RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

It Must Suck to be a Republican

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/05/17 8:44 pm    ::: It Must Suck to be a Republican Reply Reply with quote

So difficult to hide your hypocrisy.

Quote:
Local Pittsburgh CNN affiliate KDKA first reported the embattled lawmaker would retire after his term, after reports surfaced on Tuesday alleging that the anti-abortion Republican urged a woman he was having an affair with to have an abortion.

Quote:
On Tuesday, The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette published text messages from the woman who Murphy has admitted having an affair with.

In response to an anti-abortion message on the congressman's Facebook account, The Post-Gazette said the woman wrote: "And you have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/04/politics/tim-murphy-abortion-reelection/index.html

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.

Last edited by Ex-Ref on 10/05/17 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/05/17 9:24 pm    ::: Re: It Must Suck to be a Republican Reply Reply with quote

I'm surprised he resigned. Voters have proven over and over that they don't care at all about hypocrisy.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 10/06/17 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not a Republican myself, but this guy's not even in the same league as many, many much higher-profile Democrats. You don't even have a pot to piss in here. This guy is gone from politics as I'm sure his constituents forced him to resign (I've never even heard of this guy). I mean, the guy was run out of town. Nobody supported him after this scandal broke.
LMK when you find a rapist, a Klansman, a pedophile, a serial philanderer, an obstructor of justice, or a racketeer not named Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Robert Byrd or Anthony Weiner (and the list goes on, I can keep naming Democrats that leftists continue to support) who got continued support long after their skeletons came out of the closet.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 10/06/17 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
I'm not a Republican myself, but this guy's not even in the same league as many, many much higher-profile Democrats. You don't even have a pot to piss in here. This guy is gone from politics as I'm sure his constituents forced him to resign (I've never even heard of this guy). I mean, the guy was run out of town. Nobody supported him after this scandal broke.
LMK when you find a rapist, a Klansman, a pedophile, a serial philanderer, an obstructor of justice, or a racketeer not named Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Robert Byrd or Anthony Weiner (and the list goes on, I can keep naming Democrats that leftists continue to support) who got continued support long after their skeletons came out of the closet.

Thanks for the layup.

Donald Trump, the "fucking moron". Unless ~35% isn't considered continued support.

PostPosted: 10/06/17 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It sucks to be a hypocrite, regardless of political affiliation

PostPosted: 10/06/17 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know the medical term for it but it seems many politicians can't really tell the truth from untruth. They spend their whole careers just trying to get re-elected by spouting whatever they think will get them there/keep them there. Many of their 'statements' are written by staff and I'm convinced they don't always even read them.

- Amanda Gorman
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/06/17 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I don't know the medical term for it but it seems many politicians can't really tell the truth from untruth. They spend their whole careers just trying to get re-elected by spouting whatever they think will get them there/keep them there. Many of their 'statements' are written by staff and I'm convinced they don't always even read them.

Pathological and compulsive liar comes to mind as possibilities.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
tfan

PostPosted: 10/06/17 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

I saw something once that talked about lying and how most people (95%?) will give off "tells" when they lie due to some guilty discomfort. With regard to the other 5% who show no sign they are lying they added "they do well in the legal profession and politics".

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/07/17 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, you know what they say:

Pro-life in the streets, pro-choice in the sheets.

PostPosted: 10/08/17 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What did this fool think was going to happen at an NFL game? Did he think that his presence was going to stop the kneeling?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/10/08/mike-pence-leaves-game-protest-kneeling-national-anthem/744267001/

Way to go asshole! You take a weekend that was supposed to be about Peyton Manning and made it all about you. You've morphed into Trump2.

Not to mention what was probably increased security to get into the game. Indy police had enough to do this weekend without your stupidity to get in the way. (Garth Brooks is also in town for 5 concerts at Banker's Life and lots of people for the Manning celebration. http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/indianapolis/impd-on-high-alert-for-big-weekend-in-downtown-indianapolis-after-las-vegas-mass-shooting)

Quote:
Vice President Mike Pence said he left Sunday's Indianapolis Colts game after several players from the San Francisco 49ers chose to kneel during the national anthem.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/08/17 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This piece of shit... That ANYONE can STILL support this administration is beyond me. They have no limit to how low they will go. Disgusting!

Quote:
Vice President Mike Pence turned the anthem into a prop Sunday, co-opting it for a stunt that served no other purpose than to sow division and further enrage the administration’s conservative base. That it likely deflected attention from yet more neo-Nazi protests in Charlottesville was all the better.

Quote:
This isn’t about patriotism or love of country or any other garbage excuse. This was a carefully orchestrated PR move — one staged at no small expense to taxpayers, mind you, given his Las Vegas-Indianapolis-Los Angeles itinerary.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/nancy-armour/2017/10/08/real-mockery-national-anthem-vice-president-pence/744537001/

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/08/17 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

'Niners respond:

Quote:
"And so, this is what systemic oppression looks like. A man with power comes to the game, tweets a couple things out and leaves the game, with an attempt to thwart our efforts."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/10/08/eric-reid-mike-pence-national-anthem-protest-walkout-colts/744748001/

And if you're interested (and have the stomach for some of it), some responses from Fort Wayne area:

Most liked responses:

Quote:
"vice president pence staged a PR stunt today when leaving right after the national anthem to please his dear leader"*

Fixed your headline for ya.

Quote:
God bless our Vice President for standing up and leaving for their blatant disrespect of our flag and anthem...

https://www.facebook.com/wane15/

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/08/17 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Commenter #1 - Commenter #2 only in your Disney world do those other God's exist... in the real world there is only one true God and he is the father of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ...

Commenter #1 - No sense in arguing with ignorance at its finest! Leftist liberals have a mental disorder so there is no sense in arguing with the mentally impaired....

Commenter #2 - Commenter #1 I am not delusional, I E I don’t believe in any of them. I believe in in science and evolution. Someday you may find the real true about life and how you have been lied to all your life with the biggest con of man kind!

Commenter #1 Oh you poor soul Commenter #2... grasp a hold and repent before it is too late...

Commenter #1 - Commenter #2 you truly are ignorant!

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/08/17 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So this was about a $200,000 stunt just for travel! It will be nice when the asshole in the White House reimburses the taxpayers. Not gonna hold my breath!

Quote:
According to the Air Force, flying a C-32, the model of plane used for Air Force 2, for one hour costs about $30,000. Pence's flight from Las Vegas to Indianapolis Saturday took about three hours and 20 minutes, so it cost about $100,000
Pence then flew from Indianapolis to Los Angeles on Sunday, which took about four hours and 45 minutes, costing about $142,500.
The grand total: about $242,500.
Some costs of the flight into Los Angeles will be reimbursed by the Republican National Committee because Pence is attending a political event there.
If he had flown just from Las Vegas to Los Angeles, a trip lasting about 90 minutes, the cost would have been about $45,000.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/08/politics/pence-indianapolis-flights-cost/index.html

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/07/18 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More on the cost of this stunt.

Quote:
A report published Saturday by the Huffington Post cites newly released documents from the Department of Homeland Security that estimate the cost of Pence's visit -- including hotel, travel and additional security measures -- of at least $325,000.

All so Pence could not watch an NFL game.

Quote:
Pence, the former governor of Indiana, said he planned the trip well in advance because of a pregame tribute to former Colts quarterback Peyton Manning.

Quote:
In addition to the cost of Pence's flight on Air Force Two, additional security measures were ordered in conjunction with the vice president's visit, including the construction of temporary walkways in downtown Indianapolis.

However, the dates on the newly released (and as the Huffington Post notes, heavily redacted) documents indicate the walkways were ordered the Friday before the game. And a lodging agreement with the Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport was signed three days earlier.

Nothing that we didn't already know, but the guy is a lying sack of shit!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/10/07/mike-pence-walkout-indianapolis-colts-game-cost-taxpayers/1559583002/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: