Minnesota Lynx 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 09/12/17 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 09/21/17 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx in WNBA Finals or Timberwolves in China? For owner Glen Taylor, one takes priority

http://m.startribune.com/lynx-in-wnba-finals-or-timberwolves-in-china-for-owner-glen-taylor-one-takes-priority/446542523/

Quote:
Taylor owns both teams, of course, and sits courtside for almost all of the home games for each team. And even though the Wolves are going to open training camp in San Diego on Saturday and will leave for China immediately after their preseason opener vs. the Los Angeles Lakers in Anaheim Sept. 30, where they will play two preseason games, Taylor will stick close to his WNBA franchise.

“We’re going to stay with the Lynx as they play out there run,” Taylor said of he and wife Becky. “We think there is a unique opportunity there. That’s our priority.”

Quote:
“I would like to be in China,” Taylor said. “And I’ll get over there. But the priority is to be a part of the Lynx organization.”

Quote:
Should the Finals go the distance and reach Game 5 on Oct. 4, he will have spent upward of $1 million to air-condition Williams Arena on the University of Minnesota campus, where the Lynx had to move after playing the regular season in St. Paul’s Xcel Energy Center.

It is an expenditure that could eat away the team’s profitability for the season.

“That million dollars could push us back to losing some,” Taylor said. “But we’ll be fairly close. The No. 1 thing is to do what’s right for the players and the fans.”

dinkytown

PostPosted: 10/12/17 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone know of site that sells Lynx apparel besides the WNBA store, fanatics, or the mainstream outlets (Amazon)? I'd like to buy a blue or green shirt with the old logo on it still before everything changes over. I've only been finding gray shirts.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 10/12/17 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dinkytown wrote:
Does anyone know of site that sells Lynx apparel besides the WNBA store, fanatics, or the mainstream outlets (Amazon)? I'd like to buy a blue or green shirt with the old logo on it still before everything changes over. I've only been finding gray shirts.

Have you tried any of the Fan HQ locations? There's one in Ridgedale mall & Eden Prairie center.

Lord knows they have plenty of stuff with the now 'old' logo they should have slashed & been trying to sell. The big drawbacks of being at the Barn: no liquor sold Evil or Very Mad and no last blow out sale on all old logo items Confused
Maybe they'll have some kind of Garage Sale (or they should like they did for the Twolves old stuff this past summer) Who knows?

PostPosted: 10/13/17 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

Have you tried any of the Fan HQ locations? There's one in Ridgedale mall & Eden Prairie center.

Lord knows they have plenty of stuff with the now 'old' logo they should have slashed & been trying to sell. The big drawbacks of being at the Barn: no liquor sold Evil or Very Mad and no last blow out sale on all old logo items Confused
Maybe they'll have some kind of Garage Sale (or they should like they did for the Twolves old stuff this past summer) Who knows?

I live out of state now so the HQ locations aren’t an option for me unfortunately. I’m kind of limited to websites. Wish I had stopped by those when I was there in July though!

Shades

PostPosted: 10/18/17 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 10/19/17 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:
dinkytown wrote:

When I went to the wolves garage sale a few weeks ago, they mentioned they would have a Lynx garage sale.

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/20/17 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Read in the STrib today that Whalen, Brunson, Augustus, and Moore are all resting this off season and won't play overseas. Fowles will only be playing the last portion of the already shorter Chinese season.

PostPosted: 10/20/17 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Senate Resolution Introduced Honoring Lynx

http://www.kduz.com/2017/10/20/senate-resolution-introduces-honoring-lynx/

Quote:
Senators Amy Klobuchar and Al Franken have introduced a Senate resolution honoring the Minnesota Lynx for their fourth W-N-B-A Championship in seven years.

Klobuchar says the Lynx have “shattered records, made history, and established a true sports dynasty.”

Franken says for a generation of Minnesota youngsters, the Lynx have “served as an inspiration and as an example of what can happen through grit, perseverance, and hard work.”

Congressman Keith Ellison has introduced a similar resolution in the U-S House.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: