Las Vegas Aces 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 09/08/17 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:
Err NO In my opinion- not bigger at all

Plum is definitely larger than Jefferson. Here they are standing next to each other:

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/CdsZ2QVEuqujM0Z-yR_y5vkZiH8=/0x307:3600x2332/1600x900/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/54867261/GettyImages_683389150.0.jpg

I have looked at Plum and Jefferson near each other on the court and Plum appears taller, but closer than I expected Can't find a good picture where they are right next to each other though.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 09/08/17 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jeffer Plays much "bigger" than Plum who is no where near the athlete Jefferson is.

UK1996

PostPosted: 09/08/17 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd take a healthy Jefferson over Plum any day. I think a healthy Jefferson can become a top 3 pg in the future.

PostPosted: 09/08/17 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
I'd take a healthy Jefferson over Plum any day. I think a healthy Jefferson can become a top 3 pg in the future.

X________________

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Angus24

PostPosted: 09/09/17 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree 100% with dtsnms and ClayK. Use the 3 guard lineup and make other teams match up. I think SAS needs that sort of firepower on the perimeter with only Harrison providing any consistent scoring in the post. Seems to me that SAS could be a playoff team if they could get another top quality post player in a trade or in the draft. I think SAS would be crazy to trade Plum or McBride and I doubt that anybody would take Jefferson at this point. I hope I am wrong but I fear that Jefferson may have a nagging injury that will never go away.

Angus24

PostPosted: 09/09/17 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am kind of thinking VJ will get an extension. She teaches good team defense and lets McBride do her thing which some coaches would not. I don't know if she has any skills at coaching post players but hopefully maybe one of the assistants does. Hard to judge her player management skills in games with her in the player development mode most of the time. I think it will come down to what sort of agreement she had with Riley with respect to team development.

scrappy

PostPosted: 09/09/17 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
I agree 100% with dtsnms and ClayK. Use the 3 guard lineup and make other teams match up. I think SAS needs that sort of firepower on the perimeter with only Harrison providing any consistent scoring in the post. Seems to me that SAS could be a playoff team if they could get another top quality post player in a trade or in the draft. I think SAS would be crazy to trade Plum or McBride and I doubt that anybody would take Jefferson at this point. I hope I am wrong but I fear that Jefferson may have a nagging injury that will never go away.

yeah? the problem is the other teams will use the 2 guards lineup and make you match up.

PostPosted: 09/09/17 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
Angus24 wrote:

yeah? the problem is the other teams will use the 2 guards lineup and make you match up.

Yeah, "making other teams match up" to your three-guard lineup sounds like a good idea, until you've got a 5'8" guard checking Shekinna Stricklen on a common switch.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/09/17 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
scrappy wrote:
Angus24 wrote:

Yeah, "making other teams match up" to your three-guard lineup sounds like a good idea, until you've got a 5'8" guard checking Shekinna Stricklen on a common switch.

Um have you ever seen Stricklen do something other then shoot? She doesnt post up or takes advantage of smaller defenders..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/09/17 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Um have you ever seen Stricklen do something other then shoot? She doesnt post up or takes advantage of smaller defenders..

Are you under the impression that height is only an advantage when you're posting up? What the hell is Plum going to do to contest her jump shot?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/10/17 2:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Are you under the impression that height is only an advantage when you're posting up? What the hell is Plum going to do to contest her jump shot?

There will not be much difference with the Stricklen example is what i mean.
She shoots 41% from 3 while coming off screens against REAL SF's. She doesnt really go 1 on 1, iso's, hardly drives or post up. So IMO putting a smaller defender on Stricklen who is maybe faster running over screens and preventing her to catch the ball in the first place might not be a bad idea. So that example is not very good.

Players like Maya, Clark, Beard etc. might decide that its a better idea to post her up and take that advantage

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/10/17 4:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It shouldn't make a difference. We're talking about a six-inch height advantage; it won't matter if they're "fast enough" to get over the screen, and if it does, that's the coach's fault. Changing the angle of the pass is a relatively minor adjustment and, once she actually gets the ball, they can't so much as bother her shot.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/27/17 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Moriah Jefferson underwent successful surgery on her right knee today

PostPosted: 09/27/17 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Moriah Jefferson underwent successful surgery on her right knee today

We obviously don't know when she might've aggravated things, but it seems like they probably should've just let her have this done months ago.

PostPosted: 09/30/17 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder why no explanation was given as to the type of surgery. Hope its not just a temporary fix for something that will be a long term problem. If that is the case her career may not last very long.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 10/13/17 1:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To the San Antonio Stars fans:

My condolences to you for the impending loss of your WNBA team. Sad

PostPosted: 10/14/17 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Alex Montgomery, although probably not starter quality in a great team, has looked good enough that Laimbeer probably wishes he had her back.

Shocked

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 10/14/17 12:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hammon on WNBA leaving San Antonio: ‘It sucks’

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Hammon-on-WNBA-leaving-San-Antonio-It-sucks-12277182.php

Quote:
"I'm sad," Hammon told the Express-News before the Spurs' preseason game in Houston on Friday. "I put a lot of literal blood, sweat and tears into that team. I'm more sad for the young girls and boys in the area. I'm sad for the next generation."

Quote:
She also made this much clear: She has no desire to see her No. 25 moved to an arena in Las Vegas or any other city that is not San Antonio.

"What I did, I did in San Antonio," Hammon said. "I don't think we should be lost and forgotten or swept under the rug either. I think it should remain. If it made a difference to one, two, three or hundreds — and I think it made an impact on countless girls — maybe they go back to the AT&T Center in 10 years and said, 'I remember when we went to a game there. What we did was special, and I don't think it should be forgotten."

RavenDog

PostPosted: 10/14/17 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's Go Bill!

toad455

PostPosted: 10/14/17 7:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Becky's jersey will still hang in the AT&T Center since she's with the Spurs?

Shades

PostPosted: 10/14/17 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Maybe Becky's jersey will still hang in the AT&T Center since she's with the Spurs?

You must have read my quote.

So toad, when are you going to change the name of this thread?

"Las Vegas Stars 2018" should do in interim.

stever

PostPosted: 10/14/17 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see Laimbeer going with any kind of Jefferson/Plum/McBride triad. If he's been handed both HC/GM jobs again, how much player movement can we expect?

toad455

PostPosted: 10/14/17 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:

You must have read my quote.

So toad, when are you going to change the name of this thread?

"Las Vegas Stars 2018" should do in interim.

I think it's best to wait until an official announcement is made.

toad455

PostPosted: 10/14/17 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
I don't see Laimbeer going with any kind of Jefferson/Plum/McBride triad. If he's been handed both HC/GM jobs again, how much player movement can we expect?

I see Plum going to possibly Seattle. Plum for the #5? Laimbeer goes with Jefferson/McBride/DeShields/Wilson/Harrison

stever

PostPosted: 10/14/17 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
stever wrote:

I see Plum going to possibly Seattle. Plum for the #5? Laimbeer goes with Jefferson/McBride/DeShields/Wilson/Harrison

I could see that happening, hopefully with better returns for Seattle than the Swords deal a year ago.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 2 of 30

Jump to: