RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

San Antonio Stars being sold and relocated
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57578
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If it's going to be a gambling theme, they should be the Las Vegas Dragons. That would be inspired by Dragon Rooms; small, intimate rooms where people play Pai Gow and Super Pan 9 for big money.



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14442
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about the Las Vegas Unsustainable Water Shortage?


bballgrl



Joined: 15 Sep 2007
Posts: 3378



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish they would bring a team back to Cleveland. They could play at the Q and Dan Gilbert could afford them. We need another team in the East!


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12914



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
How about the Las Vegas Unsustainable Water Shortage?


They could call them the Las Vegas Aquifer or Las Vegas Cienega but I suppose either of those would suggest a permanent downward trajectory.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20715
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about the Las Vegas Spears so that people who think they've got tickets for Britney might show up by accident?



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23313



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vegas Shooters. Could have all kinds of interpretations.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Vegas Shooters. Could have all kinds of interpretations.


Shocked



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hearing there will be a new head coach and this would be there 1st Head Coaching gig, But WELLLL overdue ! Im actually happy about this choice if its true !!! #PoorVJ



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6848



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My guess is that it will be a casino with an arena, ala the Mohegan Sun. In addition to the Orleans and MGM Grand having arenas, the Mandalay Bay has an event center that Wikipedia says seats 12,000 (probably less for basketball events).


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12914



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aren't the Mandalay, MGM, and the T-Mobile all owned by MGM?


sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 6180
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Laimbeer will be the head coach and GM...


UK1996



Joined: 03 Sep 2015
Posts: 327



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Looks like Laimbeer will be the head coach and GM...

Where did you here that?


sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 6180
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Looks like Laimbeer will be the head coach and GM...

Where did you here that?


https://twitter.com/DougFeinberg/status/918987165148876800


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bill gets full control....plus a lottery pick.


StevenHW



Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 10306
Location: Sacramento, California


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Looks like Laimbeer will be the head coach and GM...

Where did you here that?


https://twitter.com/DougFeinberg/status/918987165148876800


Somehow, I just don't see Evil Bill as a Vegas kind of guy. And it raises some other questions...

1. Who is going to replace Laimbeer as the head coach for the N.Y. Liberty? Katie Smith?

2. Who is hiring Laimbeer with the Vegas team? Since it has been reported that the Maloofs aren't involved in this, I don't know who else in Vegas is that interested investing in a WNBA team.

3. Who will be Laimbeer's assistant coaches? The same staff from the Liberty last year?



_________________
"The more I see of the moneyed classes, the more I understand the guillotine." -- George Bernard Shaw
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18829



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Bill gets full control....plus a lottery pick.

Silly man ... he should have made some one-sided trades with San Antonio before it all became official. "Ok, it's time to look to the future here in NY. Tina Charles for Kelsey Plum!" Razz



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Bill gets full control....plus a lottery pick.

Silly man ... he should have made some one-sided trades with San Antonio before it all became official. "Ok, it's time to look to the future here in NY. Tina Charles for Kelsey Plum!" Razz


Laughing

Unfortunately,I don't believe Bill had the final say in NY.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49469



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Bill gets full control....plus a lottery pick.

Silly man ... he should have made some one-sided trades with San Antonio before it all became official. "Ok, it's time to look to the future here in NY. Tina Charles for Kelsey Plum!" Razz


Laughing

Unfortunately,I don't believe Bill had the final say in NY.


Which could be part of the motivation for the new gig. Total control, nobody looking over his shoulder, and probably more money.

I wonder how Alex Montgomery feels about all this. Surprised



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23313



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shocked more and more intriguing.

Bill with two little guards. hmmm. Guessing there would be some trades.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18829



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shocked more and more intriguing.

Bill with two little guards. hmmm. Guessing there would be some trades.

Ooh, yes, good call.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Admiral_Needa



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 9632
Location: Tiburon, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Looks like Laimbeer will be the head coach and GM...

Where did you here that?


https://twitter.com/DougFeinberg/status/918987165148876800


Somehow, I just don't see Evil Bill as a Vegas kind of guy. And it raises some other questions...

1. Who is going to replace Laimbeer as the head coach for the N.Y. Liberty? Katie Smith?



Katie Smith I would say... Idea



_________________
2002 WNBA Virtual GM Overall Winner
2006 WNBA Triple Threat Overall Winner
2007 NBA ESPN Fast Break Overall Winner
Admiral_Needa



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 9632
Location: Tiburon, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Bill with two little guards. hmmm. Guessing there would be some trades.




Well, Laimbeer just came from succeeding with a 'little' lineup with Prince, Hartley, Rodgers, Boyd and Zellous...

Could go either way Idea



_________________
2002 WNBA Virtual GM Overall Winner
2006 WNBA Triple Threat Overall Winner
2007 NBA ESPN Fast Break Overall Winner
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6848



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dan Hughes came out great - passed the reins of a bad team over to Ruth Riley and Vicki Johnson and they now have one bad season at the top of their resume for their only time in their position and he is coaching Breanna Stewart and Jewell Loyd.

I am gonna guess the Orleans Casino is the buyer. They have had other sports teams in their arena - a minor league hockey team, arena football team and lingerie football team.


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Bill gets full control....plus a lottery pick.

Silly man ... he should have made some one-sided trades with San Antonio before it all became official. "Ok, it's time to look to the future here in NY. Tina Charles for Kelsey Plum!" Razz


Laughing

Unfortunately,I don't believe Bill had the final say in NY.


Which could be part of the motivation for the new gig. Total control, nobody looking over his shoulder, and probably more money.

I wonder how Alex Montgomery feels about all this. Surprised


Agreed.


awhom111



Joined: 19 Nov 2014
Posts: 2110



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a fan of other sports, this makes me wonder about the plans for the SSE's USL club and their supposed MLS interest (almost certainly not a candidate for the expansion to 2Cool.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin