as a lottery pick in 2017? I guess since Dallas did pick Akhator at #3, it's possible Russell could have went at #3, too.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 10/28/17 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Russell as a lottery pick in 2017? I guess since Dallas did pick Akhator at #3, it's possible Russell could have went at #3, too.

Maybe even #2 since she could actually play.

She probably lost about $5K/yr during her rookie contract by not leaving early. But who knows what could happen if she has an incredible year.

But she did manage to avoid the revolving door club.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/30/17 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought the Ashland vs Ohio St preseason game might be worth noting here since OSU has several draft prospects. Ashland is the national Division 2 champion.

Kelsey Mitchell is a 4th year senior. She scored 28 pts, which is about she needs to average to break Plum's career scoring record.

Stephanie Mavunga is a 5th year senior and perennial Spooner fav. 28 pts, 23 reb, 4 ast will probably reinforce that love.

Linnae Harper is a 5th year senior, I believe. I liked her at Kentucky and she played with Mitchell at U23. She could be an under the radar prospect if she can build her PG skills. She had 17 pts, 14 reb, 6 ast.

Sierra Calhoun is a 4th year junior and is draft eligible. She's a 6'er so maybe you could describe her as a less aggressive Allisha Gray? She put up 15 pts, 3 reb.

Alexa Hart is a 4th yr senior who is sidelined with an ankle injury. It's hard to say if she'll be prominent enough to get drafted.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 10/30/17 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

looks like 5'8 Harper has been a power forward since high school, idk if the W is in future.
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 10/30/17 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With Mavunga being listed at 18 by college sports madness and the big season I see her having this year I doubt she is still on the board with NY's 2nd round pick at 22 but if she is I wouldn't be surprised to see Katie Smith push for an Ohio State Alum who can play PF and shoot the 3, seems like a good back up for Charles on a cheap contract if we try to bring in some UFAs.

At the moment for NY I like Nared or Nurse at #10 and Mavunga at #22.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 10/30/17 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn't be shocked to see a team reach for Russell if she has a good senior season. She's really the only 1st round center out there. I can even understand her desire to stay and try and finish strong at UT. One thing I wonder, though, is whether DeShields' decision to stay was a factor influencing her decision.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/31/17 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Aye_itslaylay/status/908800031414681600

Alaina Coates looking good . Could be 2018's Best kept secret , obviously shes not playing overseas still . Any word on her signing with chicago yet ? No Worries ill wait Wink

PostPosted: 10/31/17 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
https://twitter.com/Aye_itslaylay/status/908800031414681600

Alaina Coates looking good . Could be 2018's Best kept secret , obviously shes not playing overseas still . Any word on her signing with chicago yet ? No Worries ill wait Wink

She can't sign until Feb. If she's healthy enough to jump on a pad, how come she's not playing overseas? Hmmm... keep 'em guessing.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/31/17 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ohio State aiming for Final Four in own backyard

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21231314/ohio-state-buckeyes-aiming-women-final-four-own-backyard

Quote:
For the media and fans, the storyline is irresistible: Ohio State guard Kelsey Mitchell and the Buckeyes possibly get to play in the season-ending showcase in Columbus, Ohio.

"We've talked about it. It would be a great thing for our program and this community," Ohio State coach Kevin McGuff said. "I don't want it at the forefront of what we do and talk about on a daily basis, but it is a reminder and kind of a backdrop type of thing, in terms of motivation."

Quote:
"[Mavunga] has had an unbelievable offseason," he said. "She's gotten in the best shape of her life. She's really taken her physical stature to another level. I've actually never been around a player, in over 20 years coaching, who's done more in terms of her diet to change her body. She's really getting up and down the floor and doing a wonderful job right now."

I'm liking her more than Spooner now. Wink

Quote:
Plum broke the previous mark of 3,393 set by Missouri State's Jackie Stiles in 2001. Based on her three-year career average of 24.5 PPG, Mitchell needs 40 games -- that means a Final Four run -- to pass Plum, according to Riley Foreman of ESPN Stats & Info. Mitchell's best single-season scoring total was 889 (26.1 PPG) as a sophomore. Even if she averaged that this season, she'd need 38 games to pass Plum.

Foreman is treading on awhom's turf.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 11/01/17 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lottery rescheduled for Nov. 13.
To be televised on ESPN2

http://www.wnba.com/news/2018-wnba-draft-lottery-presented-state-farm-take-place-espn2-nov-13/

NEW YORK, Nov. 1, 2017 – The 2018 WNBA Draft Lottery presented by State Farm will be conducted on Monday, Nov. 13, in Secaucus, N.J., the WNBA announced today. The results of the lottery will be announced on ESPN2 during the 6 p.m. ET edition of SportsCenter prior to the network’s telecast of the NCAA women’s basketball game between South Carolina and Maryland at 7 p.m. ET. The Lottery winner will secure the top pick in the WNBA Draft 2018 presented by State Farm, to be held next April.

By missing the 2017 WNBA Playoffs, Las Vegas (formerly the San Antonio Stars), the Indiana Fever, Atlanta Dream and Chicago Sky have qualified for the 17th annual Lottery drawing. Atlanta’s spot in the lottery, however, belongs to Chicago, as the result of a July 31 trade in which the Sky sent Imani Boyette and Tamera Young to the Dream in exchange for Jordan Hooper and Atlanta’s first-round pick in 2018.

Lottery odds are based on the cumulative records of the two most recent regular seasons (2016 and 2017). Because the Stars had a cumulative record of 15-53, Las Vegas will have the most chances to land the top pick (442 out of 1,000) and is guaranteed at least the third pick.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 20 of 93

Jump to: