RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

The Shot...WCBB's Version!

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Shot Made The Bigger Upset?
Morgan Vs UCONN
100%
 100%  [ 23 ]
Spoon Vs Houston
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23

Author Message
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4300
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/11/17 7:53 pm    ::: The Shot...WCBB's Version! Reply Reply with quote

Just A Bit Of Fun While We Wait For The Season To Begin ,

Which Shot Was A Bigger Upset? Spoon From Halfcourt Or Morgans Unthinkable Buzzer Beater? If there is any comparison how would you rank the 2?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ9JM1bgDe8/

Or


https://youtu.be/kapFRzy1xHE


Carol Anne



Joined: 09 Apr 2005
Posts: 1484
Location: Seattle


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 7:53 am    ::: Re: The Shot...WCBB's Version! Reply Reply with quote

THE SHOT
1994 NCAA Championship--Charlotte Smith gives North Carolina the win over Louisiana Tech with .7 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1zz5ku1KvU
http://www.goheels.com/news/2002/11/14/205476900.aspx


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 55128
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 7:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spoon's shot didn't win the series. The Comets came out the next night and beat the Lib like nothing had happened.



_________________
Come love come, the road lies low
The way is long and hard I know
PRballer



Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Posts: 1864



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

per Carol Ann, the "shot" happened in Richmond, Virginia, in 1994. Charlotte Smith's perfect 3 to beat La Tech when the game seemed over. Will never forget watching that happen live.

Everything else is nice, but that takes the cake as it was for the title for North Carolina. Capped off a great run by Sylvia and her tough, athletic Tar Heels.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 55128
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kristi Toliver's three against Duke in 2006 is also worth noting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7F2UzmGxw8



_________________
Come love come, the road lies low
The way is long and hard I know
ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 1122
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
per Carol Ann, the "shot" happened in Richmond, Virginia, in 1994. Charlotte Smith's perfect 3 to beat La Tech when the game seemed over. Will never forget watching that happen live.

Everything else is nice, but that takes the cake as it was for the title for North Carolina. Capped off a great run by Sylvia and her tough, athletic Tar Heels.


Too bad that shot never should've counted. Stephanie Lawerence clearly traveled on the inbound pass. I can't believe that gets overlooked so much.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4300
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The UNC shot should not have counted ive thought that so many times but its still in the history books. I voted Morgan's shot against UCONN only because of the dominance and confidence everyone had writing UCONN as the National champs before the tourney even began. I will never forget that moment for the rest of my life. I didn't like VIC and MSST before that game but i cant lie ill be rooting for them this year.



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
StevenHW



Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 10038
Location: Sacramento, California


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Kristi Toliver's three against Duke in 2006 is also worth noting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7F2UzmGxw8





_________________
"My mechanic told me, 'I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder'." - comedian Steven Wright
readyAIMfire53



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 5287
Location: Durham, NC


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
per Carol Ann, the "shot" happened in Richmond, Virginia, in 1994. Charlotte Smith's perfect 3 to beat La Tech when the game seemed over. Will never forget watching that happen live.

Everything else is nice, but that takes the cake as it was for the title for North Carolina. Capped off a great run by Sylvia and her tough, athletic Tar Heels.


I was there in person also. A Duke fan. The one and only time I cheered for UNC. As one steeped in the history of the game, I fully understood how big it was to topple Louisiana Tech.

That is the biggest shot in wbb. All other shots are behind that one.



_________________
Follow your passion and your life will be true down to your core.

~rAf
Jlcarter



Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Posts: 441



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/H0DkmHwC3Fk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


bucks4now



Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 580



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
PRballer wrote:
per Carol Ann, the "shot" happened in Richmond, Virginia, in 1994. Charlotte Smith's perfect 3 to beat La Tech when the game seemed over. Will never forget watching that happen live.

Everything else is nice, but that takes the cake as it was for the title for North Carolina. Capped off a great run by Sylvia and her tough, athletic Tar Heels.


I was there in person also. A Duke fan. The one and only time I cheered for UNC. As one steeped in the history of the game, I fully understood how big it was to topple Louisiana Tech.

That is the biggest shot in wbb. All other shots are behind that one.


Agreed, I was there too.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4300
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
PRballer wrote:
per Carol Ann, the "shot" happened in Richmond, Virginia, in 1994. Charlotte Smith's perfect 3 to beat La Tech when the game seemed over. Will never forget watching that happen live.

Everything else is nice, but that takes the cake as it was for the title for North Carolina. Capped off a great run by Sylvia and her tough, athletic Tar Heels.


I was there in person also. A Duke fan. The one and only time I cheered for UNC. As one steeped in the history of the game, I fully understood how big it was to topple Louisiana Tech.

That is the biggest shot in wbb. All other shots are behind that one.


LA Tech never won 111 games in a row , Thats what makes Morgans shot bigger in my opinion.



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 55128
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
PRballer wrote:
per Carol Ann, the "shot" happened in Richmond, Virginia, in 1994. Charlotte Smith's perfect 3 to beat La Tech when the game seemed over. Will never forget watching that happen live.

Everything else is nice, but that takes the cake as it was for the title for North Carolina. Capped off a great run by Sylvia and her tough, athletic Tar Heels.


I was there in person also. A Duke fan. The one and only time I cheered for UNC. As one steeped in the history of the game, I fully understood how big it was to topple Louisiana Tech.

That is the biggest shot in wbb. All other shots are behind that one.


LA Tech never won 111 games in a row , Thats what makes Morgans shot bigger in my opinion.


Yeah, but it was the title game. Miss St didn't win the tournament.



_________________
Come love come, the road lies low
The way is long and hard I know
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4300
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
PRballer wrote:
per Carol Ann, the "shot" happened in Richmond, Virginia, in 1994. Charlotte Smith's perfect 3 to beat La Tech when the game seemed over. Will never forget watching that happen live.

Everything else is nice, but that takes the cake as it was for the title for North Carolina. Capped off a great run by Sylvia and her tough, athletic Tar Heels.


I was there in person also. A Duke fan. The one and only time I cheered for UNC. As one steeped in the history of the game, I fully understood how big it was to topple Louisiana Tech.

That is the biggest shot in wbb. All other shots are behind that one.


LA Tech never won 111 games in a row , Thats what makes Morgans shot bigger in my opinion.


Yeah, but it was the title game. Miss St didn't win the tournament.


The team that won the tournament did not win 111 games in a row neither.



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Jlcarter



Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Posts: 441



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Louisville upset of Baylor in 2013 the biggest upset ever?


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4300
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jlcarter wrote:
Is Louisville upset of Baylor in 2013 the biggest upset ever?



Baylor did not win 111 Games in a row Laughing



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
FollowtheCardinalRule



Joined: 12 Oct 2011
Posts: 5153
Location: Denver


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amber Orrange is worth a mention.

If we’re going by streaks as being the most important factor, Shenneika Smith’s shot against UConn handed UConn their first home loss against an unranked squad in 19 years and snapped a 99-game home winning streak. That would take the cake over Morgan’s. I agree with the others that some of the bigger shots in history are the title game shots.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4300
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
Amber Orrange is worth a mention.

If we’re going by streaks as being the most important factor, Shenneika Smith’s shot against UConn handed UConn their first home loss against an unranked squad in 19 years and snapped a 99-game home winning streak. That would take the cake over Morgan’s. I agree with the others that some of the bigger shots in history are the title game shots.


Neither one of those UCONN squads won the pinnacle 111 in a row still......it got to the point where people where predicting 200 before that shot went down.



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Jlcarter



Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Posts: 441



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Jlcarter wrote:
Is Louisville upset of Baylor in 2013 the biggest upset ever?



Baylor did not win 111 Games in a row Laughing

Yes but that streak had a lot to do with Stewart.


Jlcarter



Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Posts: 441



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My personal favorite is 1997 Tennessee upset UConn. Tennessee had lost ten games UConn was unbeaten.


calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 1625
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 9:17 pm    ::: Re: The Shot...WCBB's Version! Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:
THE SHOT
1994 NCAA Championship--Charlotte Smith gives North Carolina the win over Louisiana Tech with .7 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1zz5ku1KvU
http://www.goheels.com/news/2002/11/14/205476900.aspx


Yes


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4300
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jlcarter wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Jlcarter wrote:
Is Louisville upset of Baylor in 2013 the biggest upset ever?



Baylor did not win 111 Games in a row Laughing

Yes but that streak had a lot to do with Stewart.


They still won 111 in a row something that most likely wont ever be done again. National Championship did not have the same prestige with uconn winning every year by a mile these last 7 or 8 years until that shot brought back hope!



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
SDHoops



Joined: 09 Nov 2007
Posts: 679



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If purely regular season then Foley's fade away three at the buzzer to knock off mighty UConn in 2004 was a big one. UConn was up by, I think, 21 or so at one point. I thought oh another UConn blowout and changed it to cartoons. Happened to flip back through and even the final few minutes seemed dire. That to me will always be a classic


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 4132
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/12/17 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
If purely regular season then Foley's fade away three at the buzzer to knock off mighty UConn in 2004 was a big one. UConn was up by, I think, 21 or so at one point. I thought oh another UConn blowout and changed it to cartoons. Happened to flip back through and even the final few minutes seemed dire. That to me will always be a classic


It was the only game I've ever seen where a team that was behind during the entire 40 minute game clock ended up winning. Duke was behind by two when Foley put up her 3pt shot, the horn sounded when her shot was in the air, but it went in and counted.

UConn never wore the new metallic silver uniforms it debuted in that game ever again.
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4300
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
If purely regular season then Foley's fade away three at the buzzer to knock off mighty UConn in 2004 was a big one. UConn was up by, I think, 21 or so at one point. I thought oh another UConn blowout and changed it to cartoons. Happened to flip back through and even the final few minutes seemed dire. That to me will always be a classic


It was the only game I've ever seen where a team that was behind during the entire 40 minute game clock ended up winning. Duke was behind by two when Foley put up her 3pt shot, the horn sounded when her shot was in the air, but it went in and counted.

UConn never wore the new metallic silver uniforms it debuted in that game ever again.


Wow yes the metallic uni's for UCONN were cool . Never saw them again after that either lol. AB Vs DT was a great battle , Duke did not come to play until the last 5 minutes! Buzzer Beater by the Aussie Was classic , sad you cant find any footage of that shot anywhere anymore.



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
readyAIMfire53



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 5287
Location: Durham, NC


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
If purely regular season then Foley's fade away three at the buzzer to knock off mighty UConn in 2004 was a big one. UConn was up by, I think, 21 or so at one point. I thought oh another UConn blowout and changed it to cartoons. Happened to flip back through and even the final few minutes seemed dire. That to me will always be a classic


It was the only game I've ever seen where a team that was behind during the entire 40 minute game clock ended up winning. Duke was behind by two when Foley put up her 3pt shot, the horn sounded when her shot was in the air, but it went in and counted.

UConn never wore the new metallic silver uniforms it debuted in that game ever again.


I was sitting a few rows up from where Foley shot that - a ticket gifted to me by a UConn fan. He called me during the jubilation to congratulate my team, knowing I had one of the best views in the house. And, the UConn fans that surrounded me all stopped by to congratulate my team - after they'd spent most of the game chuckling about the poor Duke fan, whose team was getting stomped by the mighty UConn. UConn fans will always have a special place in my heart for the class they showed me after that game.



_________________
Follow your passion and your life will be true down to your core.

~rAf
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4414



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
PRballer wrote:
per Carol Ann, the "shot" happened in Richmond, Virginia, in 1994. Charlotte Smith's perfect 3 to beat La Tech when the game seemed over. Will never forget watching that happen live.

Everything else is nice, but that takes the cake as it was for the title for North Carolina. Capped off a great run by Sylvia and her tough, athletic Tar Heels.


Too bad that shot never should've counted. Stephanie Lawerence clearly traveled on the inbound pass. I can't believe that gets overlooked so much.


You can't travel when you're inboundng. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to run the baseline after a make.

Here's the rule: Rule 7, Section 6, Article 8

Quote:
The following pertain to a designated spot:
a. The designated spot is the location at which a thrower-in is presented disposal of the ball out of bounds as in Rules 4-12.1.a through .c.
b. The designated spot shall be 3 feet wide with no depth limitation.
c. The thrower-in must keep one foot on or over the designated spot until the ball is released. Pivot foot restrictions and the traveling rule are not in effect for a throw-in.


This gives a player a lot of room to move laterally. The player would be able to move 18" to the left or right. Plus, since the ref doesn't mark a 'spot' on the floor, just a general area, it's not really an exact distance.

This allows the player to take additional inches depending on the length of the players' legs. Could easily be another 30-36".


http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/WBR17.pdf

Here's a video of the shot. I don't see her travel.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=charlotte+smith+shot+in+1994+ncaa&&view=detail&mid=78F30882FBA88CED644878F30882FBA88CED6448&FORM=VRDGAR



_________________
neverthless she persisted
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 4132
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/14/17 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
ucbart wrote:
PRballer wrote:
per Carol Ann, the "shot" happened in Richmond, Virginia, in 1994. Charlotte Smith's perfect 3 to beat La Tech when the game seemed over. Will never forget watching that happen live.

Everything else is nice, but that takes the cake as it was for the title for North Carolina. Capped off a great run by Sylvia and her tough, athletic Tar Heels.


Too bad that shot never should've counted. Stephanie Lawerence clearly traveled on the inbound pass. I can't believe that gets overlooked so much.


You can't travel when you're inboundng. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to run the baseline after a make.

Here's the rule: Rule 7, Section 6, Article 8

Quote:
The following pertain to a designated spot:
a. The designated spot is the location at which a thrower-in is presented disposal of the ball out of bounds as in Rules 4-12.1.a through .c.
b. The designated spot shall be 3 feet wide with no depth limitation.
c. The thrower-in must keep one foot on or over the designated spot until the ball is released. Pivot foot restrictions and the traveling rule are not in effect for a throw-in.


This gives a player a lot of room to move laterally. The player would be able to move 18" to the left or right. Plus, since the ref doesn't mark a 'spot' on the floor, just a general area, it's not really an exact distance.

This allows the player to take additional inches depending on the length of the players' legs. Could easily be another 30-36".


http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/WBR17.pdf

Here's a video of the shot. I don't see her travel.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=charlotte+smith+shot+in+1994+ncaa&&view=detail&mid=78F30882FBA88CED644878F30882FBA88CED6448&FORM=VRDGAR


Very informative.

The argument that UNC traveled on the inbound pass has been made for decades. I never read the text of this rule before, and know that I've seen inbound passes nullified for "traveling". I suspect that's because TV announcers use the term "travel" to describe movement out of the three-foot designated spot, which then got confused with movement of the pivot foot.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4414



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/14/17 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
ucbart wrote:
PRballer wrote:
per Carol Ann, the "shot" happened in Richmond, Virginia, in 1994. Charlotte Smith's perfect 3 to beat La Tech when the game seemed over. Will never forget watching that happen live.

Everything else is nice, but that takes the cake as it was for the title for North Carolina. Capped off a great run by Sylvia and her tough, athletic Tar Heels.


Too bad that shot never should've counted. Stephanie Lawerence clearly traveled on the inbound pass. I can't believe that gets overlooked so much.


You can't travel when you're inboundng. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to run the baseline after a make.

Here's the rule: Rule 7, Section 6, Article 8

Quote:
The following pertain to a designated spot:
a. The designated spot is the location at which a thrower-in is presented disposal of the ball out of bounds as in Rules 4-12.1.a through .c.
b. The designated spot shall be 3 feet wide with no depth limitation.
c. The thrower-in must keep one foot on or over the designated spot until the ball is released. Pivot foot restrictions and the traveling rule are not in effect for a throw-in.


This gives a player a lot of room to move laterally. The player would be able to move 18" to the left or right. Plus, since the ref doesn't mark a 'spot' on the floor, just a general area, it's not really an exact distance.

This allows the player to take additional inches depending on the length of the players' legs. Could easily be another 30-36".


http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/WBR17.pdf

Here's a video of the shot. I don't see her travel.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=charlotte+smith+shot+in+1994+ncaa&&view=detail&mid=78F30882FBA88CED644878F30882FBA88CED6448&FORM=VRDGAR


Very informative.

The argument that UNC traveled on the inbound pass has been made for decades. I never read the text of this rule before, and know that I've seen inbound passes nullified for "traveling". I suspect that's because TV announcers use the term "travel" to describe movement out of the three-foot designated spot, which then got confused with movement of the pivot foot.

Thanks for clearing that up.



Yeah, I'm sure that there are more than a few coaches that don't know that the player can't be called for a travel on an inbounds.

I'm not sure what the signal they are using now is, but back in the olden days when I officiated, it was to simply point to the DS and then where the player ended up. I couldn't tell you the last time I saw it called.

Another thing that officials will do is to hand the player the ball and then take a couple of steps to the side. Kind of gives them a guide as to how far the player can go that way at least. If the player hits the ref, they went too far. Smile

At one time there was some question as to whether there was the DS and that the player had 3' on each side of the spot, and then they had to stay over that. I think that this wording clears that up that the DS itself is 3' wide and that the DS is not just a spot.



_________________
neverthless she persisted
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 8914
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd be effed up


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/14/17 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dang....all along I thought Techster fans had a legit bitch.

If the DS throw-in rule was the same in '94, there was clearly no travel.

Not as clear is whether or not Smith's right foot is completely behind the 3-pt line. Cool



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 8914
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd be effed up


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/14/17 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Obviously, Weatherspoon's shot was bigger because NY was behind. MW didn't face the same consequence.

What was the bigger upset I can't say because I'm unfamiliar with that particular WNBA situation.

On a side note, I have to laugh when I read things like "everyone was confident UCONN was going to win the championship before the tournament even began."



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4414



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/14/17 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Dang....all along I thought Techster fans had a legit bitch.

If the DS throw-in rule was the same in '94, there was clearly no travel.

Not as clear is whether or not Smith's right foot is completely behind the 3-pt line. Cool



Sorry.

I had stopped officiating by '94, but I would say that the rule is better/more tightly defined now than when I was reffing. I'd have to look to see if I have any old rule books/case books, but my memory is telling me that the DS was more of a spot and that the player had the 3' on either side of it. Maybe that is just the way the association I was working with had defined it.

Bottom line, if it's not a violation now, I don't see how it could have been in '94.



_________________
neverthless she persisted
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 8914
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd be effed up


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/15/17 4:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not sure why you're apologizing.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4414



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/15/17 8:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
I'm not sure why you're apologizing.


You comment about Techster fans having a legit gripe made it seem like you were now disappointed that they really didn't.



_________________
neverthless she persisted
SDHoops



Joined: 09 Nov 2007
Posts: 679



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/30/17 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A few of us reminisced about the 2004 UConn Duke game, here's the link: https://youtu.be/MIuo4tflVY0

You can read CD's lips saying, "What a lucky shot." The official has to cover up or be stampeded by the Duke players..good stuff. It meant just as much back then to beat the powerhouse UConn as it does today, even moreso then because Taurasi was a senior and they had won two in a row already whereas this year's team, everyone figured they'd lose at some point with the 'inexperience'.


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3487
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/31/17 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
A few of us reminisced about the 2004 UConn Duke game, here's the link: https://youtu.be/MIuo4tflVY0

You can read CD's lips saying, "What a lucky shot." The official has to cover up or be stampeded by the Duke players..good stuff. It meant just as much back then to beat the powerhouse UConn as it does today, even moreso then because Taurasi was a senior and they had won two in a row already whereas this year's team, everyone figured they'd lose at some point with the 'inexperience'.



Back when the DeBils were fun......



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4300
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/31/17 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
A few of us reminisced about the 2004 UConn Duke game, here's the link: https://youtu.be/MIuo4tflVY0

You can read CD's lips saying, "What a lucky shot." The official has to cover up or be stampeded by the Duke players..good stuff. It meant just as much back then to beat the powerhouse UConn as it does today, even moreso then because Taurasi was a senior and they had won two in a row already whereas this year's team, everyone figured they'd lose at some point with the 'inexperience'.


OMG i freakin love You !!



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
PRballer



Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Posts: 1864



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/31/17 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
A few of us reminisced about the 2004 UConn Duke game, here's the link: https://youtu.be/MIuo4tflVY0

You can read CD's lips saying, "What a lucky shot." The official has to cover up or be stampeded by the Duke players..good stuff. It meant just as much back then to beat the powerhouse UConn as it does today, even moreso then because Taurasi was a senior and they had won two in a row already whereas this year's team, everyone figured they'd lose at some point with the 'inexperience'.



Back when the DeBils were fun......


The last 5 minutes are a delight to watch. Barbara Turner dribbling against the press? Shocked

Coach G - everyone in Durham and any fan of the college game should miss her. She had that program in high octane mode.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin