RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pole Dancing as an Olympic Sport???!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyL222

PostPosted: 02/24/10 5:41 pm    ::: Pole Dancing as an Olympic Sport???!!! Reply Reply with quote

Lord, take me now. This world has just passed me by:

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/2010/02/23/2010-02-23_pole_dancing_could_be_recognized_as_a_sport_and_headed_to_the_olympics_.html

PostPosted: 02/24/10 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing The jokes will just write themselves!!!!!!!!!!!

Mathies to LA 2013
StevenHW

PostPosted: 02/24/10 6:02 pm    ::: Re: Pole Dancing as an Olympic Sport???!!! Reply Reply with quote

TonyL222 wrote:

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/2010/02/23/2010-02-23_pole_dancing_could_be_recognized_as_a_sport_and_headed_to_the_olympics_.html

Oh, come on. Don't you want to be a judge in that competition? You and millions of other guys. Wink

hyperetic

PostPosted: 02/24/10 6:07 pm    ::: Re: Pole Dancing as an Olympic Sport???!!! Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
TonyL222 wrote:

Oh, come on. Don't you want to be a judge in that competition? You and millions of other guys. Wink

We would but it'll prolly be too sanitized to be of any...um...er...stimulative value. Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
pilight

PostPosted: 02/24/10 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They have Ice Dancing. London might have Ballroom Dancing. Why not other DanceSports?

PostPosted: 02/24/10 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
They have Ice Dancing. London might have Ballroom Dancing. Why not other DanceSports?

I suppose but you have to admit there is a huge stigma attached to the term "pole dancing".
pilight

PostPosted: 02/24/10 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
pilight wrote:

I suppose but you have to admit there is a huge stigma attached to the term "pole dancing".

It does seem like Team Poland would have an advantage.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know I was crowding you"

PostPosted: 02/24/10 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the event schedule for London has already been made, and cannot be amended. Unless ballroom dancing would be a demonstration event, it will not be in London.

And why not other "DanceSports?" Maybe because pole dancing is not a sport, it is as simple as that. It's a way to make honest money by appealing to sexual desires.

If something as ludicrous, laughable, and offensive as Pole Dancing makes it into the Olympics, I don't know what I'd do. The Olympics would be tainted forever.

How about getting baseball and softball back before considering something so slutty? Or maybe squash, or karate, or even Ultimate.

PostPosted: 02/24/10 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Realizing this story is just fun and fodder, they have eliminated softball, if they were to add pole dancing or any other dance sport, I've seen my last olympics.

OTOH, if they were to replace curling, or ice dancing, with say outdoor pole dancing, like on a glacier or the side of a mountain, and make it a nude event,

count me in... Cool

ETA:

Oh, I suppose boots and G strings would be acceptable Wink

PostPosted: 10/19/17 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/10/18/pole-dancing-in-the-olympics-international-sports-federation-recognition-helps-pave-the-way

Quote:
Pole-dancing now stands on its own as a provisionally recognized sport thanks to the Global Association of International Sports Federation, which granted the activity’s international governing federation “observer status” earlier this month.

PostPosted: 10/19/17 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stats47 wrote:
pilight wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the event schedule for London has already been made, and cannot be amended. Unless ballroom dancing would be a demonstration event, it will not be in London.

And why not other "DanceSports?" Maybe because pole dancing is not a sport, it is as simple as that. It's a way to make honest money by appealing to sexual desires.

If something as ludicrous, laughable, and offensive as Pole Dancing makes it into the Olympics, I don't know what I'd do. The Olympics would be tainted forever.

How about getting baseball and softball back before considering something so slutty? Or maybe squash, or karate, or even Ultimate.

Dancing in general is sport in the traditional sense. The physical activity, raising of the heart rate, muscular engagement unlike say poker which is widely heralded as a sport. Dancing these days also incorporate gymnastics. Its more of a sport than bowling, pool, and as much one as race car driving.

Sluttiness is in the eye of the beholder. You can see the same moves on Dancing With the Stars.
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/19/17 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not sure why if "artistic" dancing using a ribbon or hula hoop as a prop (aka Rhythmic Gymnastics) qualifies as an Olympic Sport, artistic dancing using a pole couldn't.

There's no fundamental difference that I perceive except that use of a pole is notoriously intertwined with strip clubs in people's perception.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 10/21/17 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another example of why the Olympics are becoming more and more ridiculous.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: