RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Donna Karan Defends Weinstein; Anthony Bourdain Responds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 10/11/17 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10/11/17 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
WTF is this?

Like, 20 years later he apologizes. He can stick it up his ass.

His ass is sorry it was brought up. He has no remorse for anyone other than himself.

PostPosted: 10/11/17 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Harvey Weinstein believes his own brother was responsible for his demise, and he has the proof in the form of a receipt ... but Bob Weinstein says Harvey's a "very sick man" who's slinging fake stories to deflect from his own misdeeds.
Sources connected to H.W. tell TMZ, Harvey firmly believes it was his brother Bob who fed The New York Times the information for its sexual harassment story. He believes it was a well-orchestrated plan by Bob to remove Harvey from the company he built.

Weinstein, we're told, firmly believes the entire board knew about his sexual harassment troubles for years. Our sources say 7 months ago Bob received Weinstein's entire personnel file which detailed a number of the claims, and he believes Bob leaked the file to The NY Times.

As for proof the file was sent, we're told Harvey Weinstein's people have a FedEx receipt which shows his brother got the material.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/10/harvey-weinstein-brother-bob-leak-new-york-times-story-sexual-harassment/

His brother wanted him out for very long time. Its obvious his brother wants to save the company and throw Harvey to the wolves. Bob knew just like Harvey's wife. Bob is a scumbag too tbf. But he's a better one than Harvey. the ruthless business man kind, not the rapist misogynist kind.

PostPosted: 10/12/17 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not in Europe seeking treatment. In LA. At his 22 year old daughter’s house fighting with her. Daughter called 911 said he was suicidal and depressed. Video of him on a street here this afternoon. He flagged down a random driver going by. Shocked

FBI is said to be opening an investigation into any criminal aspects of his actions.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Genero36 wrote:
Some of these people can STFU... When you are in certain circles EVERYBODY knows what goes on. He's done this for years and nobody said anything until it really got serious.

It's not just that, although there certainly is that. The comments themselves are, to borrow two of Hollywood's most oft-heard talking points from all this, disgusting and, in the context of this moment, reprehensible. Because these comments are still over and over again, largely careful, fearful, and STILL transactional!

You have to be able to sniff all that out in their statements as these celebs 'speak out against' what Harvey Weinstein did.

Let me take just a few of these.

"It’s not just our community — this is happening in every workplace in America. It’s disgusting. We have to create a safe atmosphere where women are able to tell their stories.” — Rob Reiner

Sonovagun. Rob Reiner. Sort of the paragon of progressiveness in Hollywood. Says it's not just OUR community, America.

“I’m sick of the media demanding only women speak up. What about the men? Perhaps many are afraid to look at their own behavior.” — Jessica Chastain

I don't think this is actually a bad sentiment to be expressing at this time but here's the thing. The men of Hollywood are not going to fix this. Why should they? At best they are going to isolate the problem, Harvey himself, and declare victory and go right back to operating as they did before but maybe with a more subtle approach. This has certainly rattled their cages, but they're still apes and will continue to behave as such.

Women in the industry will have to lead this fight and they will have to do it by telling their stories and do so in numbers (which they have, believe me) that will overwhelm the industry's public response and by demanding the change they want.

There's SO many great ideas that could shut this behavior down cold that pop into my head, I can't imagine that we're going to come out of this without some major fixes in place. But then, sigh, I read some more of these weak and carefully worded comments.

“H Weinstein -yikes! Disgusting and creepy. So is ‘leader of the free world’ btw.” — Michael Keaton

Homeboy. Just SMH. That career resurgence is some powerful shit though.

“The disgraceful news about Harvey Weinstein has appalled those of us whose work he championed, and those whose good and worthy causes he supported… The behavior is inexcusable, but the abuse of power familiar. — Meryl Streep

Raise your hand if you truly believe that Meryl Streep didn't know about Harvey Weinstein. Shocked Even 30 Rock did bits on him. I turned down intercourse with Harvey Weinstein three out of five times! And at an Oscars ceremony when Seth McFarland quipped after announcing the five nominees for best supporting actress, "You five women no longer have to pretend to find Harvey Weinstein attractive."

Three of her fellow Oscar winners, at this point, have described incidents with Harvey that happened ages ago. Deal with it people. Meryl Streep knew. She's walked through her life with such an air of self-righteousness. She's perfect! She's Meryl Streep, by God!

“I had hoped that these kind of stories were just made up rumors, maybe we have all been naïve. And it makes me so angry. There must be ‘no tolerance’ of this degrading, vile treatment of women in ANY workplace anywhere in the world.” — Kate Winslet

Now that's reprehensible. She'd hoped these were just made up rumors. lol. Translation: I'd always assumed that women were making this shit up and I didn't believe them! What she should be saying is something like. We all knew. But from the beginning of we all know that these kinds of situations and behaviors goes with the territory. Hopefully now we can begin to change that as an industry. But THAT would be career suicide. So she takes the deal and continues to plead ignorance.

“It’s indefensible. That’s the only word you can start with. Harvey’s admitted to it, and it’s indefensible. I’ve known Harvey for 20 years. He gave me my first big break as an actor in films on 'From Dusk Till Dawn,' he gave me my first big break as a director with 'Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.' We’ve had dinners, we’ve been on location together, we’ve had arguments. But I can tell you that I’ve never seen any of this behavior—ever.” — George Clooney

Another super progressive revealed. Harvey's admitted to it. Wow. What a standup guy Harvey is. I've never seen any of this behavior. I thought George Clooney was good friends, at some point, with Brad Pitt. Didn't George know of Brad Pitt confronting Harvey decades ago over his sleazy come on's with Pitt's then girlfriend G. Paltrow?

Oh. Have any of these people here used the word 'sleaze' or 'sleazy' even once? Cough, choke, indefensible. There I said it, now leave me alone.

Jeff Bridges: 'I wish him the best struggling with his demons, but his behavior was terrible. And I wish him - just as being a fellow human being - we are all struggling with different things. And he can struggle with his and come out the other side.'

Dude. Shocked 'I wish him the best?' We are all Harvey Weinstein!

Judd Apatow: 'What Harvey Weinstein did was abhorrent. He admits he did it. Why should anyone be silent in their disgust and support for his victims?'

Again with the Harvey admits it shit. So why SHOULD anyone be silent now? Hmm. Something to ponder I guess. From on high.

One last thought of my own. People aren't speaking this way because they are afraid of Harvey Weinstein. Some of them actually aren't afraid of anything and aren't motivated to speak in the careful tones they are out of fear. But those who are afraid, and that would be most, who are taking their cues on tone and basically repeating what now sounds like talking points, are afraid of the industry. The industry is circling the wagons, has set the parameters of what can be said, and is keeping score of who is with it and who is not during this troubling crisis.

Isolate the perpetrator and the behavior. Humanize him in his struggles. Be careful what you say. We're watching.

You want them to stay silent again? Even though you dont think all of them are honest about the situation (if they knew or not) its still VERY important that these people speak out on this matter. Because they set an example for the future right now so that other women dare to speak out when it happens to them..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Genero36

PostPosted: 10/12/17 7:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rose McGowan took to Instagram Wednesday after she says her Twitter account was suspended for violating the social media sites’ rules.

Sharing a photo of a Twitter notice on her Instagram account, the former Charmed actress wrote in the caption, “TWITTER HAS SUSPENDED ME. THERE ARE POWERFUL FORCES AT WORK. BE MY VOICE. #ROSEARMY.”

Her account’s suspension follows her vocal statements against Harvey Weinstein and the sexual harassment and sexual assault allegations against him.

McGowan has also been vocal about Ben Affleck, telling the Argo actor and director to “f— off” in tweet.

Her comment came after Affleck slammed Weinstein, who has been accused of sexual harassment and assault.

TWC You don’t get to change your company name & be done with it. Every man there has the blood of sorrow on their hands. You are dirty.
— rose mcgowan (@rosemcgowan) October 10, 2017

According to the notice McGowan shared, Twitter has denied her access to her account for 12 hours. The notice did not provide specific reasons for her violation, but said she can regain access faster if she deleted tweets that violated their rules.

PEOPLE has reached out to Twitter to confirm the suspension but a representative has not yet replied to the request.

According to Twitter’s online terms, it can suspend accounts if tweets have “been reported to us as violating our Rules surrounding abuse. When an account engages in abusive behavior, like sending threats to others or impersonating other accounts, we may suspend it temporarily or, in some cases, permanently.”

In a New York Times article published last week, it was revealed McGowan was part of a settlement with Weinstein in 1997 following an encounter in a hotel room with the executive producer during the Sundance Film Festival.

On Tuesday, Paltrow and Jolie told of their own accounts of alleged mistreatment. Paltrow told the NYT that Weinstein sexually harassed her in a hotel room when she was 22. The encounter allegedly ended with Weinstein placing his hands on her and suggesting a massage.

PostPosted: 10/12/17 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="454" height="255" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IoRkFTYtbuU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/IoRkFTYtbuU

PostPosted: 10/12/17 7:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"That was never my experience with Harvey in any way whatsoever, and I think that if people heard these stories … I do believe in humanity enough to think that this wouldn't have just continued," she tells THR. "I never heard any stories like this — I never heard anything specific — but it's devastating to hear."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/blake-lively-addresses-harvey-weinstein-allegations-devastating-hear-1047599

PostPosted: 10/12/17 7:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10/12/17 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vanessa Marquez (born December 21, 1968) is an American actress.[1] She is primarily known for being a recurring character on the first few seasons of ER playing Nurse Wendy Goldman, as well as having a role in the 1988 teacher drama Stand and Deliver. Marquez also appeared in a 1992 episode of Seinfeld called "The Cheever Letters", portraying the secretary to the Cuban Embassy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanessa_Marquez_(actress)

PostPosted: 10/12/17 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Am I understanding correctly that McGowan is trashing everyone and everybody on social media for not having spoken up about Weinstein, but twenty years ago she took the money and kept her own mouth closed for two decades?

Is that correct?

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/12/17 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Am I understanding correctly that McGowan is trashing everyone and everybody on social media for not having spoken up about Weinstein, but twenty years ago she took the money and kept her own mouth closed for two decades?

Is that correct?

That's what it sounds like to me.

There is a special place in hell for anyone who actively facilitated this to happen, or directly enabled him (like any assistants who orchestrated it, or someone with the power to actually stop him not doing anything, or anyone who sought to cover it up), but acting like people have a responsibility to potentially destroy their own livelihood by taking on one of the most powerful people in Hollywood and also likely being branded a "troublemaker" and blacklisted by the rest of the Hollywood elite is a bit unfair. These people didn't speak up for the same reason the women didn't speak up, they were scared of what it would do to them.

PostPosted: 10/12/17 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Is that correct?

That's what it sounds like to me.

There is a special place in hell for anyone who actively facilitated this to happen, or directly enabled him (like any assistants who orchestrated it, or someone with the power to actually stop him not doing anything, or anyone who sought to cover it up), but acting like people have a responsibility to potentially destroy their own livelihood by taking on one of the most powerful people in Hollywood and also likely being branded a "troublemaker" and blacklisted by the rest of the Hollywood elite is a bit unfair. These people didn't speak up for the same reason the women didn't speak up, they were scared of what it would do to them.

I agree with that. But there's another corner left for people who took money to do exactly what they are now publicly ripping other people for doing. There's a big sign "HYPOCRITES" over the door. She should probably just STFU.

Genero36

PostPosted: 10/12/17 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Makeup Artist Annamarie Tendler, Wife of Comedian John Mulaney, Claims Ben Affleck Groped Her at Hollywood Party

Quote:
“I would also love to get an apology from Ben Affleck who grabbed my ass at a Golden Globes party in 2014,” Tendler, a makeup artist, tweeted on Wednesday.

Tendler’s tweet came after Affleck, 45, apologized to actress Hilarie Burton for acting “inappropriately” toward her when she was a host of MTV’s TRL in 2003.

“He walked by me, cupped my butt and pressed his finger into my crack,” Tendler said in a follow-up tweet. “I guess he tried to play it like he was politely moving me out of the way and oops touched my butt instead of my lower back?”

“Like most women in these situations I didn’t say anything but I have thought a lot about what I’d say if I ever saw him again.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/makeup-artist-annamarie-tendler-wife-of-comedian-john-mulaney-claims-ben-affleck-groped-her-at-hollywood-party/ar-AAtkdMo?li=BBnbfcL

PostPosted: 10/12/17 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10/12/17 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You know, particularly with things like "he grabbed my ass" I tend to think that either you deal with it when it happens (slap him, tell him loudly so others hear it "get your hand off my ass, jerk," or whatever) or you forfeit your right to complain. It's not right to pile on with this years later when it's safe and convenient and when there is absolutely no ability of your target to defend himself.

That's why we have things like statutes of limitations and laches.

The rules are different for rape and the like, just as they are in criminal law.

But for this? Either do something when it happens or drop it.

I don't have any sympathy for Afleck. Like everyone else, I immedietly assume it happened. But that's exactly the problem. There's absolutely no way to know if this is true or a publicity stunt or motivated by something else. There is no risk or downside to making this claim today, and plenty of upside. Suddenly some anonymous makeup artist is a celebrity.

Genero36

PostPosted: 10/12/17 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
It's not right to pile on with this years later when it's safe and convenient and when there is absolutely no ability of your target to defend himself.

Like the Bill Cosby accusers, there's safety in numbers.

PostPosted: 10/12/17 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can someone translate McGowan's latest tirade to English?

What happened? It sounds like she sold her script to Amazon, but I'm having a hard time reconciling the ,"they won an Oscar," and "my show was dead" and " I wanted my script back".

I also can't figure out what Bezos is supposed to have done or is supposed to do now.

Genero36

PostPosted: 10/12/17 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WEjOorY-vpI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/WEjOorY-vpI

PostPosted: 10/12/17 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
It's not right to pile on with this years later when it's safe and convenient and when there is absolutely no ability of your target to defend himself.

Like the Bill Cosby accusers, there's safety in numbers.

That's what happens when you take a small part of a post entirely out of context. You create a strawmen that has little or nothing to do with the point actually made. Much easier to knock down that starwman than respond to the actual post I guess.

As I said, the rules are different for being drugged and raped.

And I didn't say she was supposed to go to TMZ or the police years ago. Just deal with it. You're not trying to get him arrested, just put him in his place. What's "unsafe" about it? Why do you need "numbers" to slap some jerk who grabs your ass? It's really not at all like the Cosby accusers.

By the way, several of those Cosby accusers said nothing because they were far more concerned about collecting his cash than about "safety in numbers".

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/12/17 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

By far the most important thing is that sexual assaulters get taken down. How that happens is only of secondary concern.
Until I understand the circumstances that led to individuals not being as loud as possible about it, I'm not going to throw anything their way. They aren't the rapists. They aren't where the scorn should be aimed right now. Who cares why they chose now. Better now than never. If more people pile on then it makes it all the more sad how large this all was, but it doesn't mean it didn't happen or wasn't serious. It just further proves how big a power imbalance there is.

PostPosted: 10/12/17 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
You're not trying to get him arrested, just put him in his place. What's "unsafe" about it? Why do you need "numbers" to slap some jerk who grabs your ass?

He could and likely would get a woman blackballed from Hollywood if she did that. The old boy network out there sticks together.

PostPosted: 10/12/17 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Can someone translate McGowan's latest tirade to English?

What happened? It sounds like she sold her script to Amazon, but I'm having a hard time reconciling the ,"they won an Oscar," and "my show was dead" and " I wanted my script back".

I also can't figure out what Bezos is supposed to have done or is supposed to do now.

As best I can figure, it seems that she was upset with amazon for getting involved with some project by the Weinstein company after she told the studio head that Harvey had raped her. And she had decided that she no longer wanted to work with amazon, since they didn't listen to her, but that her project was canceled before she could axe it herself.

The whole oscar thing...I have no clue. Unless she is flipping to a tangent about them working with Casey Affleck on Manchester by the Sea. That is the only Oscar I can think of that would remote connect Amazon to either TWC or the subject of sexual assault.

On a side note, the studio head she tweeted she spoke to has just been suspended by Amazon for sexual harassment, in a case unrelated to all this.

PostPosted: 10/12/17 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10/12/17 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
By far the most important thing is that sexual assaulters get taken down. How that happens is only of secondary concern.
Until I understand the circumstances that led to individuals not being as loud as possible about it, I'm not going to throw anything their way. They aren't the rapists. They aren't where the scorn should be aimed right now. Who cares why they chose now. Better now than never. If more people pile on then it makes it all the more sad how large this all was, but it doesn't mean it didn't happen or wasn't serious. It just further proves how big a power imbalance there is.

Thanks for proving my point.

You assume that her tweets "proves how big a power imbalance there is." And that it's a good thing to "pile on".

Good to see that any notion of proof or due process are completely passe.

Frankly, it doesn't "prove" a damn thing.

McGowan is spouting off a lot. There is absolutely no way to know if this is true but far too many people are far too eager to assume it is.

Besides, no one was accused of being a "rapist" here. It's interesting that no one wants to deal with the very clear distinction I made between this and a violent attack. Guess that doesn't fit the desired narrative. Might as well throw Afleck into the same jail cell with Weinstein and Cosby. After all, someone says he grabbed her ass. He must be a rapist.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: