RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Draft lottery postponed from tomorrow to ''a later date''
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miller40

PostPosted: 10/04/17 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
just seems weird they haven't announced it if they have set a possible maybe sometimes date. hmmm. maybe I answered my own question.

Maybe they are waiting to see if the cafeteria from this last draft is available again.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 10/04/17 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
just seems weird they haven't announced it if they have set a possible maybe sometimes date. hmmm. maybe I answered my own question.

Maybe they are waiting to see if the cafeteria from this last draft is available again.

Laughing

toad455

PostPosted: 10/04/17 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They'll do the lottery just before the draft to make it interesting and actually get more people to tune in.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
RavenDog

PostPosted: 10/04/17 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
miller40 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Laughing

Fish and Chips on Fridays!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/04/17 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
They'll do the lottery just before the draft to make it interesting and actually get more people to tune in.

So we will be waiting until april ? Makes sense for players who choose to skip entering the draft due to not wanting to be drafted by a specific team. Not knowing until the day before would force college players to enter without knowing or having any sort of power. *DD*

PostPosted: 10/04/17 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

So we will be waiting until april ? Makes sense for players who choose to skip entering the draft due to not wanting to be drafted by a specific team. Not knowing until the day before would force college players to enter without knowing or having any sort of power. *DD*

You won't be waiting until Thanksgiving....or maybe even Halloween Wink

toad455

PostPosted: 10/04/17 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

this was a joke. though somewhat believable.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/04/17 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Oh great thanks DTSNMS !! Are you withholding information from the general population my friend ? Cool

PostPosted: 10/04/17 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

this was a joke. though somewhat believable.

Toad thanks for catching that !!

PostPosted: 10/04/17 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Oh great thanks DTSNMS !! Are you withholding information from the general population my friend ? Cool

Who? Me? Cool

I'm sorry I can't do better...it has to be announced soon, doesn't it? Doesn't it????? Surprised

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 10/04/17 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Who? Me? Cool

I'm sorry I can't do better...it has to be announced soon, doesn't it? Doesn't it????? Surprised

They don't have to announce the date of the draft lottery. Or the date of the draft. Could all be one giant secret. Then one morning they just issue a press release: "Oh, by the way, we had the WNBA draft last night. Based on the lottery results, here is the order in which teams picked. And here are their selections in the two rounds of the draft, plus notes on a few trades that were made." Smile

PostPosted: 10/04/17 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It doesn't really matter when they announce it ...

But why all this foofaraw unless something big is in the works? If there isn't, then just makes the league look amateurish ... again.

PostPosted: 10/12/17 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So it sounds like we might have a franchise on the move...

adamj95

PostPosted: 10/12/17 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:

Where’d you hear that?

PostPosted: 10/12/17 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:

You mean the Lynx moving back to the Target Center? Wink

PostPosted: 10/12/17 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Who? Me? Cool

Well, maybe not Halloween.... Crying or Very sad

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked Please Dont say My Wings Please Dont Say My Wings !

PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked Please Dont say My Wings Please Dont Say My Wings !

Nope, not your Wings.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:

Atlanta, San Antonio, or Indy would potentially be my guesses. But I have no idea.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Atlanta, San Antonio, or Indy would potentially be my guesses. But I have no idea.

Would this team be particularly looking to move to Vegas ? And id guess 1 of those 3 too due to draft lottery being halted .

PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why would a straight move require a delay? The court will be the same size and shape at the new location, won't it. The team can still draft, regardless of their future location.

It strikes me that only a change in the number of teams participating in the draft (plus or minus) would explain the delay.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Why would a straight move require a delay? The court will be the same size and shape at the new location, won't it. The team can still draft, regardless of their future location.

It strikes me that only a change in the number of teams participating in the draft (plus or minus) would explain the delay.

An ownership change would mean the new owners would want to witness the drawing

PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was back in at the End of June of this year.....

http://www.shatteredbackboard.com/2017/06/27/perfect-place-wnba-expansion-vegas-baby/

PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

So what. They all do it from their own locations anyhow. It's not like they are traveling to a central location or have a headcount limit. It's up to the old and new owners to decide for themselves who is in the room and who is calling the shots based on the status of the deal. I don't see an ownership change as warranting a delay.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Wouldn't that imply that a lottery team is on the move, and ATL shouldn't care to witness.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: