77%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 35

zune69

PostPosted: 10/01/17 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How many layups is Fowles going to miss Laughing

ucbart

PostPosted: 10/01/17 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Ryan Ruocco assures us that 12 minutes is plenty of time for LA to get back in the game from a 17 point deficit which is more than Minnesota led by at the half. Then LA fails to score 5 on 4.

If that would've been Ogumike that got hit, it would have been reviewed. Or, if that was Griner....reviewed.

tfan

PostPosted: 10/01/17 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA is 2-16 from 3 (12.5%).

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 10/01/17 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

9-pt game...

Ryan Ruocco was right Twisted Evil

wnbashockballa

PostPosted: 10/01/17 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Ryan Ruocco assures us that 12 minutes is plenty of time for LA to get back in the game from a 17 point deficit which is more than Minnesota led by at the half. Then LA fails to score 5 on 4.

and now LA is back in it lol

PostPosted: 10/01/17 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA again fails to close it out at home and must try and win a do or die game in Minnesota.

wnbashockballa

PostPosted: 10/01/17 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

whelp LA just didn't want this crazy they came out flat cuz i really don't see minny losing again on there home court for game 5 the barn is about be rocking

PostPosted: 10/01/17 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

. . . and just like last year, LA hands the home court advantage right back. Now they have to be unruly guests once more and get rude & ugly to their hosts in Minny. At least Candace will get her two days rest time. Time to don the red cape once again!

PostPosted: 10/01/17 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

great job Lynx! Close it out Wednesday!

toad455

PostPosted: 10/01/17 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What a wasted opportunity by the Sparks. Terrible effort tonight.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 10/01/17 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx 48 rebounds
LA 28 rebounds

Shocked

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 10/01/17 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA got complacent... again... Confused

lynxmania

PostPosted: 10/01/17 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

REBEKKAH FUCKING BRUNSON. THAT IS ALL.

kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 10/01/17 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
REBEKKAH FUCKING BRUNSON. THAT IS ALL.

I'm glad we got that Brunson. Give her her 5th ring!

lynxmania

PostPosted: 10/01/17 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay besides Brunson, I don't think I've seen Chelsea Gray shoot that many air balls before. At least two maybe more and it wasn't like they were contested shots either.

LA had some questionable shots during the game. So many rushed shots, that they normally don't take.

I expect Parker to have a huge bounce back game on Wednesday. She gets the rest she needs and she will be good to go.

London2toronto

PostPosted: 10/01/17 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Parker and Ogwumike need to do a better job rebounding it's as simple as that! They were both rubbish. I don't see the Lynx losing at home, they're are just too good!

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/01/17 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some thoughts:
Lynx made their shots.
LA's shots looked pretty horrible.
In general LA looked tentative.
The refs weren't the difference in this one.
Defense on the main characters both ways has been pretty good which in a way makes it fairly ugly. It depends on which of the bit players contribute.
Whalen has lost a lot of the respect I had for her, but I'm sure she doesn't care.
I always laugh at Ruoco's description of Gray 'rumbling' down the court. It really does look like that. She moves like an old lady.

On to game five and we'll see who comes to play.

- Amanda Gorman
bballgrl

PostPosted: 10/01/17 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In looking back at the scores from these 4 games I saw that

game 1 LA won by 1
game 2 Lynx won by 2
game 3 La won by 11
game 4 Lynx won by 11

game 5 how many pts will the winning team win by? Time will tell.

Each team has won every other game, if the same pattern continues LA would win. If maya's record of winning every other year Lynx will win.

Wednesday will hold the answer!

tfan

PostPosted: 10/01/17 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bX-rNEaICK8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 10/01/17 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Usually, I read all the comments before posting, but I just need to vent, so I apologize if I am repeating others.

-Props to Lynx. They played a great game, were faster to the ball, outrebounded the Sparks like nobody's business, and just played with the necessary desperation.
-Props to Sims. I said it before and I will say it again, she has been the team's best two-way player through four games. Parker, for me, is a close second. If the Sparks are to win and the status quo remains, Sims would be my first choice for MVP. Parker, again, a close second.
-Our shot selection SUCKED - Too many early low percentage shots, mostly threes by Ogwumike and that one by Beard. I understand that Ogwumike wants to try to make her three to get Fowles away from the basket, but the ones she chose to take just did not seem like the right time.
-Chelesa - Very poor game. I recall seeing at least a couple airballs, and she had no legs for most of her misses. I still have confidence in her, but her worst game of the series so far.
-Rest - We get two days off, although we do have to travel. That should work to the benefit of everyone, but hopefully moreso for the Sparks given the shorter rotation that Agler uses.
-Lack of kiler instinct - This is the reason I am most disappointed in my team tonight. Can they turn it around? Well, yes, they can, but they have no momentum going into a hostile environment. Perhaps it was because LA got complaecent, and Lyns literally had their backs against the wall, I don't know. Just hoping for a solid game 5 from both teams with a Sparks victory of course. Keep your heads up Sparks!
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 10/01/17 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sims left it all on the court and has my respect because of it. I love Gray but she had a bad game. Those shot selection werent the best for LA like Nneka taking contest 3s.They were missing fts shots and got out rebounded and you not gonna win too many games when you are missing shot inside and outsides.LA can build on the run they had made in the last mins going into game 5 minus the costly mistakes they made.

Fowles was unstoppable. Renee give good mins. Brunson was tbe unsung hero. Maya did the small things in the clutch to help Minny win like the turnover she got CP to commit in the last few mins when LA was making a final run.

30 fta to 16 that seems shady not saying LA wasnt fouling but twice has much on Minny give me a break.Brunson got 3 less fta as a whole team. Guess the league wants the sellout in Minny. I better not hear Lynx fans complain about fouls in this series again. The most fta L A got is 9 more over the Lynx in a game.With all the traveling the Lynx did they should already be home. Rolling Eyes

Shades

PostPosted: 10/02/17 12:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
wnbashockballa wrote:
IF lynx lose this would be the 1st time an active MVP that made it to the finals didn't win the championship right? also Maya's never streak of not going more than a yr with out winning a championship is over

The Lynx will also set the record for most times not winning a title when they are the #1 overall seed, and combined with the two times she lost as the #1 seed in college, Maya will have lost in the playoffs 5 times as the top seed, making her arguably the biggest loser/choker in postseason history if not at least dispelling the notion that all she does is win.

"Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all"... a quote or analogy you probably can't relate to.

Maya isn't being gifted the #1 seed. She has a lot to do with her teams being the #1 seed. If you can't respect that, what can you respect?

Plus she has a couple of championships in China; at least one championship in Europe. Who wins moore?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
chamomile1800

PostPosted: 10/02/17 2:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
wnbashockballa wrote:
IF lynx lose this would be the 1st time an active MVP that made it to the finals didn't win the championship right? also Maya's never streak of not going more than a yr with out winning a championship is over

The Lynx will also set the record for most times not winning a title when they are the #1 overall seed, and combined with the two times she lost as the #1 seed in college, Maya will have lost in the playoffs 5 times as the top seed, making her arguably the biggest loser/choker in postseason history if not at least dispelling the notion that all she does is win.

"Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all"... a quote or analogy you probably can't relate to.

Maya isn't being gifted the #1 seed. She has a lot to do with her teams being the #1 seed. If you can't respect that, what can you respect?

Plus she has a couple of championships in China; at least one championship in Europe. Who wins moore?

Diana does Smile

PostPosted: 10/02/17 3:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After 4 games:
Gray:16p/6.5a/50%

Sims:14.5p/4a/43%

Parker:14p/8r/4a/38%

Ogwumike:13.7p/9.3r/40%

Sim & Gray have done their jobs.LA's post players need to pick it up,especially on the boards.Parker's not even shooting 40% for the series.Might have to remove Parker from my top 10 all-time list if she has a mediocre game 5 and LA loses.This is the 2nd year in a row Parker "spit the bit" in game 4 at home with a chance to win the championship.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 10/02/17 7:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GRRRR, THE OFFICIATING GRRRRR!!!!!!!

(jk, the Sparks played like butt and deserved to lose)

(that said, Whalen is supremely lucky she didn't have to watch last night's game from the locker room, or maybe Parker Center, while being booked for aggravated assault.)

Also, Q: how right can one particular message board post be?

A: not possibly more right than this:

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
parker on 1 day rest...nope... the sparks will have to win it with the leadership of others Sunday. no slight to candace...it's just been this way for a few seasons now.

Oh well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: