RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

In Theatres on February 16, 2018
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 10/16/17 6:04 pm    ::: In Theatres on February 16, 2018 Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vt9UZo32KMk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/vt9UZo32KMk

PostPosted: 10/16/17 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That is an amazing cast.

PostPosted: 10/16/17 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
That is an amazing cast.

Yes, it is. I don't go to movies at all. I wait for Netflix, but they will definitely be getting my money.

PostPosted: 10/16/17 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
justintyme wrote:
That is an amazing cast.

Yes, it is. I don't go to movies at all. I wait for Netflix, but they will definitely be getting my money.

I'm planning on seeing this too. If a couple of sequels are planned, I wonder if they'll write in the Storm/Panther story arc.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
justintyme

PostPosted: 10/16/17 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:
justintyme wrote:
That is an amazing cast.

I'm planning on seeing this too. If a couple of sequels are planned, I wonder if they'll write in the Storm/Panther story arc.

Unfortunately, I don't think they can. Fox holds the rights to most of the X-Men characters. It's also why in Civil War they never referred to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as "mutants". Marvel doesn't own the IP rights to that term or those characters anymore for Live Action cinema.

PostPosted: 10/16/17 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
That is an amazing cast.

It is? Why?

I recognize only two of the names.

Oh, never mind. I'll take your word for it . . . until I watch the movie, which I will, and form my own opinion.
Scarab

PostPosted: 10/17/17 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
That is an amazing cast.

INDEED! Can't wait for this film!

PostPosted: 12/14/17 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Richard 77 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:
justintyme wrote:
That is an amazing cast.

Unfortunately, I don't think they can. Fox holds the rights to most of the X-Men characters. It's also why in Civil War they never referred to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as "mutants". Marvel doesn't own the IP rights to that term or those characters anymore for Live Action cinema.

With the purchase of 21st Century Fox, Disney/Marvel will now own these rights again and the worlds can be united.

PostPosted: 12/14/17 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

With the purchase of 21st Century Fox, Disney/Marvel will now own these rights again and the worlds can be united.

are they going to own the rights to the Marvel shows on Netflix: Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Daredevil ?

PostPosted: 12/14/17 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
justintyme wrote:

are they going to own the rights to the Marvel shows on Netflix: Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Daredevil ?

Probably, but I think those shows are licenced to Netflix so they will remain on that platform. Sort of how on the major networks there are shows airing on one channel, but that are actually owned by another (for instance a Fox owned show that airs on ABC).

PostPosted: 02/16/18 10:38 pm    ::: Re: In Theatres on February 16, 2018 Reply Reply with quote

Box Office: ‘Black Panther’ Scores Huge $25.2 Million Thursday Opening

Quote:
“” opened with a bang, picking up a muscular $25.2 million in Thursday preview showings. The comic book adaptation is making history; it’s the first movie to feature a black protagonist. Its barrier-breaking potential, strong reviews, and the mystique are all proving to be a potent combination. “” is projected to debut to as much as $170 million over the President’s Day weekend.

The Thursday opening numbers represent a new high-water mark for the month of January. They are roughly double the previous record of $12.7 million, which was set by “Deadpool.” It also ranks as the second biggest preview gross for a Marvel title, behind only “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” which scored $27.6 million from its previews.

“Black Panther” is also a draw overseas, where it has grossed $47 million since it began rolling out on Feb. 13. It is now showing in several major markets — a group that includes the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Taiwan, France, and Australia. On Friday, “Black Panther” opens in Spain, Mexico, Finland, India, and South Africa.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/box-office-‘black-panther’-scores-huge-dollar252-million-thursday-opening/ar-BBJdNRQ

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/black-panther-box-office-marvel-1202702053/

PostPosted: 02/17/18 6:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

even here in rio, theaters have set aside two, three "plexes" at a time to handle the crowds for this flick.

PostPosted: 02/17/18 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
justintyme wrote:

Don't forget The Punisher and The Iron Fist!!

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 02/17/18 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
even here in rio, theaters have set aside two, three "plexes" at a time to handle the crowds for this flick.

New plays on Thursday included Australia at $1.4M ($2.3M with previews), making it the third biggest ever February opening day. It’s 74% ahead of Ant-Man, 67% ahead of GOTG and 37% ahead of Strange. Brazil grabbed $1.9M for No. 1 and 164% ahead of Ant-Man, 83% ahead of Wonder Woman, 6% ahead of Justice League and 9% ahead of Deadpool. In Germany, the Chadwick Boseman-starrer culled $1M at No. 1 and 159% ahead of Ant-Man and 125% more than Strange.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/black-panther-opening-weekend-results-international-box-office-1202289446/

PostPosted: 02/17/18 7:34 pm    ::: Re: In Theatres on February 16, 2018 Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I had the privilege of watching the film while seated in front of Denzel Washington, beside Whoopi Goldberg and in the company of almost every major black actor and celebrity on the east coast: Chris Rock, Gayle King, Tyra Banks, Robin Roberts and more. Denzel was moved to tears by the movie, said he felt like a proud father, and predicted it would make a billion dollars.

This film is a godsend that will lift the self-esteem of black children in the US and around the world for a long time. It shifts the understanding of where the power of African-descended people can come from. It underscores the fact that such power, in the new century, will come from access to technology more than any other source, and will inspire young people of color to pursue technology as a possible career path.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/15/opinions/black-panther-donald-trump-van-jones/index.html

PostPosted: 02/18/18 6:56 pm    ::: Re: In Theatres on February 16, 2018 Reply Reply with quote

‘Black Panther’ Passes ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ With $192 Million 3-Day Opening at Box Office

Quote:
The full list of records "Black Panther" has broken is yet to be determined, but it already has some big ones under its belt. It has shattered the record for biggest February opening, previously held by "Deadpool" with $152 million. It has the biggest pre-summer opening weekend of all-time, beating the $174 million made last year by "Beauty and the Beast." That $174 million mark was also the opening posted by "Iron Man 3" in 2013, making "Black Panther" the highest grossing superhero movie with a single hero. It also has the biggest start for a film with a black director, nearly doubling the $98.8 million start earned by F. Gary Gray's "The Fate of the Furious" last year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/‘black-panther’-passes-‘avengers-age-of-ultron’-with-dollar192-million-3-day-opening-at-box-office/ar-BBJhUvG?li=BBnb7Kz

PostPosted: 02/18/18 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I figured that box office records will be beat by this movie. My daughter works are a movie theatre and I have never seen the parking lot as full as I have over the past 3 days.

A bit of local interest as well. Some of the movie was shot here.

http://www.myajc.com/news/local-govt--politics/black-panther-five-things-know-about-the-movie-ties-metro-atlanta/bG3oisouqehC9SSRmvECwK/?ecmp=newspaper_email

StevenHW

PostPosted: 02/19/18 12:40 pm    ::: Re: In Theatres on February 16, 2018 Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:

Box Office: ‘Black Panther’ Scores Huge $25.2 Million Thursday Opening

Quote:
“” opened with a bang, picking up a muscular $25.2 million in Thursday preview showings. The comic book adaptation is making history; it’s the first movie to feature a black protagonist. Its barrier-breaking potential, strong reviews, and the mystique are all proving to be a potent combination. “” is projected to debut to as much as $170 million over the President’s Day weekend.

The Thursday opening numbers represent a new high-water mark for the month of January. They are roughly double the previous record of $12.7 million, which was set by “Deadpool.” It also ranks as the second biggest preview gross for a Marvel title, behind only “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” which scored $27.6 million from its previews.

“Black Panther” is also a draw overseas, where it has grossed $47 million since it began rolling out on Feb. 13. It is now showing in several major markets — a group that includes the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Taiwan, France, and Australia. On Friday, “Black Panther” opens in Spain, Mexico, Finland, India, and South Africa.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/box-office-‘black-panther’-scores-huge-dollar252-million-thursday-opening/ar-BBJdNRQ

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/black-panther-box-office-marvel-1202702053/

Um, Blade (1998), anyone?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_(film)

PostPosted: 02/19/18 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just wanna know if anyone here has actually seen the movie yet. Personally, I think it looks totally overblown and stupid.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/19/18 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
I just wanna know if anyone here has actually seen the movie yet. Personally, I think it looks totally overblown and stupid.

I'm shocked.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/20/18 6:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

I'm shocked.

Why? I try to avoid super hero movies because they all pretty much look overblown and stupid. The recent Superman movies come to mind.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/20/18 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I'll never see this movie. Seems like another in a too-long line of "SuperHero" flicks Hollywood churns out that I find less appealing than a root canal.

Will there be 20 sequels like Star Wars, Batman, Catman, HeMan, SheMan, and the rest?

Last edited by cthskzfn on 02/20/18 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/20/18 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will add that I'm happy to see many GOP/rightwing/racists/Trump voters getting their panties in a wad about it!

Last edited by cthskzfn on 02/20/18 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scarab

PostPosted: 02/20/18 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LOVED it!!!! Saw it Saturday and plan to go see it again.

PostPosted: 02/20/18 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

I'm shocked.

Why? I try to avoid super hero movies because they all pretty much look overblown and stupid. The recent Superman movies come to mind.

For what it's worth, this is not your typical superhero/action movie at all. I found the characters way more complex, with more depth. Probably the most complex villian in this genre of film I've ever seen. And you don't have to be a Marvel fan and/or know backstory to enjoy it. I've been telling my friends who don't even usually like such films to go see it and every single one of them, without fail, has thanked me for strongly encouraging them to see the film. They loved it too. (Note: And I'm a Marvel fan)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: