RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

I had no idea Gen Kelly was such a jerk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 10/20/17 8:35 am    ::: I had no idea Gen Kelly was such a jerk Reply Reply with quote

Not that I'm an armed forces follower, but this guy has lost any of the credibility he supposedly brought to the Chump fiasco.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/19/us/politics/john-kelly-son-trump.html

The Congresswoman- not surprisingly African-American- was a mentor to the deceased, a family friend, and was invited by the family, who put the call on speaker so their friend could hear the call.

So fuck you, Mr. Kelly. You have embarrassed the uniform you supposedly cherish.

His stream-of-consciousness bullshit about honored women....holy shit. And his attack on the Kahns. Wtf.

PostPosted: 10/20/17 10:16 am    ::: Re: I had no idea Gen Kelly was such a jerk Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Not that I'm an armed forces follower, but this guy has lost any of the credibility he supposedly brought to the Chump fiasco.

The Congresswoman- not surprisingly African-American- was a mentor to the deceased, a family friend, and was invited by the family, who put the call on speaker so their friend could hear the call.

So fuck you, Mr. Kelly. You have embarrassed the uniform you supposedly cherish.

His stream-of-consciousness bullshit about honored women....holy shit. And his attack on the Kahns. Wtf.

Really? He's the chief of staff and close advisor for Donald Trump and you had no idea he was a jerk?

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 10/20/17 10:38 am    ::: Re: I had no idea Gen Kelly was such a jerk Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Really? He's the chief of staff and close advisor for Donald Trump and you had no idea he was a jerk?

Point taken, but i qualified with "such".

PostPosted: 10/20/17 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's my response to your whiny rant...

Now here's a replay of the full video that I watched live on CNN:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps5ttDzWBaY

So nice of him to omit 99% of what Kelly said and take the remaining 1% way out of context. How about getting your facts straight before making one thread after another with your ridiculously stupid fringe lunatic sources with this false outrage of yours all the time? How does he come off as jerk? Because you believe everything you read? Or do you just assume that none of us saw the press conference and take the NY Times at their word?

It's hard to tell if you're overreacting on purpose, or if you really buy into what this Michael Shear guy is pushing.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 10/20/17 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My post is based upon having seen Kelly's entire statement, not someone else's comments about parts of it.

The rest of your can't think for yourself rightwing cult diatribe is no less innaccurate.

IOW, s.o.s.

PostPosted: 10/20/17 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In case anyone wondered if Kelly blatantly lies, just like his boss ...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/10/20/video_debunks_john_kelly_s_story_about_rep_frederica_wilson.html

And, yes, I know Slate is a left-aligned source. The article itself, though, includes Kelly's own words and a link to the video. You don't have to take Slate's word for it.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 10/20/17 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He may have been wrong about her on that point and it appears he was and he should apologize on that point. She's still responsible for igniting a political firestorm over the fact that Donald Trump can't even pull off a condolence call with a soldier's widow. Because she listened in on the call and judged every stumbling word and inflection and then reported it all to the world.

No matter HOW badly Trump sucks at this part of the job, the condolence call from a president to a widow or family should NEVER be turned into the public political cudgel this has been turned into and then debated 24/7 on multiple cable news networks.

DECENCY and conscience indicates this only to people who possess those qualities.

The news media has lost any semblance of decency and comportment. They dug into this issue with Trump and then pounced on all of his many predictable mistakes like mentioning what past presidents had done in these instances. They LIED and continue to lie about his tone and intent at his responses in the Rose Garden press conference. Anderson Cooper, the Walter Cronkite of CNN and maybe this era, REPEATEDLY lied on his show last night.

Is it 'okay' that they lie, so long as they're lying about Donald Trump?

Because long after your Donald Trump nightmare is over, these people will still be running your national news media.

tfan

PostPosted: 10/20/17 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So much for a good guy who is gonna reign in Trump.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/20/17 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
He may have been wrong about her on that point and it appears he was and he should apologize on that point. She's still responsible for igniting a political firestorm over the fact that Donald Trump can't even pull off a condolence call with a soldier's widow. Because she listened in on the call and judged every stumbling word and inflection and then reported it all to the world.

You mean when he even makes the call?

And weren't they in the car together on the way to claim his body? Anybody would put the pres on speaker phone.

Quote:
A woman whose husband was killed in combat in Afghanistan in August told CNN that she was disappointed she never received a phone call from President Donald Trump, as promised by the White House.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/2017/10/19/indiana-war-widow-promise-condolences-trump-i-never-received-phone-call/779952001/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Howee

PostPosted: 10/21/17 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Anderson Cooper, the Walter Cronkite of CNN and maybe this era, REPEATEDLY lied on his show last night.

Who ever sold you THAT line of bullshit?? Anderson Cooper/Walter Cronkite? naah.... Laughing

PostPosted: 10/22/17 2:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever

PostPosted: 10/22/17 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
It Didn’t Just Start Now: John Kelly Has Always Been a Hard-Right Bully

https://theintercept.com/2017/10/21/it-didnt-just-start-now-john-kelly-has-always-been-a-hard-right-bully/

Quote:
So here’s Kelly’s worldview, as expressed in 2010:

1. No one outside of the military can legitimately question any of America’s wars.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/22/17 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:

Oh. Laughing

PostPosted: 10/31/17 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/10/31/john-kelly-calls-robert-e-lee-an-honorable-man-and-says-lack-of-compromise-caused-the-civil-war

Quote:
the lack of an ability to compromise led to the Civil War

Leaving aside the 3/5ths compromise, the Missouri Compromise, the Compromise of 1850, the Fugitive Slave Act, the Kansas-Nebraska Act, and many other smaller deals, what exactly were they supposed to compromise over?

PostPosted: 10/31/17 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/10/31/john-kelly-calls-robert-e-lee-an-honorable-man-and-says-lack-of-compromise-caused-the-civil-war

Quote:

Leaving aside the 3/5ths compromise, the Missouri Compromise, the Compromise of 1850, the Fugitive Slave Act, the Kansas-Nebraska Act, and many other smaller deals, what exactly were they supposed to compromise over?

Disgusting.

PostPosted: 10/31/17 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Disgusting.

Kelly was originally the Secretary for Homeland Security, which means Trump picked him to oversee immigration. Is anyone surprised that this is the view of someone Trump wanted running immigration?

mercfan3

PostPosted: 10/31/17 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Kelly was originally the Secretary for Homeland Security, which means Trump picked him to oversee immigration. Is anyone surprised that this is the view of someone Trump wanted running immigration?

A little. He seemed to understand that Nazis were bad early in his tenor.

Maybe I just wanted to believe there were two (Kelly and Mad Dog), adults in the room.

I still don't mind Mad Dog, even with the understanding that he's a general and military action is where his mind is going to find solutions. (And no, I don't hold him accountable for being next to Trump when Trump signed the Muslim ban.)

Or maybe it's just me hoping again.

PostPosted: 11/01/17 7:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

there are some folks standing by Kelly saying its all a façade, that Kelly is playing only to 45 to stay close & try to keep 45 from doing anything stupid, like launching nuclear warheads.

i'd like to thinks they're right, and if so, Kelly is a helluva an actor. but his recent comments on Rep. Wilson, the cause of the Civil War, honoring Lee & his murderous ways, preference to reporters with Gold Star family connections is making it very difficult to see his patriotism.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: