Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 09/21/17 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wiseone1 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
So Liberty fans there seem to be some unrestricted free agents out there next year that could fit in NY, who should we offer some money to?

likely based on things read in other threads
R. Montgomery, Swords, Christmas, Currie, C. Little, T. Young, Langhorne

IDK but could be list
January, Perkins, Bentley, Lavender, Clark, Latta, Pondexter, Paris, K. Thomas, Lyttle, A. Montgomery, Carson

and what about on our team
Vaughn? Zellous? Prince? I know Hartley is a RFA.

Also Free Agents Nneka, Kizer, Glory, Stricklen, and Shenice Johnson

How do you figure? After they lost Toliver, Toler left no Sparks free agents to be had.

http://sparks.wnba.com/news/wnba-mvp-nneka-ogwumike-extends-contract-los-angeles-sparks/

http://sparks.wnba.com/news/alana-beard-re-signs-los-angeles-sparks/
http://sparks.wnba.com/news/two-time-wnba-mvp-candace-parker-extends-contract-los-angeles-sparks/
http://sparks.wnba.com/news/jantel-lavender-extends-contract-los-angeles-sparks/

Sims should be a restricted free agent. Pump up that Sparks salary cap.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 09/21/17 12:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/21/17 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder how Stricklen fits into the puzzle with Chiney coming back. They need her shooting but will she want to take on a reduced role?

Shades

PostPosted: 09/21/17 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Wonder how Stricklen fits into the puzzle with Chiney coming back. They need her shooting but will she want to take on a reduced role?

Stricklen should be happy she has whatever role.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 09/21/17 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Request to moderators: can we change the subject line of this thread to

New York Liberty 2018

Thanks.

PostPosted: 09/22/17 1:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Request to moderators: can we change the subject line of this thread to

New York Liberty 2018

Thanks.

Thanks to whatever moderator(s) made the change!

PostPosted: 09/28/17 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
So Liberty fans there seem to be some unrestricted free agents out there next year that could fit in NY, who should we offer some money to?

R. Montgomery, Swords Christmas, Currie, C. Little, T. Young, Langhorne

IDK but could be list
January, Perkins, Bentley, Lavender, Clark, Latta, Pondexter, Paris, K. Thomas, Lyttle, A. Montgomery, Carson

Vaughn? Zellous? Prince? I know Hartley a RFA.

Renee Montgomery has been lookin real good this playoff run, i like her swag Embarassed

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 09/28/17 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

IDK but could be list

Renee Montgomery has been lookin real good this playoff run, i like her swag Embarassed

JLav isn't a free agent but I do like R. Montgomery in New York. What ya say Liberty fans?

PostPosted: 09/28/17 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

IDK but could be list

JLav isn't a free agent but I do like R. Montgomery in New York. What ya say Liberty fans?

I don't love it. She's not super-disciplined and the Liberty have two energy players off the bench already in Boyd and Allen. If we were talking adding a star player, hey, I'm down. But I don't see her as a difference-maker at this point to the magnitude that we need to get a top-2 seed.

PostPosted: 09/28/17 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

IDK but could be list

I feel like this is deja vu, because I could have sworn I already said she turned down the Liberty for the 2016 season, and Laimbeer (or whoever) is probably not a glutton for rejection.

There's absolutely no indication that Montgomery is unhappy with her current situation, and vice versa.

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/29/17 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just what the Liberty would need, another streaky guard who has to be high-usage to be at her best.

I'll also pass on Lavender unless she suddenly remembers she used to have a post game.

(now with spelling variations)
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 10/07/17 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd take Lavender in a free-agent situation.

PostPosted: 10/07/17 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

IDK but could be list

I feel like this is deja vu, because I could have sworn I already said she turned down the Liberty for the 2016 season, and Laimbeer (or whoever) is probably not a glutton for rejection.

There's absolutely no indication that Montgomery is unhappy with her current situation, and vice versa.

According to a very recent article that broke down the Lynx for next season, the author was waffling on bringing Montgomery back. I'm not sure if it was just the author's opinion, but this author tends to be heavily guided by the front office.

So maybe Montgomery will be more available than I thought.

They should have a core to use on somebody and Brunson is said not to want to leave, so they might try a core and trade of some guard.

Queenie

PostPosted: 10/07/17 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do you happen to have the link handy on that article?

(now with spelling variations)
mercfan3

PostPosted: 10/07/17 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Renee is a midget. She should probably stay away from Bill.

PostPosted: 10/08/17 12:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's moot. The Liberty don't need Montgomery. They have more depth at the position than they had when they tried to acquire her. While the depth doesn't mean the position isn't murky for the Libs, Montgomery does nothing to clarify it. Especially when all 3 players at the position are young and two have potential to improve.

PostPosted: 10/08/17 1:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
It's moot. The Liberty don't need Montgomery. They have more depth at the position than they had when they tried to acquire her. While the depth doesn't mean the position isn't murky for the Libs, Montgomery does nothing to clarify it. Especially when all 3 players at the position are young and two have potential to improve.

I agree.

It might be a little different if it appeared that Laimbeer could trade one or perhaps even two of the current guards. But, for various reasons, I don't see any of them as having great trade value right now. Trading one of the guards with little return so there would be an opening to sign Montgomery would make no sense.

PostPosted: 10/08/17 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Liberty did have interest in Montgomery in the past, will they be interested again? who knows but we know Bria Hartley is a restricted free agent.

i prefer to resign Hartley but if we don't sign her i would not have a problem bringing in a veteran PG

this off-season is very critical to the Libs success next year, just watching the Finals making me think...we got some work to do....time is ticking

Shades

PostPosted: 10/08/17 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
i prefer to resign Hartley but if we don't sign her i would not have a problem bringing in a veteran PG

I doubt there will be any teams in a bidding war for her, except maybe SEA. I kinda wonder when SEA drafted Hartley, was it a prearranged draft pick and trade or was it a trade negotiated after the fact. The Hartley trade announcement seemed to take awhile if I remember correctly.

How's the Liberty cap space doing? You have Hartley and Rodgers getting raises. There's debate on whether Schimmel would be in a position to get a raise. Maybe you'd want to give her a little raise to help lure her back. Probably a funny concept, but you have seen her potential from her rookie year. Next year Zahui and Stokes will be looking for raises. Seems like the Liberty have a small window of time before they either have to move somebody(s) or consider going with 11.

toad455

PostPosted: 10/08/17 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I definitely think Laimbeer will stick with L. Allen & Boyd for next season. He speaks very highly of Allen, so I doubt she isn't in the plan for 2018.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 10/08/17 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I definitely think Laimbeer will stick with L. Allen & Boyd for next season. He speaks very highly of Allen, so I doubt she isn't in the plan for 2018.

I think Hartley, Boyd, and Lindsay Allen will all be back. Barring any major surprises, I think Hartley will begin the season as the starting point guard. But Laimbeer will be looking both in training camp and throughout the season to see if Boyd or Allen is ready to displace Hartley as the starter and play big minutes.

PostPosted: 10/08/17 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The disposal player/guard is Sugar. A lackluster season despite somehow being named an All-star. She's worth something to other teams and has decent trade value. Neither L. Allen or Boyd have any trade value.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 10/08/17 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The disposal player/guard is Sugar. A lackluster season despite somehow being named an All-star. She's worth something to other teams and has decent trade value. Neither L. Allen or Boyd have any trade value.

One of the questions surely facing Bill Laimbeer at the moment is whether Sugar Rodgers indeed has "decent" trade value. I think it's hard to say. You and I are well aware that she had a "lackluster" season. So are GMs and scouts for other teams. She plays hard and is a strong defensive player, but how much will some team give up for a shooting guard who had such a terrible season shooting?

Sugar will be 28 1/2 when the 2018 season begins. It will be her sixth season in the WNBA. She averaged 14.5 points per game in 2016 and seemed ready to become a genuine All Star. Instead, she took a significant step back, averaging only 10.5 points per game, with substantial decreases in her overall field-goal percentage and her percentage on three-pointers.
Bill Laimbeer has to wonder what he might get from Sugar in 2018. Other GMs would have to wonder as well.

PostPosted: 10/13/17 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Laimbeer is reported to be the coach & GM of the Las Vegas Stars. Thoughts? Who should replace Bill? Katie Smith?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 10/13/17 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Katie Smith seems like the obvious choice, VJ would be the ironic one.

Also sad to see Laimbeer go but maybe change will be good.

Last edited by J-Spoon on 10/13/17 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 10/13/17 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also our injured PG for theirs

Boyd and L. Allen for Jefferson (makes sense if he like Boyd and Allen as much as he seemed to, and they already know the offense he like to run.) Jefferson solves NY's PG problem and bring the shooting and 3rd offensive option to add to our two headed SG.

draft Nared at #10 and Mavunga at #22

Jefferson/Hartley
Rodgers/Prince
Zealous/Nared/R. Allen
Charles/Raincock-Ekunwe/Mavunga
Stokes/Vaugh or Zahui B or Swords or Free agent

I kind of like it. I start Rodgers with Jefferson for stronger defense, let Prince and Hartley anchor the 2nd unit offense.

Last edited by J-Spoon on 10/13/17 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 7 of 90

Jump to: