RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Donna Karan Defends Weinstein; Anthony Bourdain Responds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 10/17/17 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:

I wrote a comment on the Lena Dunham piece that said that what needs to happen now is a sea of women, from Oscar winners to girls who abandoned their careers after six months of this shit, to come forward if they were ever faced or offered, either overtly or with a wink, some role, representation, some other advancement of their career in the entertainment industry, to just come forward and say, Me, too. I don't know how many women will do that. But I know that the number of women who COULD would be in the hundreds of thousands. Hundreds of thousands. Shocked

I wrote that here last Wed. I think, at least at the moment, that it's interesting that the NYTimes hasn't posted my Pending Approval comment above ... WHILE they did post a comment I made a half hour later.

jammer los angeles 42 minutes ago

This is diluting the story of what Hollywood is and how it has gone about its business completely outside the reach of laws protecting women in the workplace for the better part of a century. Nothing is like the entertainment industry in Hollywood. Nowhere is there this many thousands of young beautiful people flocking to an industry where they are met with open arms by a system of sexual predation on a level that is unimaginable in any other industry, in any other place in this country. Anything that seeks to move the focus beyond Hollywood only does a favor for the sexual predators who have operated with impunity for so long.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/18/17 7:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As the list of Hollywood stars continues to grow, it also starts to diversify, which is simultaneously sad and good, shocking and predictable:

Olympic gymnast McKayla Maroney says team doctor repeatedly molested her
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/olympic-gymnast-mckayla-maroney-team-doctor-molested-article-1.3570958

PostPosted: 10/18/17 7:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
According to US Weekly, "Molly Ringwald wrote in an op-ed for The New Yorker on Tuesday, October 17, that she was sexually assaulted by a director when she was just 14.

In a piece titled “All the Other Harvey Weinsteins,” the Pretty in Pink star, 49, detailed her own experiences in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein sex scandal.

“I have had plenty of Harveys of my own over the years, enough to feel a sickening shock of recognition,” the former child star admitted.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/molly-ringwald-says-she-was-sexually-assaulted-by-director-at-14-w509482

PostPosted: 10/18/17 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10/20/17 3:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, I know everything is starting to blur at this point, but wake the fuck up kiddies because this shit just took a turn for the real.

There is an Italian model who is accusing Harvey of raping her in a hotel here in Los Angeles in 2013.

The details, honestly, are both chilling and heartbreaking. The hotel was three blocks from my old apartment. After finding out where she was staying and ignoring her rejections in the lobby, he somehow (Hey, I'm Harvey Weinstein... what room is my friend staying in?) found her room and FORCED his way in, he implored her to get naked, she begged him to leave her alone, she showed him pictures of her two children and her mother ill with cancer. He responded by dragging her into the bathroom and raping her.

I'm so sorry this happened to her. I wish Harvey had choked to death on some fois gras (there's irony in the food choice there) at an Oscars afterparty. But this could be the thing that sends this animal to prison.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/20/17 3:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tarentino just admitted that he knew about some of the things that Harvey had done and that even his ex girlfriend (including multiple other actrices) came up to him and said that Harvey molested her. He says now that he wished that he had done something but he didnt..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Genero36

PostPosted: 10/20/17 8:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lupita Nyong’o: Speaking Out About Harvey Weinstein

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/19/opinion/lupita-nyongo-harvey-weinstein.html

PostPosted: 11/07/17 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Harvey Weinstein story just went from terrible to the scariest shit I've ever heard of.

The New Yorker: Harvey Weinstein's Army of Spies

The film executive hired private investigators, including ex-Mossad agents, to track actresses and journalists.

In the fall of 2016, Harvey Weinstein set out to suppress allegations that he had sexually harassed or assaulted numerous women. He began to hire private security agencies to collect information on the women and the journalists trying to expose the allegations. According to dozens of pages of documents, and seven people directly involved in the effort, the firms that Weinstein hired included Kroll, which is one of the world’s largest corporate-intelligence companies, and Black Cube, an enterprise run largely by former officers of Mossad and other Israeli intelligence agencies. Black Cube, which has branches in Tel Aviv, London, and Paris, offers its clients the skills of operatives “highly experienced and trained in Israel’s elite military and governmental intelligence units,” according to its literature.

Two private investigators from Black Cube, using false identities, met with the actress Rose McGowan, who eventually publicly accused Weinstein of rape, to extract information from her. One of the investigators pretended to be a women’s-rights advocate and secretly recorded at least four meetings with McGowan. The same operative, using a different false identity and implying that she had an allegation against Weinstein, met twice with a journalist to find out which women were talking to the press. In other cases, journalists directed by Weinstein or the private investigators interviewed women and reported back the details.

The explicit goal of the investigations, laid out in one contract with Black Cube, signed in July, was to stop the publication of the abuse allegations against Weinstein that eventually emerged in the New York Times and The New Yorker. Over the course of a year, Weinstein had the agencies “target,” or collect information on, dozens of individuals, and compile psychological profiles that sometimes focussed on their personal or sexual histories. Weinstein monitored the progress of the investigations personally. He also enlisted former employees from his film enterprises to join in the effort, collecting names and placing calls that, according to some sources who received them, felt intimidating.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 11/22/17 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This fucked me up.

In all of these movies (and lots more), Ms. Sciorra is steely and luminous and game — fragile and feral and fierce. Sexy and dire. She can put the feelings you want to see from an actor, feelings you experience as a human being, right there on the surface, as portents of other psychological, emotional and romantic depths.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 12/09/17 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bumping to keep track of.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 12/13/17 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yet another one that puts into perspective how evil this fucker is.
A must-read, especially for anyone who thinks saying "no" is so simple.

Harvey Weinstein Is My Monster Too
By SALMA HAYEK

PostPosted: 03/11/20 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

23 years.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: