RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

White House invite for Stanley & S. Carolina

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
StevenHW



Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 9989
Location: Sacramento, California


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/01/17 3:39 pm    ::: White House invite for Stanley & S. Carolina Reply Reply with quote

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-womens-basketball/article176364791.html



_________________
"My mechanic told me, 'I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder'." - comedian Steven Wright
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11675



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/01/17 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So will individual players be required to go, or do they have a choice?


snzuluz



Joined: 10 Aug 2007
Posts: 110



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/02/17 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They won in April...not sure why it takes so long to set up these visits...kids who were apart of that team and have transfeered out or have graduated now will not be apart of something that they won almost 5 months ago...kids who are now freshmen get to go for something they had no part in either


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11675



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/02/17 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snzuluz wrote:
They won in April...not sure why it takes so long to set up these visits...kids who were apart of that team and have transfeered out or have graduated now will not be apart of something that they won almost 5 months ago...kids who are now freshmen get to go for something they had no part in either


I don't think the White House had given this the slightest thought until UN Ambassador Haley got involved and tried to set up a visit for her state's school.


FollowtheCardinalRule



Joined: 12 Oct 2011
Posts: 4989
Location: Denver


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/02/17 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
snzuluz wrote:
They won in April...not sure why it takes so long to set up these visits...kids who were apart of that team and have transfeered out or have graduated now will not be apart of something that they won almost 5 months ago...kids who are now freshmen get to go for something they had no part in either


I don't think the White House had given this the slightest thought until UN Ambassador Haley got involved and tried to set up a visit for her state's school.


This was my reaction as well, given that UNC had already been contacted to set up their visit. Blatant sexism if you ask me....while I'm not a huge fan of Haley, credit to her for making this happen.


Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4269



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/02/17 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:

This was my reaction as well, given that UNC had already been contacted to set up their visit. Blatant sexism if you ask me....while I'm not a huge fan of Haley, credit to her for making this happen.


From this White House? Blatant sexism surprises you?
Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 2784



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/03/17 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:

This was my reaction as well, given that UNC had already been contacted to set up their visit. Blatant sexism if you ask me....while I'm not a huge fan of Haley, credit to her for making this happen.


From this White House? Blatant sexism surprises you?


I agree. I'm pretty sure that Trump LOVES women, so emphatically in fact, that he will "embrace" them even without them having to ask!

As for Dawn's visit, do you think this administration's vote against a United Nations resolution condemning LGBTQ people (https://thinkprogress.org/united-nations-gay-death-penalty-36e6a5101ec9/) will affect her decision to visit the Whitehouse?


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11675



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/03/17 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:
FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:

This was my reaction as well, given that UNC had already been contacted to set up their visit. Blatant sexism if you ask me....while I'm not a huge fan of Haley, credit to her for making this happen.


From this White House? Blatant sexism surprises you?


I agree. I'm pretty sure that Trump LOVES women, so emphatically in fact, that he will "embrace" them even without them having to ask!

As for Dawn's visit, do you think this administration's vote against a United Nations resolution condemning LGBTQ people (https://thinkprogress.org/united-nations-gay-death-penalty-36e6a5101ec9/) will affect her decision to visit the Whitehouse?


Especially considering the vote was cast by Haley, who's arranging the visit. Rolling Eyes

Quite an "honor roll" of countries we sided with. Crying or Very sad


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin