Board Junkies Forums

WNBL (Australia) 2017/18 Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/08/17 6:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
George had 21 rebounds in 35 minutes while Cambage had 4 rebounds in 30 minutes... Rolling Eyes .....come on Liz,you're 6'9.

According to the tv feature about her that was aired before the game, she's 6'8 ("and rising"), but your point remains true. (look out for that video in the Wings thread later in the week)
George had a great game. That was the tv game and it was actually quite a low-standard anticlimax given that it was the 2 title favourites in battle, but Cayla was the exception.

The Courtney Williams show I attended this afternoon was all kinds of fun Smile (even though Sydney won the game quite comfortably)

PostPosted: 10/08/17 7:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
zune69 wrote:
George had 21 rebounds in 35 minutes while Cambage had 4 rebounds in 30 minutes... Rolling Eyes .....come on Liz,you're 6'9.

According to the tv feature about her that was aired before the game, she's 6'8 ("and rising"), but your point remains true. (look out for that video in the Wings thread later in the week)
George had a great game. That was the tv game and it was actually quite a low-standard anticlimax given that it was the 2 title favourites in battle, but Cayla was the exception.

The Courtney Williams show I attended this afternoon was all kinds of fun Smile (even though Sydney won the game quite comfortably)

Great info... Smile

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/08/17 7:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Liz managed to stay in the game for 30 minutes. That is impressive though Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/08/17 7:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Liz managed to stay in the game for 30 minutes. That is impressive though Laughing

Indeed! She wasn't exactly brimming with energy in those late minutes, but yes, she was out there.
(Seriously though, it has been a long time for her without playing matches. How she's going in the latter half of the season will be more relevant)

PostPosted: 10/08/17 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

At the moment, Sydney Wiese has yet to arrive in Townsville, Louella Tomlinson (Melbourne), Aimee Clydesdale (Adelaide) and Laia Palau (Dandenong) are not yet recovered from injuries, and Tahlia Tupaea (Sydney) and Toni Farnworth (nee Edmondson) (Perth) are likely to miss most if not all of the season due to more serious injuries.

What's Tupaea'a injury? I was slightly intrigued on maybe seeing her in camp next year, but my guess is if it's serious, she will be delayed.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/09/17 8:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

At the moment, Sydney Wiese has yet to arrive in Townsville, Louella Tomlinson (Melbourne), Aimee Clydesdale (Adelaide) and Laia Palau (Dandenong) are not yet recovered from injuries, and Tahlia Tupaea (Sydney) and Toni Farnworth (nee Edmondson) (Perth) are likely to miss most if not all of the season due to more serious injuries.

What's Tupaea'a injury? I was slightly intrigued on maybe seeing her in camp next year, but my guess is if it's serious, she will be delayed.

Quote:
The 20-year-old basketballer, the second youngest debutant in WNBL history at age 15 and 133 days, has undergone surgery for the second time in less than a year after fracturing her fifth metatarsal again.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/tahlia-tupaea-injury-a-blow-to-sydney-uni-flames-wnbl-title-defence/news-story/abe48322f73c5049966d71d6ded5dc3a

PostPosted: 10/09/17 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laney : )

hellcat24

PostPosted: 10/10/17 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For those interested, Jordan Hooper and Sami Whitcomb talk about their recent WNBA experiences and the new WNBL season in this week's Basket Case podcast (link to listen: https://www.spreaker.com/show/basket-case )

Shades

PostPosted: 10/10/17 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did Hooper talk about her experience of probably (did pilight ever confirm?) being the first WNBA player to be on 4 teams in one season?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
hellcat24

PostPosted: 10/10/17 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, all of her moving between teams this season is discussed.

PostPosted: 10/14/17 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't want to get in trouble with the broadcaster, so I'm going to delay these by a week each time.

Here's the Round 1 game between Melbourne Boomers and Townsville Fire:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mVf_80Lb9Y

PostPosted: 10/14/17 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage doesn't have to roll up her shorts - she is going with an old school pair:

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/15/17 1:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Round 2

Melbourne Boomers assembled a talented roster, but would they gel quickly is what everyone was wondering. Looks like yes is the answer. Liz already starting to dominate.
The TV game was expected to be a close one between the league's 2 small ball teams. It was, for a half, and then Bendigo demolished Perth in the 3rd quarter.

Adelaide 87 (Bishop 35p 10r, Nicholson 14p 12r, Seekamp 13p 8r 7a 4s, Planeta 9p, Novosel 7p 4r 6a)
Perth 81 (Williams 25p, Standish 14p 10r 4a 4s, Ciabattoni 13p, Whitcomb 12p 5r 7a, Kunek 11p)
Boxscore

Melbourne 90 (Cambage 25p 15r 6b, Duever 12p, Garrick 10p, Cole 10p, Purcell 9p, O'Hea 6p 7r 5a)
Bendigo 63 (Payne 16p, Karaitiana 11p, Rolph 10p 6r, Laney 8p 6r 4a, Banham 8p) (Griffin DNP - Personal)
Boxscore

Townsville 76 (Batkovic 20p 12r, George 14p 9r, Mincy 13p 6r, Wilson 7p, Donnelly 7p)
Canberra 65 (Scherf 13p 8r, Hurst 13p 5r 5a, Wehrung 9p, Bass 8p, Hooper 7p 6r, Jarry 7p 6r)
Boxscore

Bendigo 106 (Laney 27p 9a 4s, Payne 24p, Banham 19p 5r 5a, Griffin 17p 8r 4a, Karaitiana 8p)
Perth 71 (Williams 19p 5r 5a, Whitcomb 14p 5a, Kunek 11p, Standish 8p)
Boxscore

Sydney 70 (Taylor 17p 11r, Snell 14p 8r 4a, Wilson 14p 5r, Ebzery 14p 5a, Hamson 11p 8r)
Dandenong 65 (Pedersen 19p 9r 4a, St. Blicavs 15p 8r, Sa. Blicavs 14p 7r, Mijovic 9p, Roberts 8p)
Boxscore

Canberra 63 (Magbegor 11p, Hurst 10p, Scherf 8p, Gaze 8p)
Melbourne 92 (Cambage 27p 9r, O'Hea 19p 7r 4a 4s, Smart 16p, Cole 11p 7r 5a)
Boxscore

Ladder:
Townsville Fire 2-0
Melbourne Boomers 2-1
Adelaide Lightning 2-1
UC Capitals 2-1
Sydney Uni Flames 2-1
Bendigo Spirit 1-2
Dandenong Rangers 0-2
Perth Lynx 0-3

PostPosted: 10/15/17 2:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does (C) in the box score mean captain?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/15/17 3:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Does (C) in the box score mean captain?

Yep.

PostPosted: 10/15/17 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc, will LJ call all the TV games? It was.....interesting.

zune69

PostPosted: 10/15/17 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay Liz.....25p/15r/6b

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/15/17 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:

She has called the first two. As a commentator she really ... was a great player.

PostPosted: 10/15/17 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Based on what we've heard from LJ over the years, it must be really restrictive on her not to be able to swear while describing the game. Smile

PostPosted: 10/15/17 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Based on what we've heard from LJ over the years, it must be really restrictive on her not to be able to swear while describing the game. Smile

I thought Aussie TV allowed that sort of thing

PostPosted: 10/16/17 5:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
miller40 wrote:

She has called the first two. As a commentator she really ... was a great player.

She is not really a chatty person tbh so i was suprised to see her even commentating Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
hellcat24

PostPosted: 10/17/17 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rachel Banham was interviewed on the Basket Case podcast this week. If you'd like to listen, here's the link: https://www.spreaker.com/show/basket-case

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/19/17 7:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Round 2 game between Bendigo Spirit and Perth Lynx, notable for the 43-17 3rd quarter.
Includes a short feature on Kelsey Griffin in the pre-game portion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kFdZTySRNM

PostPosted: 10/20/17 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

Perth Lynx 0-3

I'ma feeling your pain. At least Williams is making it entertaining.

- Amanda Gorman
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/20/17 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Perth Lynx 0-3

I'ma feeling your pain. At least Williams is making it entertaining.

She is indeed. And actually, after losing to Bendigo by 35, we played them at home on Thursday night and smashed them by 27 so it's all good now Very Happy
(... until this evening when our little team takes on Liz & the Boomers. That might not be pretty. Just hoping to "contain" her to < 50 Razz )

This weekend's TV game is Townsville Fire - now with added Sydney Wiese - @ Dandenong Rangers.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: