RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miller40

PostPosted: 09/29/17 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Cambage's durability is my biggest concern.She's never been able to stay injury free for an extended period of time.Playing in the WNBL/Commonwealth Games prior to the start of the WNBA season will be a good test.If she's healthy,I believe Cambage's intentions of joining dallas in 2018 will become a reality....Backing out at this point would destroy Cambage's credibility,and put Phillip's job security at risk.

I'd be surprised if Cambage plays Commonwealth Games, so really it may be just a WNBL season to get through.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/10/17 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i_9Xrdwj8SM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_9Xrdwj8SM

PostPosted: 10/11/17 2:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pretty cool interview. I was struck by the fact that we don't see that kind of interview with American players.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 10/11/17 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
You confused me on which thread to respond too Laughing . Billings is the better fit until we know for sure Cambage is here & Glory will give another go.

You still have Shaqator tho. She comes Curt Miller certified.

Trade her to Curt for J.Jones? Idea

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/11/17 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
You confused me on which thread to respond too Laughing . Billings is the better fit until we know for sure Cambage is here & Glory will give another go.

#DEAL Exclamation Exclamation

PostPosted: 10/11/17 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Come on, be realistic. Akhator for Chiney.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/12/17 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Get Well Teresa Plaissaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanceeee #WFFL !

PostPosted: 10/16/17 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Camb*tch posts 25p/15r/6b !! #Beasty #BringItToDallas #WeMizzLiz!

PostPosted: 10/17/17 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
The Camb*tch posts 25p/15r/6b !! #Beasty #BringItToDallas #WeMizzLiz!

Sweet!!!!!

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 10/17/17 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas needs a few things - a shooting coach, better on-ball and help defense, and time to gel (which should help defensively).

Dallas did great at getting to the line. In fact, Dallas made 744 free throws (out of 904 attempts, for 82.3 percent), while the Wings' opponents only attempted 752. Dallas scored 4.18 more points from the charity stripe than the opposition.

Where Dallas needs the shooting help is from the floor (just over 40 percent overall) and beyond the arc (227/711 for 31.9 percent).

Some of the biggest offenders were rookies (Gray, Davis) or second year players coming off of injury (Powers), so I am giving them a pass for now. But Christmas-Kelly needs to become more of a consistent scorer and a better shooter for Dallas to have any hope of improving - unless Powers simply takes over her spot. But overall, everyone could use more consistency from three, especially when launching so many.

Defensively, Dallas allowed opponents to shoot over 52 percent inside the arc, while the Wings shot 44.2 percent inside the three-point line.

So while Dallas outscored its opponents by 4.18 ppg from the line and 3.71 ppg from three (for a total of 7.89 ppg), the team was outscored by 10.47 points per game (on average) inside the arc. Having Courtney Paris miss 14 games did not help in that respect.

Overall, I like the direction of the franchise. The team won 5 more games in 2017 than 2016, even with the departure of Odyssey Sims, all of the new faces (5 rookies, plus Kayla Thornton), and two key players missing over one third of the season (Powers, Paris).

Shades

PostPosted: 10/18/17 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Saniya Chong has been named Dallas Wings Overseas Player of the Week for the week of October 10-16, after an outstanding performance with Elitzur Maclaren Holon this past week. The 5-8 guard made her grand debut overseas recording a historical game of 39 points in 39 minutes, along with five assists and one blocked shot.

http://wings.wnba.com/news/overseas-player-week-oct-9-16-saniya-chong/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 10/22/17 1:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage 23 pts, 22 reb in her latest game

tfan

PostPosted: 10/22/17 4:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Quote:
Saniya Chong has been named Dallas Wings Overseas Player of the Week for the week of October 10-16, after an outstanding performance with Elitzur Maclaren Holon this past week. The 5-8 guard made her grand debut overseas recording a historical game of 39 points in 39 minutes, along with five assists and one blocked shot.

Overseas Player of the Week, Oct. 2-9; Theresa Plaisance

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/23/17 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:
Quote:

So the reports of a Torn ACL were a lie smh #GoTP !!!

PostPosted: 10/23/17 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some good points Cam. My question is - will these players be able to make these adjustments or improvements or are they stuck in the same bad habits that they have shown with their college coaches and now in the W?

Shades

PostPosted: 10/23/17 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:
Quote:

tfan is posting old news. She tore her ACL on 10/12/17

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/23/17 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:
Quote:

tfan is posting old news. She tore her ACL on 10/12/17

Awee my emotions cannot handle . TP was one of my favorite wings. The Goofball of the team !!

PostPosted: 10/23/17 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:
Quote:

How's your Polish? Wink
http://kosz.mkspolkowice.pl/news,725,Kontuzja-konczy-sezon-Theresy-Plaisance.html

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 10/23/17 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Some good points Cam. My question is - will these players be able to make these adjustments or improvements or are they stuck in the same bad habits that they have shown with their college coaches and now in the W?

One of the assistant coaches is Bridget Pettis.

When BPett was with the Mercury (during the offseason), she ran one-on-one, individualized training sessions out of a high school gym. I had a weekly session with her, as did Alex Chambers.

Even working with BPett for just one hour per week (and playing on my own whenever I could), I noticed a tremendous improvement in my free throw shooting, my release (including the form with my wrists, timing with my elevation, etc.).

If BPett can work with these young players, I have no doubt they will improve.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 10/23/17 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:
Quote:

How's your Polish? Wink
http://kosz.mkspolkowice.pl/news,725,Kontuzja-konczy-sezon-Theresy-Plaisance.html

Torn ACL, Plaisance will decide whether to get surgery in Poland or somewhere else. Won't play for them this season (duh). They thank her for her play and work with the team and wish her the best in returning to the floor.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/23/17 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:
Quote:

How's your Polish? Wink

Very Good might I add
Quote:
The resonance score clearly showed the complete rupture of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). We were consulted by Dr Jacek Jaroszewski, who confirmed the diagnosis. Theresa is waiting for surgery and rehabilitation. The surgery can be performed in Poland, but the final decision on the place of its performance is left to our athlete - said Tomasz Ruszkowski, trainer of biological regeneration CCC Polkowice.

Thank Google Translation Laughing

PostPosted: 10/23/17 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://wings.wnba.com/news/dallas-wings-finalize-2018-coaching-staff/

Quote:
Dallas Wings Director of Player & Franchise Development Erin Phillips has been named as assistant coach for the 2018 season. Phillips replaces Bridget Pettis, who has decided to retire from coaching. Phillips will join current assistant coach Taj McWilliams-Franklin in serving on head coach Fred Williams’ staff.

PostPosted: 10/23/17 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:
Dallas Wings Director of Player & Franchise Development Erin Phillips has been named as assistant coach for the 2018 season. Phillips replaces Bridget Pettis, who has decided to retire from coaching. Phillips will join current assistant coach Taj McWilliams-Franklin in serving on head coach Fred Williams’ staff.

Obviously I was wrong, but in my head I had completely convinced myself that they had fired Fred Williams.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/23/17 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Obviously I was wrong, but in my head I had completely convinced myself that they had fired Fred Williams.

Not going to lie i thought the same ! Either way Kudos to Erin ! Will be great watching her work with Liz Camb*tch Next Season as we Go for a title ! Exciting Times await !

PostPosted: 10/23/17 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

One of the assistant coaches is Bridget Pettis.

When BPett was with the Mercury (during the offseason), she ran one-on-one, individualized training sessions out of a high school gym. I had a weekly session with her, as did Alex Chambers.

Even working with BPett for just one hour per week (and playing on my own whenever I could), I noticed a tremendous improvement in my free throw shooting, my release (including the form with my wrists, timing with my elevation, etc.).

If BPett can work with these young players, I have no doubt they will improve.

And within minutes of my post, I learn about BPett's retirement from coaching.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 4 of 41

Jump to: